Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
So here is my problem
    #4350258 - 06/29/05 01:22 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I am in my mid thirties, happily married with two kids. I have a wonderful wife. She doesn't know about my little hobby with fungi, which i just recently started dabbling with again just last year after a 10 year hiatus.

My wife tried Mary Jane when she was a youngster and didn't like it. She doesn't drink, and he whole life is pretty much drug free. Her view is that Mushrooms are a hard drug and she thinks that they are the same as LSD.

I would like to share the experience with her. Once a month I go canoeing or hiking with my buddies and we do it up. It is such a fantastic time. I want to take her to a secluded cabin in the mountains and give her a taste of it.

I don't know how to bring it up. I am afraid that she is going to bite my head off. I can picture it now: "Grow up, you are 36 years old and a father of two, you have no place running around being an acid head." or some such thing. I could be a big loser for bringing it up.

But the fact is that I would like to do shrooms once a month or once every couple of months for the rest of my life, and she is my life partner. I want her to give it an honest effort just to relate to what I am enjoying so much. If she doesn't like it I promise never to ask her again.

I don't know how to go about starting the conversation. Should I wait until we are at the mountain cabin and spring them on her, or should I try and talk to her when we snuggle at night. I don't know. I was wondering if anyone here has ever been in the same situation.

I apologize in advance if this is not in the appropriate forum. I hang at the PAL, and I know it wasn't appropriate for that forum.

Peace.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePaulAtreides
Paw Paw DBK ...

Re: So here is my problem [Re: JesusChrist]
    #4350275 - 06/29/05 01:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

If you arent close enough to your wife to at least discuss it then id keep my mouth shut

--------------------

WDYWFM?
I just want full access damnit
Rono he hate me...
I'm going to be reading every post that you make...and anything that even remotely offends me is going to get your ass banned. How you like 'dem apples asshole?

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
    #4350280 - 06/29/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

just tell her man is that not what married people are supposed to do communicate. tell her your feelings about it your an adult if she doesn't like it so what it's you mind and your body and your decision what to do with it

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4350282 - 06/29/05 01:29 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I say either keep quiet about it or when you do bring it up, show her some info on it to maybe ease her fears. Good luck Jesus.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: So here is my problem [Re: Trav]
    #4350294 - 06/29/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Trav said:
I say either keep quiet about it or when you do bring it up, show her some info on it to maybe ease her fears. Good luck Jesus.

Yes, presenting her with rock solid info will do you some good during this. You are in a hard situation.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Invisibleidiotek

Re: So here is my problem [Re: PaulAtreides]
    #4350295 - 06/29/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

that would have to suck since it's such a precarious situation. you don't want her to immediately dismiss it but it's hard to get someone that's relatively drug-free to understand where you're coming from about mushrooms.

i'd wait until you're both secluded in a trip-friendly environment.. aka the mountain cabin.

either way, good luck chief. i hope she tries it and they open her eyes..

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4350296 - 06/29/05 01:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

don't "spring it oh her" that coule be extremely hard for her to handle. From a woman's perspective... you're wife is going to be mad, most likely she's not going to be mad for the fact the you like mushrooms and like using them with your friend, she's going to feel mad/hurt that you had to hide it from her. (At least if she's a decent woman)

The fact of the matter is that people have generally been brought up to think that drugs are "evil" your wife probably just hasn't experienced enough to understand. Explain to her why you like mushies and why you would enjoy a trip with her. Go from there... that's really all you can do.

oops forgot quick reply sorry

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

Edited by i_rage_against (06/29/05 01:33 PM)

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #4350300 - 06/29/05 01:33 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I am close to my wife. But when we met I had nothing to do with mushrooms because I couldn't even get them. Even if I wanted them I couldn't have them. The subject never came up.

To somebody that knows very little about mushrooms apart from the propaganda of mother culture, having a spouse that suddlenly starts "the habit" could easily be alarming. I could see that. It is just the way she was raised. She has no clue.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: So here is my problem [Re: i_rage_against]
    #4350338 - 06/29/05 01:38 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I could see here getting pissed about not knowing that I do them. She is going to spring all that "you lead a double life", and "I don't really know you shit" on me. Man is that going to suck.

If I could ever get her to just try it though.....

I like the idea of having solid information about mushrooms. I am going to have to start collecting the facts and assembling the argument. I may go down in flames but it can't hurt to give it my best effort.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
    #4350366 - 06/29/05 01:43 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

if she is any kind of intellectual she can be made to understand at the very least that it is your right as a human being to experiment with your mind whether she chooses to or not. Have a good argument and facts ready and explain to her rationally your feelings.

Edited by lowdominion (06/29/05 01:48 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub