Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiblys
Stranger
Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice
    #4346029 - 06/28/05 04:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

UPDATE: Upon weighing them, I have 12.4 g.

Hey all, Australian poster reportin'.

First of all, I really am the newest of newbies when it comes to this whole 'drugs' business. I'm just starting to make some contacts, and I've only had 3 psychedelic experiences. Basically folks, I just did my first 'deal', and I want to ask you guys whether what I got sold looks like the real deal in the right quantity.

I've been sold a baggie containing what I'm assured is enough for 11 trips on psilocybe cyanascens, but I don't know what the weight is (I need to get myself some scales). Here are some photos of the baggie, I took a few so as to give you some idea of exactly how much substance we're talking about here.

This might sound stupid, but in case it's not clear, that matchbox is slightly longer than a AA battery. If that helps with scale. Also, the key pictured, is a big fuckoff security key, not a regular one.

You can see it's crushed/powdered dried shrooms, there are a few bits and pieces (stems and caps) in there though. Now like I said, I know DICK about all of this, but to me this just seems like a small quantity of substance. Like, if I split this 11 ways, I have this fear that fucking nothing would happen to anyone who took a 'dose'.

So what does it look like to you learned ppl? Am I worrying unreasonably? Does this look like a reasonable amount of the substance?

Also, is this a really completely fucking unreasonable question and should I just go out and buy some scales.

Much thanks in advance.

Edited by iblys (07/15/05 12:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: iblys]
    #4346034 - 06/28/05 04:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

welcome to the shroomery :cool:

the best you can do is buy a scale :thumbup:
There's no way I can tell what the weight is of that baggie. It's possible that it's 10g but it could be less...or more.. you just can't tell from a pic, you really need a scale.
Ps cyans are strong so 1g will do fine for a good solid trip. I think you can compare 1g of it to 3g of the ususal P. Cubensis mushroom.

oh and if you store them crackerdry in an airtight container you can save them for a really long time too :laugh:

OfflineJRowe
Stranger
Loc: San Diego
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: iblys]
    #4346037 - 06/28/05 04:40 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

ewww wtf is that look like a few alright looking mushroom caps no greater than a gram in weight and the rest looks like dried up meal worms and other junk mixed together that must weight like 10-15 grams?? if those were shrooms then possiblly 3-5 trips depending on potency but I highly doubt those r legit I dunno they just look really disgusting

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: JRowe]
    #4346056 - 06/28/05 04:56 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

*powdered shrooms
*Ps Cyans are way stronger than cubes so you get more trips per weight.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4346391 - 06/28/05 10:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

it does look like roughly 10 doses to me, but as stefan said, its very hard to tell from a picture. did the dealer not tell you how much it was supposed to weigh?

i've only tried cyans once, and 2g of them gave me a very strong trip. i think an average dose would be around 1-1.5g. so get some scales, and then measure out doses.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: alsey]
    #4346650 - 06/28/05 12:11 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Get yourself a scale. You have mostly shake there, and it's pretty much impossible to eye out how much you want to munch.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineShroomyTunes
psychedeliac

Loc: Ontario
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4347482 - 06/28/05 04:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

just dont munch too much the first time. If you want to go further the next time you always can.

I also might have heard somewhere that a tablespoon of powdered shrooms is about a gram, my memory could serve me wrong though.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: ShroomyTunes]
    #4347829 - 06/28/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was thinking you had 2 caps in a bag of weed.

you're not as inexperienced of a n00b as me at least.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: leery11]
    #4347980 - 06/28/05 07:35 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you really gotta buy yourself a scale. no way to judge that, but it doesn't look like you got ripped off, assuming all that shake is mushrooms.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4348820 - 06/28/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey man.
Im in Australia too and those look more like subs to me, although its practically impossible to tell, ive never heard of people selling cyans in Aus. Im not sure whether you have seen one, but you know a pill bag? Those little small baggys that people use to carry pills. Well i had one of them pretty full of the exact same powder that you have, and that was a low level 3 trip for 3 people. Considering im 6"3' and 200 pounds, it got me tripping pretty hard. By the look of it, if you want a nice strong trip id divide that bewteen 7-10 depending on how you feel, but again reiterating what everyone else has said, get some scales they are invaluable when you start buying this kinda stuff.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
    #4349894 - 06/29/05 08:47 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

try not to buy powdered stuff like that if you can help it. too easy to rip someone off.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

Offlineiblys
Stranger
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: soochi]
    #4354490 - 06/30/05 06:44 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys.

Okay, next question, what stores can I buy scales at? Melb / Aus reporting.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

#4354508 - 06/30/05 06:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

http://users.bigpond.net.au/nutriflo/misc.htm#weigh

the Deering scales you see there are good for weighing shrooms and substances. I have the deering 10g and am very happy with it. if you google it you could be able to find it cheaper (maybe)

Offlineiblys
Stranger
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: stefan]
    #4354514 - 06/30/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks but I really need to know what STORES I can buy this at, like what retail joints I can go to. I need them ASAP.

Offlinetehborderican
Stranger
    #4358183 - 07/01/05 02:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

smoke shops will sell scales most of the time..their called smoke shopes..and the bongs and pipes say..for tobacco use only..give me a break lol..u can find weed grinders and scales in most of em too

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: tehborderican]
    #4358399 - 07/01/05 03:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

you can also buy scales at places like office max or staples. they are next to the envelopes and shit cause they are "envelope scales". They are pretty cheap too but not nearly as acurate as a digital scale.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #4358528 - 07/01/05 04:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I'd be pissed off as fuck if someone gave me that shit.  I guess sprinkle it on a burger or something but that's bullshit that they sold you that crap.

Then again, they already grinded it up for ya so you can put it in gel caps :grin:

get a scale and measure out 3.5grams.  That's enough for a good trip :smile:

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: Cracka_X]
    #4359606 - 07/01/05 12:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

3.5 grams would be a lot. Start off with 1g.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4360539 - 07/01/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"get a scale and measure out 3.5grams. That's enough for a good trip"

great advice to give a noob shroomer, 3.5g of cyans? he'll never want to trip on shrooms again.

i haven't seen cyans for sale in Australia before, good find! i'm buying myself some scales too, have a bunch of cubies drying and need to sort out some doses.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Offlineiblys
Stranger
Re: Incredibly inexperienced noob buys mushrooms for 1st time, seeks advice [Re: ajna]
    #4406369 - 07/15/05 12:05 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Okay guys, I have 12.4 grams. That works out to roughly 1.1g a trip. I'm 90% sure I want to take more than this. Please advise.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies