Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Mycellium relocation
    #4347294 - 06/28/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Are any of you tempted, upon finding a kind of desirable mushroom, to take enough of the mycelia structure to start a patch in a more desirable location? The last two times I was out in the fields, I contemplated doing just that. I couldn't get myself to do it; I thought that maybe I'd be violating some sacred mushroom picking protocol by taking a little more than just the mushroom.

It would be alot easier to find these mushrooms again, especially when their original location is far away or on land you have to get permission to be on. It's disapointing to travel to a known location just to find out they didn't put fruits out that rain. On the other hand, if they were in a location that I could see everyday, perhaps in the yard or on a sidewalk I pass on the way to work, it wouldn't be a disapointment.

Those of you who have committed to a job may know my frustration of not being able to hunt on those pefect days... would picking your favorite mushrooms while walking up your drive way put a bounce in your step, or what?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMadSeasonAbove
Reef Donkey
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #4347329 - 06/28/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I have definately thought about this as well, and would love to do it.  I would be curious to see if someone could do it, or if anyone has in the past.  Why dont you try it out and get back to us. :smile: :thumbup: 

and yes, it would be awesome to have a patch in your own yard.  I would assume it could be done. keep the patty all together until ready for casing. break up the pie in a small area, maybe 2 ft x 1 ft. by following any outdoor tek, water and start prayin to the Shroom God.  :sun:

Offlineihaveacow
ilovehumidity

Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: MadSeasonAbove]
    #4347385 - 06/28/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I actually thought about doing that as well, the only problem is that the field i pick from i want to keep there for as long as possible, so taking an entire patty may help lower the fruiting percent.

--------------------
im me on aim... bennettbike

i dont smoke, drink, or abuse drugs, but because i trip spiritually twice a year i got a felony!

Offlinestrun9x0ut
some dude
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: ihaveacow]
    #4347880 - 06/28/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I actually just made a post about this in the Southeast Finds sticky thread at the top of the forum. So did another Florida hunter. He said he relocated a cow turd from a field to his backyard, and there are currently a few mushrooms growing from it. I also brought home two cow patties and am watering them occasionally, hoping for the best.

Here's a link to the post. Also, here is another post I found made by Lizard King on the subject. It's pretty old, but I trust LK's knowledge (speaking of ... does he post here anymore?). To summarize, he says:

"I remember shroom wizard telling me he brought a few patties home from the field one night and 4 days later they fruited. As long as you get the patties with live mycelium in them it'll work."

Hope this helps ... I plan on posting pics if mine work out.

Edited by strun9x0ut (06/28/05 07:31 PM)

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #4347918 - 06/28/05 07:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

This method is usually quite successful with the wood chip inhabiting species, but imagine you would run into contamination problems with the dung dwellers.

If you are talking about P. cubensis, you may have success if you sandwich the colonized cow pie between two layers of moist straw and leave it outside in a cool shady place.

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: shroomydan]
    #4347984 - 06/28/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I would try it if I had a yard

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: mskip23]
    #4348231 - 06/28/05 08:59 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes i have succesfully moved mycelium without killing it, the first cap that popped up the day after i brought it home is now fully grown and looks beautiful, i was going to pick it but i decided to leave it to do its set path in life... make more pretty little shroomies for me to eat lol.... and i lifted one of the piles up today and noticed that the mycelium is spreading rapidly on that pile and to my pile that ive been collecting for months, but yes it is possible and it has been done, now that i think about it ill go take a pic for you guys to see... pardon the long post im just comming down from a very nice trip.... p.s. Donnie Darko is a much better movie when youre not trippin.... made me kinda sad. be back in a few with that pic. i must add in the past 3 days all but the one primordia has aborted, but the one youre gonna see is doing well.

--------------------

Edited by LeftyBurnz (06/28/05 09:02 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4348236 - 06/28/05 09:00 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i just plopped the colonized pile on the pre-existing pile shroomydan, it seems to be working without much effort on my part.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4348381 - 06/28/05 09:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well heres the pics, and not to worry guys im not destroying anything by moving these piles, which i have many more to move, because someone has bought the property and is about to begin construction so in essence im creating life from something that will be rendered lifeless by man. oh and can anyone identify the weird mushy next to the cube? enjoy for all of those who want to know "can i bring the field home with me?"

notice the white circles, these are all spots of NEW mycelium since relocating.

mycelium is strong and healthy

--------------------

Invisibleflowstone
blustering

Loc: precious
    #4348461 - 06/28/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It will work. If I were you I would forget about transferring cubes or subbs. just gather some weilli tips( don't dig up the patch, just clip the bottom of the stems). Place these stems in a humid container(our-doors, to keep contams away) After one day, the mycelia at the base of the stem should have fluffed up. Put it in some freshly disturbed clay mixed with pine-straw, water when it doesn't rain, and hope for the best... Keep in mind I've never done this, and to be successful you would probably need a lot of base stems. Another suggestions is to print the caps directly on your patch to spread the spores before you venture eat them.

--------------------
these long agonizing months without you...have been long and agonizing..
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Only Decides Who's Left."

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: flowstone]
    #4348489 - 06/28/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

unfortunately i have never seen a weilli in real life, why forget about cubes? whats easier than walking out back to pick a few caps and not have to worry about a bull stabbing you in the ass?

--------------------

Offlinecwbfromtheksvi
CWB

Loc: Central, FL
    #4348678 - 06/28/05 10:33 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I brought home an abundantly fruiting cow pie and put it in some tall grass and its gave me like 7 nice fruits. It produces in flushes of like 2 or 3 then nothing for like 2 weeks then a couple more will pop up. Im gonna try it with another pie, just this time copes.

I also would love to try and outdoor tek, I found an awesome on that uses horse poo and hay. Something I have very readily available. But my field is only right across from my house already and I have so many shrooms that I dont know what to do with them..... So, I dunno maybe just something for fun. Just to see if I can do it. Or maybe Ill try it with copes as I cant really find a ton of them as easily as I can cubensis.

--------------------

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Trusted Identifier
    #4348696 - 06/28/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

hey all,
I took some mycelium from a patch about three weeks ago and managed to get it growing quite well on woodchips(P.subs)Just yesterday I witnessed my first pin and today there is another one coming up-So it can be done.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycellium relocation [Re: karode13]
    #4351421 - 06/29/05 04:16 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

id like to update, i noticed today that there are 3 more healthy primordia big enough to take a picture of and 2 more that are tiny, so far its been only 4 days since i brought the pile home and were off to a great start. the mycelium is spreading like wildfire! I LOVE IT!

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4351440 - 06/29/05 04:21 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was wondering, is it safe to cut these off, or would i be better off letting them mature and die like the first one? will it slow down colonization at all if i cut them? will it speed things up if i leave them? i have enough shrooms stashed so i dont REALLY need them but the fresher the better i say, thoughts?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Boomr Bag