Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGrypht
Faceless
Loc: Northwest US
Mushrooms and birth control pills? Do they mix?
    #4354509 - 06/30/05 08:57 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the concept of ingesting mushrooms and am still a bit unclear on some things. I still have yet to partake, but have taken a great interest in tripping and have been researching (on the Internet and out in nature) for many hours everyday for the past few days. I'm 21, live in the Pacific Northwest, and never thought of finding my own shrooms until a couple days ago. I've even ordered "Mushrooms Demystified: A Comprehensive Guide to the Fleshy Fungi" to educate myself in the hunting and identifying of psychedelic mushrooms so I can provide for myself.

Anyway, on to my question. My girlfriend shares a common interest in tripping and has been supporting my research and will be joining in the hunts and trips. We are both new and neither of us have taken a hallucinogen before (although, we have smoked weed). The only concern we have is that she is currently taking birth control pills and, since Penicillin and other drugs/anti-biotics can nullify or decrease "the pill"'s effectiveness, we're worried mushrooms could have the same effect (nullification). I'm not quite ready to be a dad!

If anyone out there has information on this topic that can help, please let me know! Thanks!  :mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Mushrooms and birth control pills? Do they mix? [Re: Grypht]
    #4354520 - 06/30/05 09:08 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I can see no reason why they would interact at all. Taking medication that "nullify" the pill is somewhat different to taking a natural hallucinogen. I do not have any evidence to suggest what i am saying is true, however logically i cannot fathom how it would have any interaction/negative effect on your girlfriend.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Mushrooms and birth control pills? Do they mix? [Re: Grypht]
    #4354751 - 06/30/05 11:18 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Although this question is slightly different, I think it might provide insite for you on this issue.

http://www.erowid.org/ask/ask.cgi?ID=2958

OfflineGrypht
Faceless
Loc: Northwest US
Re: Mushrooms and birth control pills? Do they mix? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4355433 - 06/30/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for the info! I didn't think there was anything to worry about, but my girl was rather concerned. I appreciate the help!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience