Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Marijuana Tripping
    #4355613 - 06/30/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well I just had a crazy trip on mary jane. The kind where you understand how the world works, and understand (in theory) how to get back to the place that helps you understand it in the first place. The kind where Jesus hugs your heart chakra (though was not "enlightening" in a sense) and you learn how to auto-type through your subconscious for a few moments.

the kind where you forget everything you just learned only to realize that as you type randomly, the entire trips major key points manage to slip to mind and into text.

The kind where you understand eternity by understanding duality, yet are still bewildered as hell... and "understand" nothing. The kind where the entire world makes sense via the collective unconscious and so do world religions.

The propogation of memes and subsequent destruction of them which is necessary for human ascension.

It was a pretty nice trip but I don't feel any different today than I normally do.. maybe even a little depressed.

My only disappointances with the drug are that its very hard to stay "on tangent" when you start thinking about important thoughts... and smoking = bad for you.... but for real, for all the whacked out hippies that say marijuana is God... or it can get you to God.... that show it reverence, etc...... I think they are right. This drug being illegal is a sacrilege... if nothing else it is a valuable tool in temporary ego dilation.... useful for navigating the sub/unconscious and perhaps if it exists, the collective unconscious.

at some points I was having a "bad trip" (due to listening to disk 2 of mellon collie and the infinite sadness) and had to semi-encounter fears (and the early childhood experiences that caused them) the main staple in getting through, other than knowing that I had to at least in a minimal degree.... was that I told myself "these are things you USED to be afraid of... if you're viewing the past, and it already happened, it shouldn't scare you anymore"

but there is a huge portion of hell to be uncovered when you tinker with "heaven" (not what i'd call heaven because it all seems kind of like an ego trap... like the proper thing to do on pot would be proper meditation where you have visions but you don't let them carry you away, you are mainly concerned with generating peace rather than enjoying/hating visions)

So if I've had major revelations about things, why do I still feel the same... do they take time to slip up and integrate? Or is enlightenment from drug use a tantalizing lie?

i could also really use some perspective on what does and does not constitute appropriate use.

i mean i did it 3 times last night..... which is okay since it was my first time back with mary in a while.... but now i'm thinking i shouldn't do it (in recreational doses at least, if i needed it for nausea perhaps) at least until a few more days pass.... because i kind of feel guilty thinking about doing it again just to be in a cool state of mind for a while.... and its not healthy for me per se....

i also feel like i learned just about everything i could in that trip, that any more info would fry my brain or something... of course it doesn't feel "complete" there is a lot of "shadow work" to do with darker parts of myself, but the tangent that trip was primarily on seems "done" for now......

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/30/05 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: leery11]
    #4355734 - 06/30/05 02:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

this comming from the guy that said he wasnt sure if he could trip or not im not so sure you should because if your haveing bad trips on pot then shrooms are ganna kick your ass. I know for me at least that mary jane is nothing like shrooms and i cant imagine having a bad trip on pot.
for me haveing a bad trip on pot would be like being scared in real life but having a bad trip on shrooms is like every emotion you could possibly have is scary and your suroundings are scary as well not so much as demons pop out or anything but they just get very uncomforable.

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: lkfity315]
    #4355792 - 06/30/05 02:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

pot's not about just feeling scared, it's pretty much like you just said about shrooms..... it starts with a bad thought and then the hallucinations (OEVs in the dark) take hold to a degree and everything kind of "Merges" into the thought and follows its course.

but i view it as natural and normal and necessary.

it wasn't a bad trip in that it fucked me up, it was a "bad trip" in that for about 15-30 minutes (possibly an hour) i had to face things that i am routinely used to hiding from. the context of the entire trip was positive/neutral.

it didn't make me "freak out" or anything it was just unpleasant to deal with.... i was laughing like a maniac at some of the scarier things when they'd "break" ..... like seeking fun by bungee jumping while afraid of heights or something.

and yeah i don't know if i'm ready for a more psychedelic trip than this.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (06/30/05 02:45 PM)

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

#4356390 - 06/30/05 05:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would continue with pot but be open to the mushroom. Pot can cause paranoia just as easily as a bad trip can occur with mushrooms. If you are considering shrooms just go with a very low dose. It sounds like you have had some very intense experiences on pot alone, which I would say makes you lucky (or more so than the average pot head). Good or bad you are learning about life, drugs is just one facet of the learning. You should probably take a short break and perhaps a more "clear" picture will emerge the next time you get high. Good luck!

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4357445 - 06/30/05 10:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

are you serious cause i couldnt imagine haveing a bad trip on pot i dont see how it is even possible

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

#4357467 - 06/30/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

much less trip at all

--------------------
Timothy Leary

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4357504 - 06/30/05 11:05 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

lkfity315 said:
much less trip at all

oh it's very possible. i was one of those people who never believed anyone when they said they were tripping by smoking pot. i thought they were just crazy or exaggerating about how high they were. then it happened to me. i started tripping off pot pretty frequently after one of my mushrooms trips. it was an incredibly visual mushroom trip, now whenever i smoke a blunt, or when i smoke a bowl of really good weed, i'll get tons of visuals and a kind of tripping mindset, moreso with the more i smoke. wait till you trip on shrooms a few more times, you'll probably get to see what i mean.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4357518 - 06/30/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

definitely. I smoked for years but only recently used mushrooms. Big big difference in the level of how I feel stoned. Then again I can kind of trip out sober too, probably just some temporary or permanent alterations in brain chemistry that allow it or perhaps it is always possible, you just need to learn how....

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4357552 - 06/30/05 11:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ya ever since My first and only mush trip a few months ago I have deffinitly been tripping on pot. Even when I smoke a bowl of regs I Have slight OEV in the dark. Weed sorta turned into a spirtual drug rather then a relaxer. I used to love video games and false stuff like that when high but now I find it sorta repulsive. I like just sitting and thinking pretty much.

OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: Tangerines]
    #4357740 - 07/01/05 12:07 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i come close to tripping on weed. last night, i picked up a half and havent smoked in like 2 weeks. this was homegrown stuff, my first time smoking it. one rip sent me flying. my mom came in my room about a hour after, and i was drinking a water bottle but had it up to my mouth for what seemed liked hours :frown: very trippy/spacey indeed. mind was racing, intense body buzz.

i think working on a new track and basically tripping myself out had something to do with it :sun:

OfflinePreparationH
apply daily

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: pH_]
    #4357776 - 07/01/05 12:15 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've never tripped off of weed but i think i came pretty damn close the other night, i smoked and i swore to god i was hearin shit upstairs i kept going up to check, nothing, i heard shit for a half hour and i thought i was going nuts.

OfflineChaos_ult
Stranger
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: PreparationH]
    #4357851 - 07/01/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I can say that i've "tripped" on marijuana a couple times. First was on accident (wasn't trying), second (a few days ago) I layed down on my bed, turned on some music, put on an eyeshade, and stared at the backs of my eyelids for about 35 minutes. Got some nice CEV's, awesome thoughts, and it was generally a great time. I reccomend this method to everyone who has not tried it!

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: Chaos_ult]
    #4358251 - 07/01/05 02:16 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

not everyone needs pot, or mushrooms, or even acid to trip. some people (a very few) are tripping right now even though they are not under the influence of any drug. most have HPPD, the trip never really leaves them. others have "flashbacks", you trip just as if you ingested a hallucinogen, but not for very long, hence: flashback. i'm not one of those people :frown:

but i have tripped off weed 2 times :laugh:

the first was when i was fairly new to marijuana, had only a little tolerance. it was a giant blunt of some bad-ass dank a friend of my dads had been straining for many years. it lasted for a long time (both the blunt and the high), laughing at the donut counter, good times.

the second was about six months ago, smoked a bunch of hash (1/2g to myself) and about 3 joints (with 2 other people) all about .8g's, all made from buds coming from the same guy, only a little different strain, not as skunky and a little peppery, but still very skunky :laugh: i made the hash with 99%iso alcohol using the quick wash method. i got about .5g's of awesome, blond, hard, potent hash from about 4g's of that bud, about 2g's of some middies, and about 3g's of stems. very much like dry hash, the only way to make hash with alcohol, not too sticky or soft, very golden on the inside, black on the outside :thumbup: but my trip didn't last as long as the first (pesky tolerance). it was only for a few seconds, i realized i was tripping (everything looked like i was tripping, slowly waving, distant, very spaced out sounds) enjoyed it for a second, announced that i was tripping, then came down a little (or up a little? lol) and laughed my ass off.

no spiritual aspect from weed for me, though i can't remember my first very well, it was a HEAVY indica trip, very slow. the second was a bit more sativa and very clearheaded, only short lived. i want to spend more time past the "extremely stoned" mark where your unconscious easily expands, but i don't have the $$$ right now :frown: oh well, our lessons will all be learned eventually.

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #4358446 - 07/01/05 03:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
Quote:

lkfity315 said:
much less trip at all

oh it's very possible. i was one of those people who never believed anyone when they said they were tripping by smoking pot. i thought they were just crazy or exaggerating about how high they were. then it happened to me. i started tripping off pot pretty frequently after one of my mushrooms trips. it was an incredibly visual mushroom trip, now whenever i smoke a blunt, or when i smoke a bowl of really good weed, i'll get tons of visuals and a kind of tripping mindset, moreso with the more i smoke. wait till you trip on shrooms a few more times, you'll probably get to see what i mean.

Hell yeah man! I know exactly what your talking about. exact same thing for me! It's so tight! But it is also cause i had to quit for a month to pass a drug test so my system was completely clean and I'm a lightweight now, but you can deffinetly trip off weed. I've never tripped like this dude though.

--------------------

OfflineSO0PA_HER0
17th leveldrunken ninjamaster
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: RobMarley420]
    #4367271 - 07/03/05 07:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

one time i didnt smoke pot for like a month . and then i got some dank ass kbs . whoooooo ! i was having trails and shit. .. (but ive eaten alot of sid so that was prolly playing a role)

--------------------
I?m figuring out this realization process-the process to never look upon bitter ground.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: SO0PA_HER0]
    #4370136 - 07/04/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"i made the hash with 99%iso alcohol using the quick wash method. i got about .5g's of awesome, blond, hard, potent hash from about 4g's of that bud, "

wtf i used nearly a half oz of shake once and didn't even get .01gs of hash probably, i had a tiny little thing the size of about maybe a pez candy that i managed to salvage, and it got me kinda high.... it lasted 3-4 tokes ..... but.... i was worried it was poisoning me since it wasn't hard or "dry" per se.

anyway.... so .... i took like 4-5 bong hits a while ago and saw something really fucked up... or should i say became something really fucked up.

i'm the kind of person that can't sleep on pot, rather i just drift in and out, but i needed to get to bed early to reset my sleep schedule so i was hoping mary would be kind to me.

well.... it was fine tripping (i'm always real uncomfortable on pot though, get twitches and kinky joint feelings if i sit still or lie down..... ) and then after i drifted out of it about 4-5 times i'd get some myoclonic jerks (spasms due to not falling asleep all the way, everyone gets them, most don't notice) and these jerks really always fuck up the pot episode and take it "near mental" as in... near fully dissociative while they last (which is about half a second)... well....

first of all i felt like these little "strands" inside me like "stabbing me" ... i'm hoping i don't have pinched nerves or something and the pot is showing me that..... then i felt like i was enveloped in "webs" of "energy" like I read about people on acid sometimes... I think I was feeling my circulatory system, however messed up that sounds... it faded away.

then i was focusing on the root chakra and envisioning the color red..... bad mistake.....

man i never ever knew how fucking evil of a color red really is..... i went into this "animal berserky frenzy state of mind" and it was just.... indescribable.... the only thing I can liken it to is I imagine (looking back on it) about 20 baboons going nuts, completely enclosed in nothing but pure freaked out killing frenzy red....

but what I saw was like.... some red at the "top" (of me?) and black towards the bottom, it was sort of contoured and striped.... and it was like I *tuned in* to what it's like to be an animal.... an animal freaking balls the fuck out at least.

it was just insane, i quickly left and forced myself to not go back and to think about other colors.

i guess if i work on the root chakra i need to visualize something other than a bright vibrant ominous red.

so yeah i dont' know if i'll try any other drugs that soon, i've got a lot of stuff on my mind to work through and pot is pretty good i guess.

and i wasn't about to do shrooms, i was about to do salvia and morning glory's, and maybe a 2nd plateau dxm dose. (not all at once of course)

i'm looking for a new fun high that isn't "overwhelming" with elements of tripping....

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (07/04/05 06:25 PM)

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
    #4370489 - 07/04/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

When I first started smoking, I had hallucinations.
Then I smoked almost everyday for almost two years before I ever took shrooms, and it felt like the first time I smoked, except amplified a couple times. Tolerance to the 'understanding' and 'mysticalness' of pot build up quick.

Of course....I do still hear/see some things when I have enough cash for some primo primo buds. Those are good times.

--------------------
:mallow:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4372035 - 07/05/05 11:39 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well i took a 3 day break but my first "smoke" back up didn't really do much to me at all.

tolerance to this drug is very strange and doesn't seem to follow any solid rules.

--------------------

OfflineHarryFlashmanVC
That BeastlyFlashy

Loc: Suffolk, England
    #4372358 - 07/05/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You can most definately trip on puff. Its different but its a trip no doubt.

Often used to when I first smoked, we'd often hit 8+ 3litre buckets (gravity bong).

Also when I made my girlfriend a cup of hash coffee and put 1/14 in it she tripped, believe it!

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: HarryFlashmanVC]
    #4372701 - 07/05/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've tripped on pot. and like leery11 was sayin bout the enlightenment bit. I know what you're talkin about. it's almost depressing knowin you can't integrate the "revelations" into everyday life. What I've found as interesting though is it does it on it's own and you'll eventually notice it doing just that.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: Cowgold]
    #4374385 - 07/06/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I did have some trip like things going on during one weed high... but it was brownies. And man, they were good brownies.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlinebud is love
Stranger

#11348598 - 10/29/09 09:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I trip on weed every time i smoke eversince i started i guess its just my brain chemistry. I get the usual music sounding amazing,laughing, but i al so get brightning of colors and patterns apearing more visible but basically evereything looks like its in HD, the best evvect is looking at something for more than a second and it getting wavy. note i have not ever done anything exept weed

Offlineemeraldlife88
Emerald

Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: bud is love]
    #11348849 - 10/29/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I know what you mean about the starring at something for prolonged periods of time. Things can do mad crazy stuff when you keep your eyes on them and watch their every move!

OfflineMorningrise
Electric Wizard
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: emeraldlife88]
    #11348997 - 10/29/09 10:19 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I tripped on weed basically everytime for my first three months of regular smoking, due to very low tolerance and the fact that I spaced out my use (3 to 5 times a week) and didn't smoke much at a time (3 or 4 hits was enough to get me "tripping" off the weed for an equal amount of hours). Then after those first three months I started smoking more heavily and my tolerance increased and the highs became less magical.

Now after a summer of frequent, heavy use I've taken a break (started on Oct. 1st, so almost a month - the longest I've gone without weed since I started smoking regularily a year ago). I plan on going another week or two without and then starting again (and going back to smoking like I used to in my first three months), so hopefully the highs will regain the trippiness and magic they used to have.

And strangely enough, shrooms and LSD don't seem to have had any noticeable effect on my highs. Then again, I only first got ahold of shrooms in July and acid in September, and at that point I was high all the time so I had a too much tolerance for my weed highs to be really trippy or intense. So maybe the psychedelics' influence on the weed will be more noticeable after my break.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: Morningrise]
    #11349717 - 10/30/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I trip harder on cannabis than on any other drug. It totally fucks with my mind and cognition.

It used to not, hell I did it everyday for 3 years. But I stopped recently because I can't do anything when I'm high, I'm just totally tripped out and can't concentrate on anything. It used to do exactly the opposite too..

It's an extremely creative state of mind, but my memory disappears so it's kinda useless.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineSeizureshake
cloud crusades.
Male

Loc: N.J.
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: tempingasashaman]
    #16449826 - 06/28/12 08:20 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly thought that I was the only one who experienced this whenever smoking cannabis. It's almost EVERY time that I smoke weed that I have these incredible, mind-opening experiences; far deeper than just "getting high." From imagined scenarios and SHAPES symbolizing old memories that I had forgotten, to repeated\broken-turntable thoughts that transform completely scatterbrained randomness into introspective significance with pure meaning. I feel that people doubt the marijuana experience far too much.

Edited by Seizureshake (06/28/12 08:21 AM)

Offline46 and 2
Zen Masta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: Seizureshake]
    #16450064 - 06/28/12 09:40 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I get that when I vape some real good bud. I even see subtle geometric patterns when I close my eyes.

--------------------
Even if it seems certain that you will lose, retaliate. Neither wisdom or technique has a place in this. A real man does not think of victory or defeat. He plunges recklessly towards an irrational death. By doing this, you will awaken from your dreams. - Tsunetomo Yamamoto

InvisibleBill_Oreilly
ANIMALS (the RAINBOW SERPENT)

Loc: Boston
Re: Marijuana Tripping [Re: 46 and 2]
    #16450071 - 06/28/12 09:42 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I used to trip so hard off weed when i was 15. I would unleash this inner burning God-soul inside me in my basement after smoking ghetto-bong loads of mids :thumbup:

--------------------
Something there is mysteriously formed,
Existing before Heaven and Earth,
Silent, still, standing alone, unchanging,
All-pervading, unfailing,
I do not know its name; I call it tao.
If forced to give it a name, I call it
Great (ta). Being great, it flows out;
Flowing out means far-reaching;
Being far-reaching, it is said to return.

It's just a shot away..

OfflineAbsent Minded
 User Gallery

Loc: Way Down South Flag
    #16450287 - 06/28/12 10:23 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nightkrawler said:
Quote:

lkfity315 said:
much less trip at all

this. Before I landed myself on probation, smoking while taking lucy definitely "set it off" in a way, and for a good week or so afterwards, any time I smoked I would get the very same thing - tripping mindset, and just kinda feels very acid-esque. Good stuff.

--------------------

Beats
More Beats

sheekle: fuck peace love and unity
sheekle: death despair and misery
sheekle: is where it's at

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract