Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMrTootles
Stranger
Embracing the Moment (Trip Report)
    #4350788 - 06/29/05 03:42 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

So last night I went to a secluded camp ground with four other people; I knew one fairly well, but only sort of knew the other three. I was the only one with any experience (but not that much), but I knew they were all cool guys with firm heads on their shoulders, so I figured we could handle it.

One of them owns a bunch of property, and that's where the spot was, so we didn't have to worry about strange visitors. We made the half-mile hike and secured the tents, then I started making our dinner :smile:

I had each 1/8th divided in separate bags, but since we all wanted to only eat around half, I had to eyeball it. My personal stash was a little larger since I knew the source personally. On top of that, we divided another half between all five sandwiches. I'd estimate a final dosage of around 2gs (Cubes), which was more than I usually  had but I wanted some deep introspection...

And I got it.

The last time I tripped I had a bad time since I never relinquished control, so this time I was determined to just let myself go. I wanted to get into some personal issues (stuttering, anxiety, etc) and was prepared to take things as they came...

So we eat everything and start listening to Queen. We're all sitting in chairs around the portable stereo, with a noisy creek just behind us. After waiting a while "for the bus to come", one of the nearby trees starts to dance.

Needless to say, things got pretty chaotic. The spaces between branches turned into kaleidoscope (spelling?) like patterns, and the music would fade in and out, in and out. All of us were getting somewhat antsy, so we changed the music to something calmer: The Beatles.

"Revolver" was a damn cool album to listen to. This was the first time I tripped with people who were content with listening to music like this (most other friends want to be more active). This group was, however, talking a lot, and I tried to gently remind them to close their eyes. Finally one of them did, and for the next 2 hours, people hardly said anything.

In our minds we saw brilliant colors and gentle patterns. The sound of the music would reflect the mood of the song ("Yellow Submarine, for example, echoed as if we were in a real sub) and when I did occasionally open my eyes, I would see bright shards of color everywhere.

During all this I had to keep pushing "conscious" thoughts out of my head; my anxiety was starting to come back, but I didn't want to deal with it right then. Sooner or later I'd have to, but I'd never dream it would take on such a stupid form.

Anyway, we changed the CD to "Darkside of the Moon."

Wow. Just... Wow.

I've never listened to that album while tripping (I know, I know), and as soon as the first song started, I realized why it was so popular. Everything had a double meaning, and I don't remember seeing things as much as feeling them. It was all going pretty smoothly, and I think we were still coming up until "The Great Gig in the Sky."

Holy shit.

Toward the end of the song there's that part where the woman is singing in this amazing gospel/opera voice, and the sound she makes is absolutely incredible. Well, we're sitting there in the chairs, and occasionally a "Wow" or "Uh... Uh..." escapes my lips while this song is playing before I go completely silent because I thought I actually had an orgasm during this song.

I was in such a state of bliss that I forgot everything and could barely make a noise (who knows how many bugs flew into my  open mouth?). I kind of freaked out ("Do I need new pants? What the hell just happened?) and the reality check made me go down another path. All the sudden I snap out of it and can "taste" my teeth; it was like you'd been to the dentist and had a filling. I was like "uhm, was I just grinding my teeth during that whole thing?"

See, I have this thing about my teeth (one of my many quirks) and earlier in the day I had bitten my tongue, so my mind kept going back to this weird pressure and taste and I started using that as an excuse not to enjoy myself.

Soon we put on "Electric Ladyland", and while I felt dizzy and somewhat paranoid at points, my attention was firmly focused on my mouth. I kept thinking, "Dude, it's not real," but then I'd go, "Well, wait a second, if I lose control then I don't know what my body is doing."

Sooner or later I started asking myself why I felt this way, and why I always had to ruin potentially great experiences by making problems. Wow, was that ever a revelation. This was my journey during the whole album, and afterward we started coming down and put on some Zeppelin. We started talking around this point, but I spent a lot of time alone in a tent and thinking about stuff. My anxiety would come back on and off, but I knew I was onto something.

My conclusions during this time were:

I look for potential problems in everything.

I never "embrace the moment." The feeling during that song was something I'd like to experience again, which means I need to learn to let go.  I realized that a lot of life "happens" while I'm stressing out about stupid stuff.

I should trust my body; if I am in pain, or grinding my teeth, etc I would know because mushrooms does not make you lose control like that (AFAIK).

At one point I said, "man I just wasted a trip stressing about my teeth." Then I realized this mentality was what caused my anxiety. I'm thinking about the past or future and not the present. I made an analogy that life is a like a cliff; you walk around the edge all you want, but until you jump off, you can't experience incredible sensation of free-falling.

Erm.. yeah. Makes sense to me :smile:

(Edited for spelling)

Edited by MrTootles (06/29/05 03:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Embracing the Moment (Trip Report) [Re: MrTootles]
    #4350903 - 06/29/05 04:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

excellent report man. glad you had a good time.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

#4350992 - 06/29/05 04:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

the "on" and "off" is it breaking down....good job man...

yea watch out for random orgasms while tripping,haha...

i like your  analogy :thumbup:...

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4351347 - 06/29/05 05:57 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Spectacular trip report...I remember my reaction whenever I first listened to The Dark Side of the Moon on shrooms:  :whoa: :bow: :eyemouth: :biggrin:

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #4351597 - 06/29/05 06:54 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Next time. try headphones and this: TripMeister's Trip Tracks

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports