Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Potential reasons for lack of flushing? Whats wrong here....
    #4349718 - 06/29/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My friend has recently taken the art back up, and is very proficient in grain preparation as well as sterile technique and casing. He has 100% success rate on all his casings since he started back up a few months ago, and he has about a 90% rate on his rye grain now (he's still tinkering with speed vs. contamination).

Anyways, so far my friend has put 3 popcorn casings and 2 rye casings into his terrarium (a 95 gal sterilite with 2 coolmist outputs from a vicks coolmist) going into it for air exchange. Usually pins form in about a week, they haven't formed alot on the actual rye casings yet (after 8 days there are mad pins on the side), but then the pins don't grow much and just kind of sit there doing nothing. Or the pinset is poor and on the sides of the casings as in his rye casings.

What is the problem? Is there anything my friend could be missing other than correct humidity, which is his hunch? To correct this problem he set up another sterilite tub with perlite in it as well as a coolmist to make sure its really humid. My friend must be missing some small detail because as he sees it, his process and results are excellent he just doesn't get any mushies =(. And also, how long should those casings have to be in the sterilite with perlite to see if the humidity was the problem? Thx for all your help guys, I want some good pics to post for you...

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebackupwards2
Stranger thanyou

Loc: in my mind
Re: Potential reasons for lack of flushing? Whats wrong here.... [Re: lemunhed]
    #4349726 - 06/29/05 09:00 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

are you/ your friend getting an even casing layer applied? rh in the 85% range should be good for casings. maybe not rh problem. where is the temp at? are you getting a good rate of exchange from the coolmist? how many per hour do you think? how much light are you giving?
a little more info is going to go a long way with answers that you receive.
peace

--------------------
If you are not sure what you are doing STOP and go read some on what you are trying to do.

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
Re: Potential reasons for lack of flushing? Whats wrong here.... [Re: backupwards2]
    #4349905 - 06/29/05 10:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I find high temperatures to be a factor that contributes most to lack of pinning.

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Re: Potential reasons for lack of flushing? Whats wrong here.... [Re: Tien]
    #4351730 - 06/29/05 07:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The temperatures are realtively high lately, getting up to about 85 during the day and maybe 70 at night but I have heard Koh Samui Super Strain will fruit at 85 constant temps no problem. The casing layer is very even, as is the "pinset". The RH is better now that my friend transfered his aliens to a perlite/coolmist chamber instead of the other chamber with just the coolmist... I think the RH might have been the big problem but only time will tell that one. The coolmist has two outputs that are garden hose, both are going into the sterilite container and are very air tight. That seems like alot of air exchange to me, in addition to fanning with a large hepa blower about 3-4 times a day. The light is a flourescent two x 40watt shop lamp, GE daylight bulbs which look high in blue wavelengths (I didn't check the label but they are real fuckin' bright).

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: HEPA Filter, Perlite, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation