Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health?
    #4357962 - 07/01/05 03:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #4358021 - 07/01/05 03:22 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I doubt it. Once the scientific and medical community come out against it I'll believe it, but these little conspiracies I always ignore.

Same with MSG and aspartame, and refined sugar, and all the other factors that the FDA hasn't come out against yet people are hysterical about.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Ravus]
    #4358036 - 07/01/05 03:27 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think its definitely possible.

I mean, look how long it took people to figure out smoking cigarettes and asbestos from factories was fatal?

Also the prolonged exposure to exast in big cities, you cant even safelt go out for a "jog" anymore due to pollution. it seems like a stretch, but it could be...

what about cell phones causing tumors?

its all interesting at least

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineTubOlucinogens
Stranger

#4358043 - 07/01/05 03:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Food just sucks when it's cooked in a microwave.

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4358067 - 07/01/05 03:33 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

agreed

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4358085 - 07/01/05 03:39 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I think most anything causing us damage is a possibility.

But there's so many conspiracies and problems you could point to as killing off humanity, that it's really useless to worry about it until there's strong evidence or the scientific/ medical community comes out against it. Until one of those two happens, I tend to just live life as normal and not worry about it, otherwise I'd probably be curled up inside a bubble being fed nutrition from a machine.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #4358091 - 07/01/05 03:40 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Kill your microwave!

Export Television Slavery!!

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: TubOlucinogens]
    #4358110 - 07/01/05 03:43 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Depends what you cook and how you cook it. Microwaves can be very underestimated (and the ones that are combo grills are great)

Quote:

You cannot do serious cooking in a microwave kitchen myth cooking urban legend

This is one of the very silliest myths but it refuses to die out. There are a lot of people who use their microwave for nothing but boiling water and reheating leftovers and they are really missing out on a lot. I suspect that this myth got its start when microwaves were a new tool and a lot of awful microwave recipe books were published. Some people tried to use their microwave as a general purpose stove and oven replacement rather than as a more specialized tool that is well suited for some jobs but not at all useful for others. For example you would not want to use a microwave for a roast beef, fried potatoes, or baking bread, but it works just great for things like rice, poached fish, and steamed veggies. I find it particularly handy for making polenta and risotto, with results that are every bit as good as the stovetop with much less work and worry. If you want to expand your microwave repertoire I highly recommend The Microwave Gourmet by Barbara Kafka. Another excellent book is The Moghul Microwave by Julie Sahni (Indian dishes).

http://www.pgacon.com/KitchenMyths.htm

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #4358121 - 07/01/05 03:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Those web sites talk about such things as heating blood for transfusion and baby bottles in microwaves.

The reason you don't warm blood for transfusion or baby bottles in microwaves is for the same reason you should use a steam bath to do this. Microwaves cause localized hot spots in the food. In the case of blood, it will cause cauterization (clotting) of the blood in that hot spot. The same can happen with overheated baby milk.

This is not to say that microwaves are dangerous and has nothing to do with cancer. All the ill effects attributed to microwaves by those quack web sites can be attributed to heating food in a pan. Again, this is why hospitals don't put transfusion blood in a pan and why mothers are warned to warm baby milk by immersing the bottle in hot water and not by heating it in a pan.

As for cell phones causing tumors, this has been studied and studied and studied, both statistically in humans, and by subjecting animals to thousands of times more powerful EM radiation than what comes from a cell phone 24x7 for years. Not a single scientifically valid study has found any reason to believe cell phones cause tumors or any other kind of health damage other than stupid people crashing cars while talking to their girlfriend on the phone.

By some estimates there are currently a half billion cell phones in daily use around the world but there is absolutely no correlated rise in cancer since their use became prevalent based on World Health Organization data.

And when I was in college, my roommate who was terrified of microwaves, also thought fluorescent lights would make her hair fall out. All this with absolutely no rational thought behind her beliefs. :shrug:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Diploid]
    #4358139 - 07/01/05 03:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I was wondering, Ares do you know how microwaves actually work (without looking on google)?

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Shroomism]
    #4358156 - 07/01/05 03:53 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Shroomism, how are you online buddy? you`crazy karma kameeleeon

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Tao]
    #4358163 - 07/01/05 03:55 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Yeah I was wondering, Ares do you know how microwaves actually work (without looking on google)?

Yes tao, understood

I did graduate high school, with very high scores may i add...

if i wanted to unlink my thoughts into a spiritual and serious RATIONAL manner, i would go hunt you dogs down in S&P :smile:

--------------------

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Diploid]
    #4358170 - 07/01/05 03:57 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

the point of this thread was not to be rational, it was to gather opinions on the wide spread subjects :smile:  which is semi - what i have accomplished...

until i get dissed for usin links.  damn...

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #4358187 - 07/01/05 04:02 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

no answer?

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4358199 - 07/01/05 04:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Who "dissed" you for "usin links"? I didn't see anyone creating an overly negative or emotional response.

--------------------

OfflineDigs
Stranger
Male

Loc: aca
    #4358205 - 07/01/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ya, I rarely use the microwave, maybe to soften some butter for w/e or squash for casserole or something.

Heh mine's a piece of shit sitting on the floor near the kitchen anyways :laugh:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: HELLA_TIGHT]
    #4358206 - 07/01/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

no answer to what? im tired, what did i miss?

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #4358227 - 07/01/05 04:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Uh oh. The Mind Cops are out tonite.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Love is like a train...
Female

Re: Microwaves: Convenience vs. Long term health? [Re: Ravus]
    #4358229 - 07/01/05 04:10 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i was being sarcastic niggah

--------------------

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan
    #4358230 - 07/01/05 04:11 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

:shrug:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub