Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesubterranean_
Wolf at thedoor...

Loc: Lakeland, Florida
"Dreams turning into physical reality"
    #4347812 - 06/28/05 08:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Sunday night i go to bed around 10 to get a good nights sleep before work monday morning.

So in my dream im walking along this dirt road near the ball park i used to play at when i was a child. The peolpe who live along this road are basicly normal people, slightly paranoid considering they are all older folks. This dirt road was paved with quarters. So im picking them up and saving them. Then a middle aged women comes outside one of the homes and starts shouting at me. Still picking up the money casualy... All of a sudden this old ford pick-up is chasing me like hell. So i jump a few fences, start running through the ball feilds and she is chasing me on foot. Im tired as hell. She gets closer and closer till she is pulling on my shirt. I stop, turn around and give her a stiff push. As if i knocked the wind out of her. She gets up and continues the chase. This time she has a small whip. She catches up again and startes whipping the hell out of me. The pain was insane.

Then my alarm goes off. I have no idea where i am for about 30 seconds. My body is pain. Legs, back and shoulders. Even called into work because of it...Even today im sore. Not as sore but sore enough to remember what my dream was. Dream aside, what in the hell causes this and how can i prevent it from happening again?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: subterranean_]
    #4348858 - 06/29/05 01:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i've had a few dreams like that....

in one some guy jammed (man i just remembered that i had a dream about this last night, wtf!) his hand into my heart, and i KNEW he was killing me and forced myself to wake up and i had pain there...

this time some guy tried to rip my breastbone clear out... a security guard i was fighting who thought i had robbed an amusement park restaurant (i should have never said to my friend "I bet they think I did it"...) being a lucid dreamer I should have known better.

I'd say the dreams are probably caused by something wrong physically being manifested into the dream.... and hopefully not from people trying to muder us like freddy krueger.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinedrtyfrnk
PresidentialCandidate 2008
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: leery11]
    #4350474 - 06/29/05 02:15 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I had that once, except I just woke up and thought the house was on fire, I seriously saw smoke for about 30 seconds until I woke my gf up and she told me there wasn't any smoke or anything like that.

Fucking scared the hell outta me.

--------------------
It's Krang, Bitch!  :krang:

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: drtyfrnk]
    #4350664 - 06/29/05 03:08 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have woken up to my heart not beating for a while. Didn't go back to sleep that night.

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

OfflineBoo_Radley
OTD - SpiritualLeader

Loc: Mean Streets
    #4351035 - 06/29/05 04:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It usually takes me about a minute or so after I wake up to determine wtf is going on...

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
    #4351077 - 06/29/05 04:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

To me it sounds like you were in pain because of something happening in your body, not because of what happened in your dream. Sometimes at night I get really horrible muscle strains in my calf and I've had a couple dreams where I think my leg is broken. The pain seems so real because it's actually hurting. I'll wake up in a frenzy to get the pain to go away, but it takes me a second for me to realize my leg is not really broken. It's a very confusing moment.

On the other hand, maybe your dreams are really causing this pain. In that case, I have no fucking clue. I'd say its very possible as the mind is a very powerful thing.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: Harbinger]
    #4351327 - 06/29/05 05:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I wouldn't put the brain-based pain out of the realm of possibility. After all it really does all come from the brain. The fire may burn your skin but your brain is what make's it hurt.

But that only makes sense if it's only PAIN. I doubt your brain has the ability to physically cause a wound to any part of your body, internal or external.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Offlineberto23
Stranger
Loc: NJ
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: freddurgan]
    #4351526 - 06/29/05 06:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

im sorry to hear that.... only thing i can relate to that is the one time when i was probably around 16 (sometime during highschool i dont remember exactly when, either way probably about 4 years ago) I had this dream where i was peeing on a tree, and ohh did it feel good to pee on that tree. Needless to say, i woke up with a wet bed....

--------------------
the shnozzberrys taste like shnozzberrys

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: Harbinger]
    #4351776 - 06/29/05 07:35 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

To me it sounds like you were in pain because of something happening in your body, not because of what happened in your dream.

I agree. I remember hearing about a guy who had a long, elaborate dream about being guillotiened (sp?). He woke up after a bar from his window fell on his throat. Real time is compressed in dreams.

I would look into why your body was in pain. Did you do something strenuous that day or eat anything unusual?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: Jellric]
    #4351792 - 06/29/05 07:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
To me it sounds like you were in pain because of something happening in your body, not because of what happened in your dream.

I agree. I remember hearing about a guy who had a long, elaborate dream about being guillotiened (sp?). He woke up after a bar from his window fell on his throat. Real time is compressed in dreams.

I would look into why your body was in pain. Did you do something strenuous that day or eat anything unusual?

do you have any links about that? My experience with lucid dreaming at least is that time is more or less in synch with reality time.... which is not at all pleasant when you want to carry on the plot of your dream but it just keeps fizzling out on you and waking you up.

i guess in states of severe trauma time very well could be highly skewed in the dream state though.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinesubterranean_
Wolf at thedoor...

Loc: Lakeland, Florida
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: Jellric]
    #4351803 - 06/29/05 07:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It was a normal sunday night. I didnt smoke or do anything really. Didnt eat nothing unusual either. It was totally unexpected cause i rarely dream.  :confused:

--------------------

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4352642 - 06/29/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I would appreciate a dream like this. I always have the strangest dreams but I find them interesting, not frightening. Whenever I found myself having a similar dream over and over, I soon gained the ability to control that dream. Flying is by far the best feeling in a dream.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlinemikeyboy
Stranger

Loc: UK
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4354757 - 06/30/05 11:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I always used to dream of flying as a kid and jumped off the sofa many a time... (didn't work though  :frown:)

I belivee the dreams like the ones you've mentioned are caused by your body feeling pain and making you dream in relation to this pain

For example if you were sleeping on your hand and had cramp on it you may dream that you were having your hand sawn off or something... get me?

I've had some horrible dreams on MDMA comedowns, apparently its common, due to the nature of mdma you have a lack of REM sleep for days afterwards and your body forces yourself to rem sleep at different times, like for example i woke up opened my eyes and could see a girl hanging in my doorway by a rope... dead. I was scared shitless and my body just spasmed and shook until i sat up and turned the light on...  :thumbdown:

--------------------
LSD: Defrag for the brain

OfflineBoo_Radley
OTD - SpiritualLeader

Loc: Mean Streets
Re: "Dreams turning into physical reality" [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4354782 - 06/30/05 11:34 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

PowerTrip said:
Flying is by far the best feeling in a dream.

Quoted for truth. This is an awesome feeling.  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being