Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Acne
    #4341307 - 06/27/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

if u have acne and nothing works you could try this;

use proactiv cleanser in the morning and night

make a foam face wash by getting one of those foaming soap bottles and mix in some 10% benzoyl peroxide , [ care ful it bleaches clothes and hair ]  use as neeeded at least once at night

use that as need and use the 10 % b.p gel u got to make the foam wash at night as needed and leave on all night [ use as sparingly as poss]

get some  :sun: as much as possible
...ymmv...  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Acne [Re: fresh313]
    #4341323 - 06/27/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Or you could just go to a doctor and get prescription medication. Prescription medication works better than most normal ones, sometimes far better.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Acne [Re: Ravus]
    #4342091 - 06/27/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

to be honest dude,that dosen't always work....

when i was a younger i tried proactiv,murad..many others including percrips.accutane(the hardest of all) still didn't work...

some people don't respond to anything....

my acne wasn't terrible,but it was innoying as hell...so i just learned to live with it...

it's been basically gone for a few years now...

--------------------

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Acne [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4344359 - 06/27/05 06:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Rx medicine does not work better, the only good one i found was ;
differin (r) [ adapalene i beleive ] gel.

OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
    #4344441 - 06/27/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Doxycyline really helps keep the bacteria in check , way better than anything you can buy at the store to wash your face with.

I still get a few now and then , but retin-a micro takes care of those.

--------------------

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Acne [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4345088 - 06/27/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

did you try antibiotics?

no creme would ever work for me, then i got antibiotic pills that you use if youre anticipating a breakout or get one, and it goes away like right away.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Acne [Re: vampirism]
    #4345361 - 06/27/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I was on them when I was a teenager. My acne wasn't that bad, but annoying enough to the point that I wanted it to go away and the over-the-counter stuff wasn't doing that.

I tried tetracycline, which was antibiotic pills, and clindamycin, which was a cream. Tetracycline worked rather well with all the noticeable stuff, though it wasn't perfect, still very effective.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4345547 - 06/28/05 12:33 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Acne.org
They have good forums and solutions to acne that do not involve a visit to the dermatologist. I had very bad acne as a teenager and with the instruction on that website I was able to completely clear my skin. You can buy all of the items at your local drug store and it is actually more effective than prescription meds. I had gone to multiple dermatologists and have nothing good to say about them. Not to mention the outrageous cost of the prescriptions unless you have damn good health insurance.

I shit you not. I have been using the system on that website for a couple years now and I am still currently using it and my skin is perfect.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4345585 - 06/28/05 12:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

accutane is still very dodgy, i would only recommend it if you have tried everything else and you have serious acne which is effecting you socially.

i used it for 2 months and stopped because I couldn't handle the dryness it caused (started to get deep painful cracks in my upper chin) I would never touch such a drug these days.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Acne [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4345633 - 06/28/05 12:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I started reading that website, and within the first couple sentences found them wrong as they said the active ingredient in Oxy is benzoyl peroxide. Everyone knows it's salicylic acid.

Interesting though, I'll overlook it and continue reading. It seems to be basic, just gentle cleansing and benzoyl peroxide? Perhaps...

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4354691 - 06/30/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

I started reading that website, and within the first couple sentences found them wrong as they said the active ingredient in Oxy is benzoyl peroxide. Everyone knows it's salicylic acid.

Actually the main ingredient in oxy is benzoyl peroxide. The website is no doubt referring to the oxy cream and not the pads. Benzoyl peroxide is more effective against acne than any prescription med, aside from those that use BP in their formula. BP works, but only if you have it on your face at all times. Most people do not want to go out with it on their face during the day so they only use it at night. This is why BP becomes ineffective for them. As part of the regimen you also use a gentle cleanser and put on a non-comedogenic moisturizer over the BP. This keeps your skin from becoming too dry or irritated. Really it is the same as the proactive system, but all of the supplies can be found at the local drug store which saves you time and money. You don't have to take my word for it though. There are forums on that site with thousands of happy users.

--------------------

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #4354804 - 06/30/05 09:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

Interesting though, I'll overlook it and continue reading. It seems to be basic, just gentle cleansing and benzoyl peroxide? Perhaps...

Incorrerct it is benzoil peroxide. For atleast thier red bottle face wash and there little toob topical cream. They may makesome stuff with salacylic acid. Back in highschool i had some acne problems. It was never really bad but i always had some that wouldnt go away. Accutane completely took all acne away after all oither methods wheren ot working and it hasnt come back in like 3 years now. I recommend it... ask your doc

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineBirdonawire
Always inlearning mode.

Loc: PA.
    #4355166 - 06/30/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Which system are you talking about? I went on the forum..and was looking for it, but couold not find it. My nephew has really bad acne..and nothing seems to be helping him. I would love to direct him to a place that would be of some help.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Quote:

Actually the main ingredient in oxy is benzoyl peroxide. The website is no doubt referring to the oxy cream and not the pads. Benzoyl peroxide is more effective against acne than any prescription med, aside from those that use BP in their formula. BP works, but only if you have it on your face at all times. Most people do not want to go out with it on their face during the day so they only use it at night. This is why BP becomes ineffective for them. As part of the regimen you also use a gentle cleanser and put on a non-comedogenic moisturizer over the BP. This keeps your skin from becoming too dry or irritated. Really it is the same as the proactive system, but all of the supplies can be found at the local drug store which saves you time and money. You don't have to take my word for it though. There are forums on that site with thousands of happy users.

--------------------
Tail wagging happy.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Acne [Re: Birdonawire]
    #4355204 - 06/30/05 12:09 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Birdonawire said:

Which system are you talking about? I went on the forum..and was looking for it, but couold not find it. My nephew has really bad acne..and nothing seems to be helping him. I would love to direct him to a place that would be of some help.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

the regimen goes: wash face twice daily, and after each wash a generous application of (3% because 10% is very strong) benzoyl peroxide. this stuff prevents acne as well, its wonderful.

--------------------

OfflineBirdonawire
Always inlearning mode.

Re: Acne [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4355254 - 06/30/05 12:23 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Is there a link on that board..that takes you to the information on this?

If there is not...do you rinse your face off after you apple the solution?

Thanks again for your direction on this.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #4355255 - 06/30/05 12:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Mineral water, or mineral extract soap.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineBirdonawire
Always inlearning mode.

Re: Acne [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #4355302 - 06/30/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This also sounds good. More natural by all means.

I try to help my nephew with this..but some times he just does not listen. He is 16 and at that age. He has quit drinking allot of soft drinks...which was a smart move. I told him to drink more water...and drink juice instead of soda.

Quote:

LiquidSmoke said:
Mineral water, or mineral extract soap.

--------------------
Tail wagging happy.

OfflineBirdonawire
Always inlearning mode.

#4355329 - 06/30/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it's like the old saying...it is easier for family to listen to a complete stranger then to take the advice you give them.

I feel like a stranger in my own land... with my nephew at times.

I also told him if he sweats allot at night to change his pillow cases twice a week...because of the oils that build up in the pillow case.

When I was younger I had just a little trouble with acne...but not much. I would use a very warm wash cloth in the morning and also at night.
I would allow hot water to run on the wash cloth...and then apply it to my clean washed face..and let it on for about a minute. then I would rinse with cool water.

I feel so bad for him..because it is bad. My sister and I never had acne like this...and none of our side of the family did either.
His father's side does not have this probem either.

Some say it's a lack of zink in the body..and b-12 helps also.

--------------------
Tail wagging happy.

Edited by Birdonawire (06/30/05 12:43 PM)

OfflinePowerTrip
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4355640 - 06/30/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Birdonawire said:
Is there a link on that board..that takes you to the information on this?

If there is not...do you rinse your face off after you apple the solution?

Thanks again for your direction on this.

http://acne.org/regimen.html

That gives exact instructions and a list of supplies needed. If you want to save money on the BP, you can order it from the website for a cheap price. The tubes they sell at the drug store can cost up to $10 for a very small amount. To get rid of acne though, it is money well spent.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4357700 - 06/30/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The website is no doubt referring to the oxy cream and not the pads

Ah. I only know of the pads, which are the acid and not the peroxide. Is the cream over the counter?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale