Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Dumb shit
    #4350535 - 06/29/05 12:34 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I just thought I would tell y'all about this dumb shit I just talked to. Here is how it went, I was over at my brothers house and he had one of his buddies over and he had told me this guy thought he knew everything about growing shrooms. He was asking my bro if he wanted to buy some hydro shrooms. I started acting like I didn't know anything about shrooms, and said so what are hydro shrooms? He said that they are shroom spores grown on a board that is floating in water and has psilocybin injected from syringes into the water and grow off that. He also said he combined 16 strains from all over the world to make one super strain. Has anyone ever heard someone so stupid before?

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Dumb shit [Re: ShroomKillabrew]
    #4350546 - 06/29/05 12:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus Christ please tell me you punked him! LMFAO. I would have really let him have it, so much so that he was backed into a corner and started crying. And then, for good measures I would pee on him. The world is full of STUPID people...

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Dumb shit [Re: thashaman]
    #4350555 - 06/29/05 12:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

mwuhahaha..... i woulda slapped him. would be awesome if it could be done that way though.,..... *drools* mmmmmmm superstrain...

--------------------

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
    #4350563 - 06/29/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

the super strain and the injecting psilocybin into the water would have sent me over the edge. the above posts are exactly what would have happened if i had heard that shit.next time you hear that shit...shut 'em down!

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dumb shit [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4350571 - 06/29/05 12:43 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

>Has anyone ever heard someone so stupid before?

Yes. Constantly. Probably 90% of the people that I've talked with about shrooms for more then 10-30 minutes say something stupid. I hear the most stupid shit at festivals though, and from people trying to sell shrooms anywhere.....

You cant really let these people have it, they think they're right and unless you can offer up some credibility, they'll never believe you. It annoys me how I try and correct people but it just starts an argument I can't win because I can't prove that I know what I'm talking about...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Dumb shit [Re: thenewguy05]
    #4350572 - 06/29/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Kill him.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4350575 - 06/29/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

other night, i dosed a few friends cause they had some people in from Frisco.

this kid that plays a mean banjo grabs one of the fruits before he shoves it in his mouth and says, "this is b+."
:what:
"what's that?" i ask.
"the strain," he replies.
:whatever:
"how can you tell?"
"well, i can just tell- by looking at the.... uh... you know, the diifferent characteristics of it."
"interesting," says I.

quite simply, it's best left at that.
:zoom:

edit: the strain was Texas

--------------------

Edited by psilocyben (06/29/05 12:45 PM)

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Re: Dumb shit [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4350577 - 06/29/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

{to the post above} : :rotfl:
  hey scat...slap 'em in the face with a copy of "the mushroom cultivator". 400 some odd pages to the face will set them str8.

OfflineShroomKillabrew
Grower dude
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
    #4350582 - 06/29/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would of loved to tell him he was the biggest dumbshit god ever created but I didnt want him to know I knew how to grow.

--------------------
Disclaimer: All my posts are purely for entertainment purposes only. Furthermore, I have NO idea what I am talking about for I have never even seen a mushroom. All picture's are taken from various sources on the internet.

ShroomKill-a-brew :beer:

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4350584 - 06/29/05 12:46 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Kill him to.

--------------------

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Offlinepsilocyben
bad guy

#4350591 - 06/29/05 12:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

thenewguy05 said:
scat...slap 'em in the face with a copy of "the mushroom cultivator". 400 some odd pages to the face will set them str8.

though it is prerequisite literature, and has the growth parameters/specs in it,
i really didn't find TMC too terribly applicable to The Apartment Cultivator.

------------------------

still probably disprove whatever nonsensical point it was that "they" were trying to make.

--------------------

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

Re: Dumb shit [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4350594 - 06/29/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
>Has anyone ever heard someone so stupid before?

Yes. Constantly. Probably 90% of the people that I've talked with about shrooms for more then 10-30 minutes say something stupid. I hear the most stupid shit at festivals though, and from people trying to sell shrooms anywhere.....

You cant really let these people have it, they think they're right and unless you can offer up some credibility, they'll never believe you. It annoys me how I try and correct people but it just starts an argument I can't win because I can't prove that I know what I'm talking about...

Scat, you should just start keeping pictures of your harvests and grows with you in your wallet or something, that way you can be like, "BOW BEFORE ME"...

Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Re: Dumb shit [Re: thremix]
    #4350602 - 06/29/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

personally i don't care who knows that i know how to grow...only thing is i always reference white buttons and portobellos when i use the knowledge publicly. for wood lovers i use shiitake.

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

#4350603 - 06/29/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

:poison: :yawn: :clown:.

:handth: :birthday:

--------------------

InvisibleDickhead
2 Times
Female User Gallery
Loc: groin
    #4350605 - 06/29/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I had a good friend ramble bullshit about mushrooms to me a week ago... how to grow them, etc. Acting all pro... and though I am a beginner I knew he knew absolutely nothing.

I looked at him and kept smiling and nodding.

hes a good person so I didn't wanna make a fool of him... or expose myself as a grower(which Im not anyways)

He could tell soon that I could see through his shit.... so he was said "I got the feeling you know that I have no goddamn clue what I'm talking about."

I smiled and said "Thats right Bitch"

He bought me a beer.

--------------------
Multiplied

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dumb shit [Re: psilocyben]
    #4350619 - 06/29/05 12:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This is a predominate fact that sheds a black cloud over any drug that's out there on the market.  I worked for dancesafe for a long time, you wouldn't believe half the shit the kids told me at my tables when we setup at a party.  90% of them, as was already stated, believe so much in these "myths" that it takes almost an act of god (or a really sweet research lab) to prove your point.  It makes it frustrating when your job is to provide factual information to help people make correct decisions regarding their intake of chosen narcotics.  id also say 75% of the kids didn't care about the information and just wanted their MDMA tested before they took it, but, the few that we could help left us with a really gratifying feeling.

I think the best thing to do, as was stated also, is just to smile and nod and move on.  When i hit up fesitivals and need to buy supplies i always talk to the people first and find out if they're full of shit or if they're telling the truth.  Still it does give you something to laugh about at least :smile:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #4350623 - 06/29/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Some random dude at a party (for a friend at my house) got to talking shrooms with me.  Granted he was pretty damn drunk, but he tried to tell me that he was growing "NJ-45" shrooms.  That was the name of the strain.  He said he was growing from a book a friend got him.  I asked if it was Stamets, Ott, etc.. he'd never heard of them.  He said he got the spores "in a bag" from "a guy on the internet."

Sucks to be him- he's either growing CONTAMS or nothing at all.  He was damn convinced of himself though..  :rolleyes:  :grin:

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

OfflineMikol
tripper
    #4350625 - 06/29/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

New quote of the Day:

Never argue with an idiot... they'll simply drag you down to their level and pummel you with experience.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Dumb shit [Re: Dickhead]
    #4350628 - 06/29/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

better to let an idiot ramble than to let him know you grow so he can rob you when youre out of town.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Dumb shit [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4350634 - 06/29/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hahahah motherfuckers growin a big bag of the mean green haha

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract