Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Losing weight.
    #4348372 - 06/28/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'm going to lose weight.  WEll, I've actually been trying to lose weight for FOREVER.  What's the best thing you can do to work out a fat ass??!!  I usually run on the treadmill and do sit ups, but my ass is still so huge!  (especially the thigh-area)

I get so frustrated guys...sometimes I want to go back into dangerous eating habits (like...not eating + pill popping.  I lost tons of weight doing this in high school) simply to lose weight but I know that's not for the best...but still, it's tempting. 

I guess I'm just your regular chick who wants to look like a hollywood barbie doll.  Tips please? 

Just kidding...kind of. 

What's the FASTEST (and grr the healthiest) way to lose weight? 

At this point I think I'm going to get a personal trainer as soon as I can afford it.  I'm not SEVERELY overweight (um, I don't think I am) but all the fat looks bad on me. 

I'm being sooo honest here...maybe cause I've been drinking...

Any help?  :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: Losing weight. [Re: MOTH]
    #4348409 - 06/28/05 09:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

some people barlely lose any weight at all from excercise and for those people i recomend eating healthy. i know it sounds like the same old shit you always hear bu it really does work better than excercise.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4348429 - 06/28/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah man, I exercise an hour every day, running and walking on the treadmill and sit ups, and I hardly eat anything. My main diet consists of fruit and canned soup. I usually only eat 1-2 times a day, small meals at that.

It seems like the only way I can lose serious weight is by extreme dieting. Which I know is hard on the body but it sure does the job.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#4348444 - 06/28/05 09:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

theres some pills oiff one of the sponsors taht makes you feel full. i dont know how healthy it is but its from one of the loyal sponsers. if taht fails u can always fall back on that dirty drug coke.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4348446 - 06/28/05 09:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Meth. It works very well in making you lose weight.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4348452 - 06/28/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I know...unfortunately I've seen what it can do to people.  /not pretty.  :tongue:

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4348480 - 06/28/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Personal trainers are the best way to go. Alot of people don't work out "right" , I would def get a trainer. Although personally I think that weight dosn't matter as long as your a healthy. Good luck though.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4348497 - 06/28/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

How about you do some sweaty marathon makeout sessions with bi chicks?

But seriously, the only thing I can suggest is working out a lot and eating healthy food. Also, listen to your body. If you are super super sore...don't work out. If your body is screaming for protien...eat meat.

Nothing comes easy when it comes to losing weight or gaining muscle. It is hard work.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4348563 - 06/28/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Okay guys, I'm thinking personal trainer at this point...it will be great to have someone bitch me out hardcore if I miss a work out day.

Now where do you find one of these people??!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#4348569 - 06/28/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

24 hpur fitness duh. ya i hear people who work out on there own do it wrong anyways

--------------------

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4348585 - 06/28/05 10:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Pretty much any excercise facilitys have them, some offer them free if you get a member ship.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4348588 - 06/28/05 10:17 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ooo i got one !TRIMSPA!

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: DeathCompany]
    #4348605 - 06/28/05 10:20 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
24 hpur fitness duh. ya i hear people who work out on there own do it wrong anyways

well duh, of course!  Why didn't I think of that.  :smile:

(I actually didn't think of that)

Offlinemrs_noface
stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: wis
    #4348963 - 06/29/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Increasing the metabolism is the fastest way to permanent weight loss, a lowered metabolism is very often the reason weight loss progress grinds to a sudden halt. When weight loss slows a dieter may reduce food intake further, however progress is still slow because a net loss of protein continues to lower the metabolism.
www.weightlossforall.com/metabolism.html
I'm sure theres probably more helpful sites out there-my computer is just being really stupid right now. sorry

--------------------
Tough titty said the kitty but the milks still good.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4349744 - 06/29/05 07:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would say diet is almost everything when it comes to weight!

I'm a skinny guy, and always have been (about 120 pounds). I'm sure I have an insanely over-active metabolism...but I have also noticed time and time again that I eat less food than the people around me. When it comes to obese people, I eat drastically less food than they do!

It's all a question of how many calories you eat in a day, vs how many you spend in a day. If you spend more than you eat, you will lose weight. Don't try one of those stupid crash-diets where you cut out TOO many calories, though. You need a diet that you can continue on for (ideally) the rest of your life, not a drastic reduction where you will have to start eating more down the line once you reach the weight you want. Reduce your calorie intake in all areas by just a little (instead of cutting foods out entirely, just cut back the portions you eat) and it should add up to quite a few less calories per day!

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

InvisibleMushie_Man
Fuck Up

Loc: UK
Re: Losing weight. [Re: trendal]
    #4349952 - 06/29/05 09:22 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I wouldn't go for the crash drug diet, because you know as well as i do that you will only put more weight back on after you end up in rehab or something. Basically, your body doesn't know the difference between dieting and starvation. As soon as your body switches to starvation mode, all the food you eat will be stored as fat and your metabolism will definitely be 50% slower.

In my opinion, it would be better to set a calorie limit then break that limit into 6 small individual meals a day. That includes breakfast, lunch & dinner. Then set your self an eating routine, such as one meal at 9 am then the next at 12, try setting them at 3 hour intervals. It takes your metabolism approximately 3 hours to digest a meal, after that it is being un-used until you next eat. This way your metabolism is being used 100% of the time. This is a good technique which body builders use to get cut. It dramatically speeds up your metabolism and helps you loose weight even while sleeping. Also try to add more protein into your diet. Studies have shown an increase in metabolic rate of up to 25-30% after eating lean protein.

A good diet will not always put you in good figure. Anyone can be skinny, but that doesn't mean they have a hot body. Running is one of the best exercises to tone your ass, thighs & stomach, which you say you do. But if your not seeing much results try increasing the intensity such as the speed, distance, time or angle you run at (try to increase the intensity every week, the more your push yourself the better the results). Weight training is also a good way to burn fat.

..oh and drink lots of water  :crazy:

Good luck,
Mushie Man  :thumbup:

Edited by Mushie_Man (06/29/05 10:01 AM)

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: Mushie_Man]
    #4350017 - 06/29/05 09:51 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've been on the "im poor as hell ,cuz i live alone" diet or a long time now...i weight like 120lbs maybe...

people thought i was a coke head for a while...

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: Losing weight. [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4350265 - 06/29/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I lost 35 lbs. three years ago & have maintained my ideal weight since then. Here are the tips I used & believe were most effective:

1. Build muscle. Muscles use more calories even while you're sitting still. I did a full-body weight training routine 3X per week at the YMCA.

2. Incorporate activity into your lifestyle. It is too easy to skip a gym workout when you get busy or sick. I was living in a very small town at the time, and I decided that I would not use my car to get anywhere in town. I packed my toddler into a jogging stroller & walked to run ALL my errands.

3. Think low calorie, high bulk when you choose foods. Fruits and veggies are excellent, as are whole grain breads & crackers. Soup is terrific, as long as it is broth-based.

4. Stop drinking calories. This one really amped up my weight loss! I had been dropping about 1/2 lb. a week with the first 3 tips, but when I cut out soda, wine, beer, fancy coffee drinks, juice, milk, etc... I started losing 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. a week.

5. When you think you want something to eat, use it as a cue to tune in. I ask myself if I am eating for appetite or for emotions, and then act accordingly. If it is for appetite, I have some food! If not, I sit with the emotions until I understand what I need.

6. Focus on the function of your body more than the form. Critical, negative thoughts about your appearance will drain your energy and motivation to change. Try to appreciate your strength, health, flexibility, balance, etc... I like to think about how good it feels to use my muscles to power up a hill, or feel proud of being able to balance on one foot for a long time. It may sound corny, but it really made a difference for me.

Good luck and good health!

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Losing weight. [Re: Veritas]
    #4350369 - 06/29/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

^ That guys knows alot of good, but I've even got some more tips for you, as I have had to lose 30 pnds of weight myself.

1. Only drink water, like he said, this is a killer tip! What you want to do is concentrate on extra calories and sugar intake, you'd be surprised on how much calories drinks gave you.

2. Take a multi-vitamin, most important, when your body has everything you need to function you feel 110% better!

3. BIGGEST ONE, fuck ephedra, biggest help with weight loss and thats accually health for you is Yerba Mate. Super healthy, anti-oxidants, and a super appetite curver. This stuff will give you the energy to run across the city and pick and choose when and what you want to eat.

4. Don't starve, thats the slowest way of losing weight, it kills your motabolism, gives you no energy, makes you feel like total shit,just plain dumb, the idea is to eat a reduced amount of calories and burn more than youve ate while still keeping your body active.

5. Weight train, and do cardio, while I weight train my motabolism is so fast I shit out a meal like an hour after I eat it. Youll really be surprised.

After you reach your goal you can eat sensibly of what you want, and work out and still maintain your figure. Not only that but you will feel so much better all the time, I can describe to you how much better being in shape feels. Good Luck! :smile:

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Losing weight. [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4350426 - 06/29/05 11:59 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I prefer the Jenny Crank Diet myself. Short of that the healthy way is to like a previous poster said break down you 2000 calories a day into three meals and three small snacks between meals with continuous activity and exercise throughout the day.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds