Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Possible contam? Pics
    #4349419 - 06/29/05 02:11 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well I went to check on my tubs today and I dunno what the hell this color is.  I'm hoping it's just discoloration from the straw or something I don't know. 

Here it is 2 days earlier.. note the coloration in the outlined areas.

And here it is now

... Do you think I have anything to worry about?  I hope it's doing okay.  Growth seems to be coming along nicely... Also remember this is incubating at 70F, so it's not all hardcore growing real fast.  Thanks for the help guys :smile:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Possible contam? Pics [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4349452 - 06/29/05 02:29 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hard for me to see...I'm getting old.
:smirk:

looks yellowish to me.

is it yellowish?

could be mycelium piss...if its yellow.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Re: Possible contam? Pics [Re: Roadkill]
    #4349474 - 06/29/05 02:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It is an orange'ish yellow. I did spawn it with rye that had been sitting around for about 3 weeks fully colonized. Growth is still going and stuff, and it still is fuzzy and rhizo'y in those areas, it's just some of the fuzz has that color on it so I'm not sure. Could it be staining from something possibly?

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4349486 - 06/29/05 02:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

probably just mycelium piss.

they have to take a leak too...

just like you and me.

:smirk:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

Re: Possible contam? Pics [Re: Roadkill]
    #4349494 - 06/29/05 02:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Alright cool :-) I hope so!  It's only been about 6 days since spawning, is that normal for em to do that so early?  My guess is it'd have something to do with how long they were sitting in the jars, because yes, when they were there in the jars, there was some myc. piss in the bottom.  Thanks for the info :smile:

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Edited by Onetwothree (06/29/05 02:50 AM)

OfflineOnetwothree
This is MajorTom

#4349540 - 06/29/05 03:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Also... I was wondering what would be an appropriate time to case these? 0About how colonized should the surface be? When I look in from the sides (move the garbage bag) there's still a fair amount of uncolonized area... should it be completely colonized before casing? Or would it be better to let it still grow out while fruiting? Hrrmm... Also ... "fully colonized" on a bulk casing like this, would it just be like a big brick of myc?

Sorry for all the dumb questions I hate to sound like I dunno what I'm doing, but in this area I really don't. This is my first bulk grow. And I REALLY appriciate all the help everyone has given me and others... I can't reiterate that enough. You guys are all awesome. Thankyou =)

--------------------
Free Spore Ring Canada

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds