Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Fastest way to harvest.
    #4346890 - 06/28/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

So everyone wants to know how you can grow mushrooms the fastest... well here's my way that will get you to harvest in as little as 11 days from when you started once you perfect it.

(This is using a variation of PF tek, g2g may be able to go faster but ive never fucked around with it.)

The first thing you need is a liquid culture. This will take you anywhere from 3 to 20 days... If you do it right, it should take 6 or 7 days at the most.

1.Get a 4oz jar (or a half pint if thats the smallest you have).
2.Add a 4% karo to water solution. You can use however much, the smaller the faster IME. (I use 25ml water, 1ml karo)
3.Use whatever filter method you want. (IME, it works just fine to just turn the lid upside down with a small hole in the lid for inoculation.)
4.Leave the band a little loose and PC for at least 20min at 15psi.
5.Let cool for 4 or 5 hours.
6.Do a multispore inoculation (dont use too much unless you have already compensated for the extra water. 2cc will work fine and wont upset the 25:1 ratio enough to make a difference)
7.Put tape over the hole
8.After spores germinate, screw band down tight and shake briefly once a day or every other day. Loosen band when done shaking.
9.when using to inoculate, shake it and pull into a syringe immediately after shaking.

Then you'll need the regular PF setup, here's what i like to use.

(disregard the multispore inoculation and use Liquid Culture)

(also, colonization goes faster IME if you add a tyvek filter under the lid and make your holes twice as big and add a center hole, if your doing this, you should still use a dry verm casing layer.)

inoculate the jars with .5cc LC in each hole along the edge, it doesnt really make a difference if you inoculate in the center or not.

Remember not to pack the substrate into the jars, this will slow the hell out of colonization, just let it fall into place, and shake the jar back and forth to let it fall in the jar better.

for incubation, you need a styrofoam cooler, reptile heating pad and a towel.

Optimally you would like to keep your cooler at 86 degrees. If you go below that, its ok, colonization just wont be as fast. Exceeding 86 is a bad idea. An easy way to do this is acquire a reptile heating pad and fold a towel into 3 or 4 layers. Put the towel inbetween the heating pad and the cooler and set the pad on the lowest setting. (put a thermometer in the cooler and add or remove towel layers to adjust temp.)

(you could use any incubation tek, as long as you get temps inbetween 82 and 86, colonization will go fast as hell. If your not gonna go with the cooler set up id go for a TiT)

When the cakes come out of the jars, dunk them, and keep them out of the fridge (try both, see what works better for you. whether or not this is beneficial is strain related IMO) I put them in a dark closet while dunking that is 74 degrees. (you need a temp drop here to initiate pinning.) Make sure your water is sterile!

After being dunked, roll the cakes in sterile verm and birth the cakes into your terrarium. The PF tek link above has a ghetto terrarium set-up, but the better your airflow is, the faster you'll have mature mushies...

Happy trails, Happy shrooming, and Happy growing!

weretheshit.com is the shit!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: Fastest way to harvest. [Re: pcubmycol]
    #4346931 - 06/28/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

very nice info, thanks

"The only easy day was yesterday"

Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Fastest way to harvest. [Re: Silverr]
    #4347150 - 06/28/05 04:46 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Yup, I did the above and harvested two 1/2 pint cakes of EQ in not 11 days but 15. One was 52 grams wet and the other was a new personal best for me with a cake, 71 grams wet.

If I were you though, I wouldn't worry so much about speed. I would check into spawning to poo. Your yields will more then make up for the loss in speed. I only use cakes now for testing LC's.

Good Luck.

Peace,Love,Happiness and Harmony.
:heart: Hippie Chick  :mushroom2:

Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse

My First Pans

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation