Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIamthewalrus
every evening Idied and everynight I wasreborn
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: outdoor indica [Re: pH_]
    #4373249 - 07/05/05 06:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have SLIGHT insect damage but its not affecting anything(dosen't seem to be anyways) most leaves are perfect and its growing faster then damage can be made anyways...I might try something organic but really I don't think its needed and if it ain't broke don't fix it right? I measured the plants today....the biggest is almost 2.5 ft, most are a lil over 2ft with the smallest being around 1.25ft...with 2 full summer months to go! I plan to start choppin the tops at 4ft(someone I trust highly recommends this) plus I really don't know how fuckin big these guys would get if I didn't...considering how fast they are growing I could see them hitting the 8ft mark(maybe bigger) which is way too high for my camo

nice sig btw :P...I don't even remember where I found the pic but I love it....so tranquil and beautiful...did you alter the pic yourself or find that as is?

I would recommend finding some clones(this is what everyone in my area does and some ppl just throw em in teh ground in the forest and don't come back till bud lol....and its good shit too...I don't doubt for a 2nd that a lot of my success is due to good genetics...I remember reading weed can be tough to grow because of the time it takes and patience(Not seeing much growth)...I swear I see at least 2" 's of added height every new day....I know a lot of it has to do with the weather and the fact that I properly prepared my soil...water everyday, genetics etc but still...I'm not finding myself impatient at all....when I start choppin the tops I'm gonna make some clones and put in pots...once they hit the 2ft mark I'm gonna switch em up to 12/12 add bloom fert and get some early bud(this is theoretical at this point...I have very limited knowledge compared to pro weed growers but I do pick up on shit pretty fast) and I also know some pros who have given me good tips along the way

I might actually chop the tops a lil at 2ft on the "potted" plants....since I'm assumin this adds bushiness...mmm bushiness lol

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/05/05 06:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinepH_
Voyager
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: outdoor indica [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4373312 - 07/05/05 06:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

my genetics were.... well, bagseed. no one i know grows, so clones would be out of the question. i also thought my plant grew in leaps and bounds. i swear i did see it get bigger each day. ill have to try again. i didnt prepair the soil or anything, i just use topsoil in a wonton soup container until it outgrew that :laugh: they work suprisingly well. i was going to use them, then go to a 1gallon bucket, then 5 or maybe just skip to 5. i couldnt find any good nutes or ferts anywhere though. same with fungicide, i checked walmart and local stores but found nadda.

i made the color changes and put it together. it is a good picture i agree :smile: lots going on in it. if i find my camera cord ill get a picture of whats left of them now. i havent checked on them in a couple of days, they're in their last days i think :frown: :frown:

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Re: outdoor indica *DELETED* [Re: Iamthewalrus]
    #4373313 - 07/05/05 06:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Organic

Reason for deletion: Manual post history removal

--------------------

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: Organic]
    #4373364 - 07/05/05 07:14 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

thx bro

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: pH_]
    #4373381 - 07/05/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would recommend reading starters opium poppy grow...he recommended I use this for weed as well...he calls it "super soil" I fucked up a lil tho adding the hay directly into the soil(the composting can rob the soil of nitrogen since hay is carbon)...so to balance I got sheep manure(higher in nitrogen then horse and cow without the burning ability of chicken)...I sprinkled this around the plants so when they got watered nitrogen went the ground...and then I hoe'd the weeds under mixing the manure into the ground...also straw around the plants is key....it helps keep out weeds(tho its not perfect in that respect) it keeps your roots cool and holds moiture...the reason for the hay btw is to get the worm content up...they aerogate(sp?) the soil and worm castings are actually compost already so they provide food without burning the plants....also as far as nitrogen goes...I get that from miracle grow as well....and on top of all that this is an agriculture area and the soil was good to start with

AND we've had a VERY sunny unsually HOT summer...so since I hand water the plants have been absolutely LOVIN it

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4373635 - 07/05/05 08:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

really nice plants man, i'm envious... growing weed is some seriously exciting shit.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: faslimy]
    #4374242 - 07/05/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it is! I never expected it to be so much fun...noticable size increases everyday! thx bro

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #4377102 - 07/06/05 06:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Cut the very top node once and do it now if you're going to. You don't need to do that and it wont help you out to much though, those plants are fine.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #4377169 - 07/06/05 06:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I was told to wait until they were 4ft to prune the tops(gonna make clones in big pots and when they hit 2ft bud em for some early goodness) of course I'm not 100% I'll be successful with thatt...this IS my first grow

I take it I'll need some rooting hormones for the cloning...I also got a closeup of those poppies but I guess I'll put that in the poppy thread(I'm tempted to put it here since its part of my garden)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4377264 - 07/06/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

an example of how fast these guys are growing...notice how the leaves are down(cause the sun is just about down) in this pic as well apposed to up during a rainy day in yesterdays...tomorrow I'll take a pic when the leaves are up pointed at the sun(I've never seen a plant that angles its leaves so much at the sun)

heres a close up of the queen(biggest plant) notice the leaves drooped for the night(notice the lil bit of insect damage...thats what I was talking about before...I don't think its enough to mess with anything to prevent it

and a shot from the other side for shits and giggles :P

man I'm so proud of these guys :smile:

lets get a pic of your shit jimmy! :smile: and anyone else too(ok I've officially hijacked lol jk) but 1 great cannabis thread is better then a bunch of dead threads without great info

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/06/05 07:26 PM)

InvisibleStarter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #4378462 - 07/07/05 01:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You've got exactly all the hallmarks of a fine vegetable soil plot and even better, you've got a bunch of Cannabis plants thriving in it. :smile: All up, a fine show and superb garden. Hay is certainly key to solid annual gardening, be it cut flowers, veggies, poppy or Cannabis. If you can keep the garden a secret you'll be able to retain the soil amendment investment to further seasons of plenty. :wink:

I'm not sure if you've sexed these plants as yet? ...and if not, you'll soon know as your summer solstice has been. That said, pre-flowers on the females may already be present? Of course, if seeds are your aim you can let them all go. But heavily seeded bud is only 50% smokable material. If it were me I'd rogue the males as they appear.

You might find, if your autumn is heavy in dews, that you may need to cover the plants of an evening time and remove an hour after dawn. If so, some copper log poles into holes 300mm dia at 600mm deep with some rapid set concrete, some 3mm wires and suspended poly sheet over the top. Star pickets are even easier than copper logs, if you have a star picket driver? Bottom line, heavy dews on mull'age can lead to savage botrytis damage and cause loss of almost all the potential harvest. Keeping the bud dry over the cool autumn nights will raise your odds. Such a cover will also prevent frost damage too. Though a black frost will do in everything, even if there's a cover. One thing about global warming (as you've mentioned the unseasonally warm summer you're experiencing), may well become the trend that the northern states and Canada will have longer growing seasons to look forward to. If so, the irony of the heaviest Co2 polluting nation the US (and flag ship of the war on drugs), will get swamped in outdoor Canadian greens!

Re: weed control, I usually chop them under the layer of the hay at soil level with a sharp machete and then the pest weeds weaken for lack of light and their roots die, so all ends up as food for the worms in the profile. By not pulling weeds up I don't disturb the soil beneath the hay, which may inadvertently bring soil to the surface, that's often laden in weed seed. Just the way it is with garden soil, it's teeming in competitor life and gardening is really about tipping the favour to your favs. :wink: It's also a lot easier on your back to use a machete or large sharp knife on well hay mulched beds than rip up weeds. Less work with more result.

Not that weeds are always a pest. Weeds can protect a fallow garden bed from erosion. Weeds can often serve as a food source to insects rather than your favs, thus you retain the vital pesticide free biological checks and balances (though beware that virus can vector from sap sucking insects). Also, weeds often have a deep root system that can pick up nutrients that have leached down deep into the profile, as well as draw on mineral rich clay subsoils, and "carry" them to the surface as biomass, which will recycle as compost and worm food to your top soil layer to the benefit of your shallow rooted vegetables.

--------------------
Convert Metric and Imperial.

InvisibleDragonaut

#4378649 - 07/07/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Iamthewalrus:

Why are you jacking JimmytheWorm's thread?

--------------------
:dragon:

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4379039 - 07/07/05 07:25 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I've told him if its a problem I'll start my own...I bet he'd rather have a good cannabis thread where ppl actually see his shit rather then a dead thread that gets lost in the pages(wasn't my original intention to jack it anyways) but at this point I'm gonna keep udating here unless HE tells me he has a problem with it...why are YOU concerned?...thats really the question here

EDIT: btw starter...its a clone of a female so I don't have to worry about sexing :smile:...and thx for your all your help man...without u this garden wouldn't be what it is

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/07/05 07:36 AM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4381819 - 07/07/05 10:19 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

tomorrow is mg day! lol I marked down even the time(I heard plants really love consistent fertilizing)...so I'm gonna make it as consistent as possible...I also mist down the leaves with dilute mg...I'm pretty sure they shot up even faster after my last fert so I'm curious to see if I hit the 4ft mark soon(I'm just under 3 for a good # of them)..I plan to start choppin the tops after they get past 4ft..gonna be making clones and plus I don't want these to get to be like 8 ft....too much of a heat score(and they should bush out even more, correct me if I'm wrong)

EDIT: I'll post more pics when they hit 4ft

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/07/05 10:19 PM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4382941 - 07/08/05 05:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

aight well I decided to update today to show how much its grown within a 2 day period(is this normal speed or are these just kickin ass?)

july 6th(from above)

july 8th(this mornin)

EDIT: my bad it was actually july 5th evening...so approx 2 and a half days

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/08/05 06:51 AM)

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #4384155 - 07/08/05 01:42 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Iamthewalrus said:
I've told him if its a problem I'll start my own...I bet he'd rather have a good cannabis thread where ppl actually see his shit rather then a dead thread that gets lost in the pages(wasn't my original intention to jack it anyways) but at this point I'm gonna keep udating here unless HE tells me he has a problem with it...why are YOU concerned?...thats really the question here

EDIT: btw starter...its a clone of a female so I don't have to worry about sexing :smile:...and thx for your all your help man...without u this garden wouldn't be what it is

I dont mind at all :cool: My plants are behind in their growth because of the rainy and cloudy weather we have been having. I'll update when the plants start to bud, and I hope Iamthewalrus does the same :smile:

InvisibleBlu Spore
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #4384177 - 07/08/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

These plants in the picture below are from a grow I did three years ago. They had a really nice purple hue to the leaves and teh bud was great. I used nutri-grow for the veg stage and then budding formula ferts for when it buds. Really easy and the bud turned out nice.

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

Re: outdoor indica [Re: Blu Spore]
    #4384508 - 07/08/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that shit looks great...I've fallen in love with weed from this grow(growing it I mean)...I could see myself getting way into this just like cubes :smile:...and I will def keep updating and update with bud(hopefully will have bud before fall when I start putting clones in pots and inducing buds at a couple ft)...thx for being resonable :smile:(I knew u would your a great dude)

EDIT: also thought I'd mention this patch is startin to smell really strong(I wasn't sure if it didn't start smellin till bud)...today when I put down a lil miracle grow I had to hold back some leaves to get to the stock and my hand stunk of weed lol(I'm never washin this hand again! jk :P)

Edited by Iamthewalrus (07/08/05 04:29 PM)

OfflineIamthewalrus
Male User Gallery

#4391550 - 07/11/05 05:12 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just a growth update(my queen is now around 3.5ft) I also checked out overgrow for sex identification just to be sure and they are indeed females :smile:

Invisiblespudamore
Stranger
Male
Loc: Australia
    #4391566 - 07/11/05 05:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

have you trimmed any of the bottom branches/leaves yet?

the tallest i have gotten is just over 6ft tall sativa, thick long heads, longest was over 40cm, just kept trimming all the bottom and the crap that doesn't need to be on the plant.
after about 3 months growing i used fert once a week and a shitload of it too, the first year turned out great, nice lavish buds, that nearly smelt and looked like hydro, oh great days.

--------------------
suicide a permanent solution to a temporary problem

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals