Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
First time grow
    #4346659 - 06/28/05 02:17 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Well, the time has come for me to start my first grow. Ive been lurking on this board for about 4 years now and ive just finally found my way into the right enviorment to start my experiment. I plan on using the PF tek method to fruit about 5 cakes and im going to try and do one casing as well. Just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this great site since it's inception, im really excited about this and hopefully ill be able to borrow my friends digi cam to document my process. Thanks again guys, hopefully things will go smoothly!

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: First time grow [Re: coda]
    #4346671 - 06/28/05 02:24 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

4 years wow:eek: 5 cakes huh, sounds like a good amount for your first time. GL man:thumbup:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

Invisiblepeeper
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: First time grow [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4346695 - 06/28/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Good for you. I did the same thing just not for 4 years. I ran into problems later on, when I tried different things so I just posted here and got my problems resolved. people here are great! Good luck!

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First time grow [Re: peeper]
    #4346936 - 06/28/05 03:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

welcome aboard coda FINALLY! :smile:

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4347031 - 06/28/05 04:10 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks guys, i just got back from wally land and im about to start preparing my substrate.  Couldnt find BRF so i had to grind my own, thank god the grinder was cheap.  Im just happy to get finally started on this project, you all are right, 4 years is a LONG ass time to wait :wink:

Question tho, i couldnt find any opaque containers for my incubater.  Im using the TiT method, can i just double layer some black garbage bags over it?

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

OfflineShiin
Orthodox Christian

#4347123 - 06/28/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yea i dont see a problem using them, its worked for others.

--------------------

Respect...............

Everything I state is strickly false information.

"I do not take drugs, I am drugs" Salvador Dali

God destroyeth the wisdom of the wise, by the foolishness of preaching, and calleth not the wise, mighty, and noble, but the foolish, weak, and men of no account.

1 Corinthians 1:27

OfflineTrip_Messiah
شځﯓﭽﮡ
 User Gallery

Loc: Bowels of the under earth
    #4347143 - 06/28/05 04:44 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I wrapped a garbage bag around my top tub to ensure that no light would get in. Since then I have spray painted it black and it's much less of a hassle. You may want to look into doing that.

--------------------
TRIP Messiah

Sexy Devil Entertainment

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time grow [Re: Trip_Messiah]
    #4347320 - 06/28/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yah, what i think im gonna end up doing is just incubating these jars with my TiT setup with the garbage bags and then just turn the clear containers i have into my PMP and go out and buy some opaque containers when wally world restocks.

Welp, im almost there, finished the substrate and im currently PCing the jars. However, i dont think im PCing right, i cant get the damn "rocker" thing to jiggle, lots of steam but no movement. I have managed to give myself a nasty steam burn. Does anyone have or have used the mirro 12 qt PC? The thing i dont get about it is the vent valve has threads halfway up but none on the bottom. Am i supposed to just screw it all the way down past threads, or am i supposed to leave it on the threads. Also, since im not sure this thing is PCing correctly, will the steam and heat built up inside be enough, or am i going to have to re PC the jars?

thanks for all the help!

BTW just for fun i san'd the shit out of my hands and kitchen and inoc'ed a jar without pasteruizing it. I just wanted to see if i could get a clean jar without having to PC or sterilize it, the pressure cooker things seems like such a hassle, is steaming easier and just as effective?

--------------------

-JG

OfflineTrooper454420
Stranger
    #4347383 - 06/28/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I do happen to have the mirro 12qt pc. you should be using all three weights on the top, and you will notice it rocking and steam emmiting from the top while doing pc'ing correctly. One problem that mine has is that steam comes out that little v-shaped vent in the side. Im not talking about the emergency vent its the other one. what i do to fix this is take a knife and force out each of the slots until steam stops coming out from the side. after that, the top thing starts rocking and steam with come out there.
i think i have a problem with my gasket, but after figuring out my little trick, the pc works properly and i have no more contam problems. you might want to re pc your jars as i cooked a few karo lc's without fixing my pc and they all got contams. as far as steaming vs pc'ing, my only advice is that you already have your pc so you might as well use it

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time grow [Re: Trooper454420]
    #4347401 - 06/28/05 06:21 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm ill have to look into that, do you keep the little ball thing on the threads or do you let it go all the way to the bottom of the vent valve? What a shame that i wasted some time on it, looks like ill have to re pc.

--------------------

-JG

OfflineTrooper454420
Stranger
    #4347480 - 06/28/05 06:51 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

uhhh. my ball thing comes apart, so i bet yours does too. i just keep it together all the time since the whole thing sets the pc to 15lbs.im at work now but ill go home and see whats up with it as i can't directly remember right now

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First time grow [Re: Trooper454420]
    #4347512 - 06/28/05 07:03 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

thanks i appreciate it, im not concerened with the actual ball, but more as to where it should sit on the vent valve. I think im gonna noc 2 of those jars as some more test jars and re PC the rest when i get some more info as to why my PC isnt working correctly. Im a little miffed that i spent 60 bucks on the damn thing brand new and it wont work out of the box. Trial and error is a big part of all this tho i spose, thanks for all the help!

--------------------

-JG

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #4348368 - 06/28/05 11:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

ah, finally got it, ran it through some tests (and another burn, ouch) and finally figured out how to get it to work.  Im gonna PC again, should be done right this time.  Too bad i got inpatient and noc'ed 3 of the "steamed" jars.  Although it will be an interesting test, one jar not past'ized, three jars "steamed", and two jars PC'ed properly.  Lets see what happens :smile:

--------------------

-JG

OfflineTrooper454420
Stranger
    #4356042 - 06/30/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

good to hear you got it working and dont need my help anymore :wink:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation