Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Kerry slams Bush for hesitating
    #4355868 - 06/30/05 02:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

From http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/?id=110006892

In light of all the bizarre Democratic carping over President Bush linking Sept. 11 to terrorism in Iraq, it's worth going back to a speech http://www.independentsforkerry.org/uploads/media/kerry-iraq.html one senator gave in October 2002 explaining his vote for the liberation of Iraq:

Quote:

September 11 changed a lot, but other things have changed: Globalization, technology, a smaller planet, the difficulties of radical fundamentalism, the crosscurrents of religion and politics. We are living in an age where the dangers are different and they require a different response, different thinking, and different approaches than we have applied in the past. . . .

A brutal, oppressive dictator, guilty of personally murdering and condoning murder and torture, grotesque violence against women, execution of political opponents, a war criminal who used chemical weapons against another nation and, of course, as we know, against his own people, the Kurds. He has diverted funds from the Oil-for-Food program, intended by the international community to go to his own people. He has supported and harbored terrorist groups, particularly radical Palestinian groups such as Abu Nidal, and he has given money to families of suicide murderers in Israel.

The man who gave that speech, was, of course, John Kerry. In the same speech, Kerry faulted Bush for waiting so long to deal with the menace of Saddam Hussein:

Quote:

The administration missed an opportunity 2 years ago [sic; two years before this speech, Bill Clinton was still president] and particularly a year ago after September 11. They regrettably, and even clumsily, complicated their own case. The events of September 11 created new understanding of the terrorist threat and the degree to which every nation is vulnerable. That understanding enabled the administration to form a broad and impressive coalition against terrorism. Had the administration tried then to capitalize on this unity of spirit to build a coalition to disarm Iraq, we would not be here in the pressing days before an election, late in this year, debating this now. The administration's decision to engage on this issue now, rather than a year ago or earlier, and the manner in which it has engaged, has politicized and complicated the national debate and raised questions about the credibility of their case.

In fact, Kerry mentioned Sept. 11--the subject liberals now want to render taboo--six times during his Iraq floor speech.

In an e-mail to supporters yesterday, Kerry blasted Bush for engaging in "campaign style rhetoric" in his Tuesday speech at Fort Bragg, N.C. Then he unearthed an old chestnut from his own losing campaign: "We saw what happened after 9/11, in the mountains of Tora Bora, when the administration took its eyes off the ball when it came to hunting down and capturing Osama Bin Laden."

Just after Bush's speech, Kerry appeared on "Larry King Live," and guest host Bob Costas asked him the obvious question, which he couldn't or wouldn't answer:

Quote:

Costas: If you had been elected president last November, by this point what would President John Kerry have done in Iraq?

Kerry: Well, I laid out--you know, I don't want to get in--I mean, I think that's not quite the way to go at it.

As Andrew Sullivan wrote in March 2002, "I respect a good opposition raising important, concrete questions about tactics and strategy in a war. But I suspect whiners who are angling for political advantage at the possible expense of this country's security, and our troops' safety."

Phred

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Kerry slams Bush for hesitating [Re: Phred]
    #4356215 - 06/30/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

who is john kerry?

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Kerry slams Bush for hesitating [Re: Phred]
    #4356229 - 06/30/05 04:28 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Why does anyone even talk to him anymore. He's already proved the dope has gotten to him so much he can't even form a rational argument.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: Kerry slams Bush for hesitating [Re: lonestar2004]
    #4356238 - 06/30/05 04:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
who is john kerry?

Someone who gave bush the presidency by being a complete boob of a candidate. Oh two party system, how do I love you... let me count the ways...

...zero.

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Kerry slams Bush for hesitating [Re: unbeliever]
    #4356275 - 06/30/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think the last successful third party to win the White House was the Republican Party.

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom