Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Northwest US
Mushrooms in Summer?
    #4357415 - 07/01/05 12:37 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hi all!

I live in the Pacific Northwest (southwest Washington state, to be exact) and just recently got into mushroom hunting and tripping. Well... I would be more into them if I could just find a few of the damned things! I haven't recieved my mushroom identification guide that I ordered yet, so I don't know if I can even find any mushrooms at this time of year in my area. And no, I'm not dumb enough to eat the couple I have found without first thoroughly researching and identifying them.

I've spent the last few days researching online at night and out in the field during the day (and I am TIRED!  :smirk: ). I've hiked through every forested area, field, and park around me but, the only place I've found any shrooms of any kind are on my and my neighbors' lawns. I have great respect for this activity, which is why I decided to learn the hunting and identification methods myself instead of relying on others. I'm just very new and am looking for any help I can get. All comments or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks!

Besides, if there are no active mushrooms growing at this time, at least I'll have plenty of time to study up!  :laugh:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Mushrooms in Summer? [Re: Grypht]
    #4360947 - 07/01/05 09:05 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Hey man im from Seattle.. Well Snohomish to be exact. I have been in Texas for the last 13 years ...

But I can tell you we used to find them under Alder trees and in the piles of Alder saw dust left behind after the loggers did a cut... Good luck!

Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification