Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!)
    #4355989 - 06/30/05 03:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

So I was with a group of 7 friends the other night, having a fat smoke out session, and someone tells us about this game he played with his family.

The game consists of picking out an unknown word in the dictionary, and everyone has to individually make up a defintion of the word on a piece of paper. Afterwards, all the definitions are read out loud, including the real definition, and you have to find out which one is the real definition of the word.

So we go ahead and play it, and i noticed right from the first word that we picked, that there were many crazy similarities between some people's definition that were made up.

For example, for the first word, me and another guy both came up with the definition of a metal object that was used as an essential part of a machine (except mine was for a cd player, and his was for a labouring tool).

Then, on the second word, i made up something consisting of nuclear particles fusioning together to make another particle, and another guy also talked about physics and atoms. And this same guy said that the word came from an ancient Greek god, and amazingly another guy said that the word was the name of the god of dust and sand (or something like that) from the Greek mythology!

On the third word, 2 people mentioned Guinea! And on that same word, me and another dude mentioned primitive tribes!

I was just amazed.

Its almost as if an immaterial cloud, composed of our unconscious emitted by our brains, was surrounding us. This would explain how sometimes we think we imagine or invent things when really its just our brain that finds them in this immaterial cloud. Our brain would then be some kind of "radio receptor", which would explain the phenomena during that night.

Anyway, this game was great fun, people can come up with the funniest shit, many tears of laughter were seen, and as weird as it may seem, its actually really hard to find the correct definition. I definitely recommend you try it out and see if anything similar to what happened to us happens to you!  :thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: exclusive58]
    #4356012 - 06/30/05 03:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, I've played that game. It's fun. There is a store version of it, I forget what it's called.

I don't think that says so much about collective consciousness as it does about shared linguistics.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: dr0mni]
    #4356022 - 06/30/05 03:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Balderdash.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: dr0mni]
    #4356039 - 06/30/05 03:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

a store version of it? all you need is a dicitonary and a few pieces of paper! who would be dumb enough to purchase this?

"shared linguistics"

what do you mean? we share the same language so we would come up with similar definitions of a word?

none of the words we played with were in any way familiar to us.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: exclusive58]
    #4356045 - 06/30/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That is my favorite game to play with people. It's hilarious! :thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: Icelander]
    #4356067 - 06/30/05 03:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The store version has the obscure words already on cards, so you do not need to search the Dictionary. Also, what might seem obscure to the person searching could be well-known to the other players! (I have been in that situation when playing with a Dictionary, it was actually pretty funny!)

Also you advance on a board, so it is easier to keep track of who wins. I got it for $1.99 at the Goodwill, so it was well worth it IMO!

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: Veritas]
    #4356107 - 06/30/05 03:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that's pretty cheap.
well before playing with a word, you obviously have to make sure nobody knows it..

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #4356233 - 06/30/05 04:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well even if you don't recognize a word, it is made up of root words, may sound similar to other words, etc. Just by hearing a word you automatically make associations in your mind. And since you and your friends all speak the same language you make similar associations.

I'm not saying that unconscious telepathy couldn't influence the answers in some way, but I guarantee that if you played the game with someone who spoke english as a second language, the similarities would not be so strong.

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
    #4356994 - 06/30/05 08:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not saying that unconscious telepathy couldn't influence the answers in some way

Ok, I will.

All you're doing is relating the word to words or parts of words you already know. Some words sound more "natural" or "mechanical" etc. than others and personal definitions will likely read into that. Sure, it's a cool game but it's not terribly hard to understand how it works.

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

OfflineOldWoodSpecter
waiting
Male

Loc: mountains and lakes
    #4357047 - 06/30/05 08:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

or that game when someone asks you what would you like to eat now, and almost EVERYONE names some type of food or something. It's amazing. I mean what are the chances  :smirk:

--------------------
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine

Invisibleorechron
LIVEWRONG
 User Gallery

Loc: Fallout Zone
Re: phenomena to validate theory of collective consciousness (bonus: learn a cool game!) [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4357111 - 06/30/05 09:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Just made migas. Eating now. OH THE FLAVORGASM!

--------------------
Live by the foma that make you brave, and kind, and healthy, and happy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates