Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: niteowl]
    #4359028 - 07/01/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Although not technically legal here in Holland, it might as well be, and it works extremely well. There are "coffeeshops" in almost every town where you can buy weed, pre-rolled joints and space cakes, and despite this, there are relatively less people here in Holland who smoke weed than there are in many countries where weed is illegal, including North America.

So legalise weed, and usage will fall, better use of tax money will be made, innocent people will not be arrested and you can be sure that what you're getting is quality stuff.

Seems like legalisation is a win-win situation to me. It's a shame that some governments are too stubborn to admit when they're wrong and make necessary changes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: TurricaN]
    #4359659 - 07/01/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

according to the history channel, the only reason weed is illegal in the first place was because the mexicans/black people were either selling it or on it.

InvisibleMasonsChild
Fellow Traveler>^..^<

Loc: Upper Midwest
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: chaospilot]
    #4359841 - 07/01/05 02:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Legalization will cause pollen to seed out most outdoor crops, we would have to grow all the good stuff indoors in the winter, with hepa filters to get seedless nugs. That's the only reason I am against it. But I could deal with the seeds if my backyard is full of plants.

--------------------
Truckin' ain't for Sally's

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4360756 - 07/01/05 06:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

theres no reason why it should be illegal, there are plenty of things worse than weed that are legal like alcohol and cigs... its retarded, and its illegal because of greedy corporations and politicians, there would be alot of companies that would either go out of business of forfeit alot of profits if weed and hemp were legal, you can make anything out of it, cloth, rope, paper, clothing,and not to mention all of the medical qualities it has, and i think i read something once about how someone was working on making a type of plastic with it and that pissed dupont off because it would be just as good as teflon but cheaper(if anyone else knows about this pm me, id like to read more about it). the original declaration of independence was written on hemp for christ sake, if the documents that forged this nation into history were made from it i dont see what the problem is.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: MasonsChild]
    #4361096 - 07/01/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MasonsChild said:
Legalization will cause pollen to seed out most outdoor crops, we would have to grow all the good stuff indoors in the winter, with hepa filters to get seedless nugs.

:rolleyes:
The majority of weed sold today, is grown outside, in big fields in Mexico.

The good seedless weed your getting is already grown indoors.

Legalising weed wont change anything about the weed itself, just the consequences of your having it.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #4389094 - 07/10/05 03:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think it should stay illegal so people will still be able to make lots of money growing and selling it.

It contributes alot to the underground economy.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: gdman]
    #4389407 - 07/10/05 09:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

gdman said:
Simple, you can grow your own pot.

^^^^Problem solved.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlineweedmaster22
Stranger
    #4392564 - 07/11/05 01:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You are really stupid b/c, if weed was legal then all the people in jail would be let out for drug use, save millions of dollars per year and have more money to support the enviornment and society, i mean yah i think everyone wants weed legal and you think that if it is then you would never be sober, the individuals that smoke it would have enough sense to smoke it only once a day or something like that...

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4395778 - 07/12/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i would just grow my own if it was legal.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: baraka]
    #4396374 - 07/12/05 03:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If pot was legal I would go spend about $1000 and by a pimp hydroponics set up and grow shit in my closet. And in my back yard, and in my neighbors back yard  :cool:

I wouldn't add any chemical bullshit either and I wouldn't smoke 20x a day. No matter if they put addicting shit in it or not. If I can quit tobacco and cocain, I'm not worried about what corperations put in pot (IF it were legal).

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

OfflineAnimitasenthe
CubiePoacher
Loc: Acadian coast
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: Sycronica]
    #4397202 - 07/12/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

these are very good points indeed. Perhaps if they were to legalize only growing and possesion, not distribution. Then those truly interested to have their habit would:
(A) Be able to make their own crop detering corperate additives
(B) rid yourself of price gouging since you would never have to use a dealer if you were serious enough to supply yourself
(C) deter criminal activity and drug flows as selling would be a no-no
(D) create revenue from the growing taxes enacted behind the authorization of personal production.

of course there are downsides to this like the fact that it is unrealistic for everyone who wanted to smoke grew,and the whole slew of new judgments and laws to pass after the fact.

but it would be so prevalant that barter, trade or selling would be hard to enforce the illegality of if everybody who could smoke freely, did.

this route is not as lucritive to big brother as say giving sales rights to the corporations.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #4404981 - 07/14/05 05:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

wtf is this corporate additive parnoia? Then you just go for an organic or natural corporate product like you can do with ciggarettes; American Spirit for example.

--------------------
futuretribe.space

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: cybrbeast]
    #4455820 - 07/26/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mary jane being illegal drives the street price up, amount of money needed for correctional facilities increases, more money is then laundered through the stock market, which causes our economy to boom. They will never legalize.

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

Edited by Cowgold (07/26/05 01:51 PM)

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4457695 - 07/26/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If weed is legalized, then I can grow my own plants, make cannibutter and eat instead of smoke. It's healthy this way.

If weed is legalized, dealers would have to sell other drugs. they wouldn't make any profit. besides, who would buy from a dealer if they can grow their own. It is uncertain what it would do to the black market.

If weed is legalized, we can do research. for example, finding an efficient way to get the oil out of the hemp seeds would be a great idea. we know that the hemp oil would burn at a higher octane than the gas we use, plus it's cleaner on the air.

If weed is legalized there could be a possibility of the government taking advantage. Then again, isn't the US government benefiting on marijuana being illegal?

with any decision you are going to have weigh the good with the bad. Personally I believe it wouldn't be good for the people to have an unjust law, throwing people into prison for "crimes against themselves," making profit off of the prisoners, and not making the United States any more democratic.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineLipaYai5
Fuzzy

Loc: Mamunia... whoaaooo.
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4486142 - 08/02/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trainwreck said:
Yeah I agree. In a perfect world people would be responsible enough to have weed legalized, yet not go bonkers with it. Everyone would be getting high just about all day though. Most of society would become quite lazy and productivity would fall greatly around the country.

Alright, If you were told since the day you first LEARNED about marijuana and it's effects, that it makes people happier and more motivated to do things, and if you really had no other opinion but to believe it, I think you wouldn't even be affected by the laziness that it supposedly causes. Everyone knows that's a stoner STEREOTYPE. Laziness has been with me ever since I was just in grade school, and I never smoked pot back then.

There are LOTS of highly productive people who cherish and use the Herb, but most of them respect it and know that it doesn't HAVE to make them lazy.

Misinformation is the BANE of this forum!

*GRIN* -LY5

--------------------
www.livephish.com
[url = www.absinthesupply.com]
[url = www.sugarmegs.org]
url = www.ebaumsworld.com
= www.rpwebworks.com

"Never fail to stand up for what you believe in, there will always be  someone else who believes in something else."-Me :smirk:
To contact me via MSN messenger, guess my f^$ing contact name... you phsychic.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck