Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

why we shouldnt legalise weed
    #4355477 - 06/30/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to keep this short(ish) and sweet.

i do not believe we should legalize marijuana. Don't get me wrong, at first it sounds like a god send, it would be fucking awesome if weed was legal, and you could buy it from a drug store or your local quicky mart rather then having to deal with drug dealers and so on, but that will not be the case....

smoking pot is awesome, i love it, but i only do it once or twice a month. I like the experience with pot, but i also like being normal, and not being high. I fear that if pot was legalized, then big corporations will then start adding other shit in it, to get you addicted. Pot can already get you mentally addicted, but imagine if you needed pot, like someone needed his cigarettes. I think that would suck, mainly because since it would be legal, it would be hard to find it without any other added in chemicals besides what is naturally in it, and there wouldn't be drug dealers dealing it, since it would be legal. When is the last time you saw someone selling tobacco on the street?

If it were legal, then the big corporations will make it so you want it, 3, 4 ,5 times a day, a pack of weed a day, you will never be sober.... and that would be hell, and would completely ruin marijuana.

I think that they should make it where if your caught with it, then you get it taken away from you or something, but that's it. No jail time, but then also you cant sell it in stores either, to make it so big corporations cant do shit....

hope this is in the right board, if not will a mod move it to the correct one for me? thanks

discuss

EDIT

I realise this should be in the politics section, if a mod could move it, that would be nice :smile:

Edited by chaospilot (06/30/05 03:28 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: chaospilot]
    #4355510 - 06/30/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

that is a legitimate concern, but I don't think that it would happen like that. I'm sure that big corporations would exploit the shit out of it, but most people like BUDS. It's easy to add chemicals to tobacco because they grind it up into small bits and then add the chems. It wouldn't be so easy to do that to buds and keep them intact.

Also, I think that it would be marketed like beer, not cigarettes. Only stoners would want to smoke all day every day.

also, weed is much easier for individuals to grow than tobacco. I think that you would see a huge rise in small scale production and mom/pop type businesses.

I think that the offhand possibility of corporate devils desecrating cannabis is no reason to keep it illegal or even to be satisfied with mere decriminalization.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4355512 - 06/30/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Simple, you can grow your own pot.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
    #4355513 - 06/30/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

that is true but if it were legal then you could grow your own, without any added chemicals, and there would still be drug dealers, they just wouldnt be able to rape you like they do now, they would have to sell it for cheaper than the corporations do, havent you ever seen people selling cigs in the ghetto?? i completely disagree with you, i think that it should be legalized because then the gov. wouldnt be spending so much of OUR money to arrest us for stupid shit. if weed were legal they could concentrate on the real problems of america instead of fighting an expensive, futile war that will never end.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4355514 - 06/30/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I agree. In a perfect world people would be responsible enough to have weed legalized, yet not go bonkers with it. Everyone would be getting high just about all day though. Most of society would become quite lazy and productivity would fall greatly around the country.

Hell the whole damn world might go to shit. That's a main reason it won't ever be legal. I actually like it more being illegal, it's not like it's hard to find, and I smoke it daily anyways. I still live a perfectly normal life, and hold a steady job. I've never been arrested for it or anything like that. The fact that it's illegal isn't going to stop anybody from getting high when they want to do so.

Legal or illegal, it really doesn't make much difference to me. I'll still be smoking. Regardless of the law :stoned:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4355543 - 06/30/05 03:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

what about the ones like me that have been arrested??? its no fun for us, and you wouldnt say that if you had been arrested, there is nothing worse than being lumped into a group of criminals for smoking something that is natural.... why not arrest ppl for drinking coffee?? energy drinks? how about we just outlaw EVERYTHING that is natural that changes your mindset? 95% of this fucking country would be in jail, including the scumsucking republicans.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4355575 - 06/30/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

leftysuprise, thats why i want it so its like if you get caught with it, they just take it away and say "dont do it again" or some bs. Jail time for weed is like getting jail time for waking it in my oppinion. They're both natural...

And if it were legal i doubt you could grow your own. They would probaly make it where you need a special permit which is hard to get to grow your own, like tobacco....

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4355586 - 06/30/05 03:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quiet hippie :wink:

I don't understand how you get arrested smoking weed. Do you walk down a city street hitting the bong? I smoke in the privacy of my own home, and get my weed delivered to my front door. So there's a very little chance of any cops catching on.

Be more careful, it's not hard.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4355602 - 06/30/05 03:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

well unfortunately cops in my town are complete DICKS and they think every kid is on some sort of drug, and not everyone can sit at home and wait for the sticky, some of us have to take it from one place to another or there wouldnt be any for you, and i am careful, i was riding in a friends car, he got pulled over because the cop said he didnt use his blinker... which he did, and automatically the cop asked us to get out of the car and searched. luckily i hadnt turned 18 yet, but its times like that that people cant help... that dickhead decided to search us just because we "looked" like we might have had pot. unfortunately i did.

and i wasnt smoking, i was sober, just transporting it home from someone else. no weed smell for miles.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Edited by LeftyBurnz (06/30/05 03:59 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4355608 - 06/30/05 04:01 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

its bullshit because just an hour south its a slap on the wrist and a fine for getting caught with less than 3/4 of an ounce, i got caught with a motherfuckin 1/8 of crippy and i had to go to probation for a year, stupid N/A meetings and WEEKLY drug tests.... had i been 18 they would have taken me to jail right then.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

#4355612 - 06/30/05 04:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i was watching cops, and i found out something very interesting :

It is only illegal to HAVE POT ON YOU. If you are under the influence of it and dont have anything on you, they cannot do anything to you... at least thats what the cop said...

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4355625 - 06/30/05 04:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

unless you admit it, then its public intoxication.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlinechaospilot
Ming I

#4355629 - 06/30/05 04:07 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

but isnt public intoxication alot better then getting caught with the actual drug? if your in a real risky situation you can bust a super troopers: eat a whole bag of weed, and half a bag of shrooms....that is to say if you have it on you...

Edited by chaospilot (06/30/05 04:07 PM)

Offlineunearth
Stranger
    #4355632 - 06/30/05 04:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

or could grow your own,simple as that and in cigaretts they dont meant to put nicotine and im sure you could still buy it just the way it is

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: unearth]
    #4355641 - 06/30/05 04:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

lol... definately, but the point of that was... DONT TELL THEM, deny deny deny, oh i have underactive tear ducts officer, im not stoned. oh and btw i like your ID trainwreck, i have a similar saying, religion is a crutch for those who cant handle reality.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlineunearth
Stranger
    #4355643 - 06/30/05 04:12 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leftysurprise said:
well unfortunately cops in my town are complete DICKS and they think every kid is on some sort of drug, and not everyone can sit at home and wait for the sticky, some of us have to take it from one place to another or there wouldnt be any for you, and i am careful, i was riding in a friends car, he got pulled over because the cop said he didnt use his blinker... which he did, and automatically the cop asked us to get out of the car and searched. luckily i hadnt turned 18 yet, but its times like that that people cant help... that dickhead decided to search us just because we "looked" like we might have had pot. unfortunately i did.

and i wasnt smoking, i was sober, just transporting it home from someone else. no weed smell for miles.

they need a warrant to search you though,they just cant go to random people and search you

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: unearth]
    #4355650 - 06/30/05 04:14 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i know that now..... didnt then, wish i did.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
    #4355863 - 06/30/05 04:53 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

leftysurprise, did the cop ask you to get out of the car, or tell you? if he asked to search you (in any casual sort of way i'm sure) and you gave him permission, or rather led him to believe you gave him permission, then it was a legal search.

but i think if weed were legal, it would be more like alcohol: legal to buy, carry, use (responsibly); illegal to make (grow), sell without a license. it would still get fucked with (corporations adding chems) but the weed that did would be like the cheap beer people only buy b/c it's cheap. there would be a shitload of hippies selling good, organic buds. multiple strains would be readily available.

chaospilot, that sort of thing is most often a local ordinance type of thing.

--------------------
if i'm just a stoned stoner, sayin some stoned ass shit, please correct me :smile:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: why we shouldnt legalise weed [Re: chubbycharley]
    #4355984 - 06/30/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

no i now know that i could have avoided the whole thing, he took advantage of the fact that i was young and undereducated on my freedoms as an american, technically he did as but he said it very sternly making it sound like a demand, he said "would you please step out of the car" i guess thats a question but at the same time it didnt sound like one so yeah it was my fault but its still fucking rediculous that cops do and get away with these things.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4356373 - 06/30/05 07:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Dude you just contradicted yourself.....

Quote:

Trainwreck said:
In a perfect world people would be responsible enough to have weed legalized, yet not go bonkers with it. Everyone would be getting high just about all day though. Most of society would become quite lazy and productivity would fall greatly around the country.

....then you had the gall to say this.....

Quote:

I smoke it daily anyways. I still live a perfectly normal life, and hold a steady job. I've never been arrested for it or anything like that.

Every pot head I know has a steady job.

You have been brainwashed by the media.

Nothing bad will happen if they legalize weed.
Look at Holland :shrug:

Quote:

The fact that it's illegal isn't going to stop anybody from getting high when they want to do so.

No it won't, so why make criminals out of the people who do smoke?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Scales

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform