Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Am I safe to Trip?
    #4345730 - 06/28/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

(this is about doing LSA, don't let my mention of DXM later confuse you)
I hesitate making this because people will probably say no.

As far as I know, I do not have mental illness... I was once called schizotypal after spending 10 whole minutes with a psychiatrist, but the diagnosis (i believe) was based upon personality.

as for history of mental illness in the family, just depression.

I'm an active explorer of the dream realms and have had scarier stuff in dreams happen than I imagine could ever happen on moderate (non dissociative) drug states....

However... I trip really hard on pot, usually lots of colored visuals. I employ meditation while on pot, energy raising, etc... and sometimes the chakra sensations are just "too much" in that they literally "explode" somehow...... and I can't really prevent this once it starts happening, though it doesn't seem to happen any more. (it hurts and is unnerving and scary)

I've done low doses of DXM, and never really tripped... my main "concern" really, aside from the potential of freaking out, is persisting hallucinations... I use drugs for somewhat spiritual reasons and as far as "visuals" go I make steady progress, that does not end... meaning if it's late at night and I go lie in a dark room.. I'm treated to a light show regardless of how sober I am... I still see little trippy 2D flowers when I close my eyes sometimes, which I first saw (to my amazement) on my first time toking up (which was about 2-3 months ago)

it seems like the after effects (odd leg sensations) of DXM have worn off though after just about a week though, so that's good....

I don't know... I want nothing more, and have for some time... to have a psychedelic experience, I am planning on doing a "common" dose of LSA, probably about 200-250 seeds, and from reading trip reports it does not sound too bad or immersive at that dose, but I may well make up 250 initially and only do half, and do the rest 2 hours later if I don't feel satisfied.

It's just that I get paranoid about people watching me, etc, and absolutely no one I know would be a suitable trip sitter... nor do I have any loved ones or friends that I can talk to if I'm having a bad time, because my only friend that does drugs is a raving lunatic and would probably deliberately mess with me (hes one of those masculine lets get fucked up... do heroin and shrooms and get drunk all at once kind of people [he hated acid though]).... and my close friends are celibate as nuns....of course my parents are a lifeline but i'd just scare the hell out of them and worry that they'd call the police on me thinking I'm going to die (and no i will not be worried about dying)

so.

What are your opinions? I'm a fairly lonely person, but I'm hoping to get some perspective upon my personality and how to better myself while tripping in the first place.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (06/28/05 01:23 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: leery11]
    #4345822 - 06/28/05 01:45 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well, you have been reading and that is good. Keep reading and researching. It will help you in your future journeys.

Now, you show interest in LSA... and you have experience (bad) with DXM, and (good) with pot.

I'm going to make the assumption that you are young, for a Shroomerite.

Now, if you are young, like still in your teens... there is no reason to be chomping on LSA seeds... just wait. Shrooms or LSD will cross your path one day. These things tend to find the people they want to find... :wink:

Still seeds are legal, and if you are going to trip on them TAKE THE NAUSEA WARNINGS SERIOUSLY. It is best to do a full extract, or remove the husks. Especially, if you wish for your trip to remain discrete. Eat the whole seed, and you will know the meaning of nausea. Some things aren't meant to swallow.

You sound like you may have a LOW tolerance (and sane or insane, your mindset has been effected by being diagnosed schitzo... so you can plan on addressing THAT issue while you trip... that said, I imagine your trip could be VERY theraputic...). Start with a VERY (50-75 seeds...?) low dose, and see if you feel ANYTHING. You do NOT want to overshoot, your first time out. Trust me. Worst case, you discover your tollerance isn't amazingly high... which will help your mindset for the next journey.

Then, try 100-125 seeds, and see what happens.

Then, try more if you MUST... but remember, LSA is hard on the stomach, a 12 hour trip can be ETERNAL until you come down... especially n00bs, you have a mental wild-card thrown in, and you have a LOW pot tolerance.

It seems you can practice tripping on pot. Good for you, I like to do that too. :smile:

I suggest you just keep smoking pot, until something more palatable crosses your path... but, if you MUST trip on LSA, and, if you're going to trip anyway, no matter what, make sure you extract and/or remove the husks... start SMALL, trip safe, trip smart, keep reading about tripping... study some essential links in the Tripper's FAQ (in my signature line), and let us know how it goes.

Good luck with your decision.

p.s. The things you see with your eyes closed... that is odd, but not anything I would worry about... of course, such vicions can and likely will increase for a while after your first trip... some people enjoy them, others don't... but you WILL NOT mistake a bus for a chipmunk... I promise.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: Rose]
    #4345900 - 06/28/05 02:28 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

if your gonna experiment with LSA i'd recommend hbwr ,there alot easier to handle...and quite abit more potent(usually)...so be more careful....

as far as the metal issue....i was "told" i had some recurring Psychosis or something,and i DO infact have the symptoms,but i just live with it as part of me...actually kinda positive about it.....

and it's never treated me bad...no bad tripping here....but I've ALSO been told my outlook on said Psychosis is really odd...so who knows...

stay safe man....maybe try that chat thing here if you need someone to talk to...

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4347008 - 06/28/05 02:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I totally know what you mean by tripping on pot. I do not know alot of chakra but I know of the 7 chakra and I think when smoking I can open some of them up and this is what makes me trip. I still need to do alot of investigation into the topic though.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4347221 - 06/28/05 03:13 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:

Now, you show interest in LSA... and you have experience (bad) with DXM

no not bad, i just do not like feeling like I'm still "leg drunk" 3 days after taking a dose that barely got me high, but admittedly I had done it 4 times within the past week or so because I couldn't get doses high enough to work on me (90 mg, 90mg, 160... then finally 208)
Quote:

I'm going to make the assumption that you are young, for a Shroomerite.

I'm almost 20, I guess that may be young.

Quote:

Shrooms or LSD will cross your path one day. These things tend to find the people they want to find... :wink:

I really don't like breaking the law... when I try to call up my guy for weed I get nervous and my heart beats like crazy.... once I get the stuff and relax I usually say "see that was fine and you didn't get caught" but the last thing I need, especially given that I'm (sort of) pursuing a career in psychology, is a criminal record.

Quote:

It is best to do a full extract, or remove the husks.

the problem is i can't find petroleum ether and everclear, and I don't want to kill myself trying to use zippo fluid and evaporating it off.... but yes I am worried a lot about the nausea and I can't get any pot right now to help me out with it.....

Anyway.... I also can't stand smoking pot, I have asthma (which is great because pot helps asthma) but withdrawing off of pot seems to make the asthma flare up... and the smoking is killer on my chest and throat, and I believe it gave me a chronic chest cold which I still haven't totally gotten over, plus my apartment smells perma-smoky which isn't cool.... I can't really afford decent vaporizers and despite many potheaded claims, I don't necessarily think the home made light bulb vaporizers are safe to use, especially because of the straws.... and.... I can't really afford enough pot to make brownies or anything, and it would smell up the entire apartment's outside hallway given the location of my stove.

i get crazy paranoid on that stuff worrying about police some times too (probably because i smoked it every day though to the point where it lost relaxation properties)

thanks for the advice though, if i start with a small amount of seeds can i take more after a certain period of time if i don't feel anything?

summary: Breaking the law makes me needlessly scared, anxious, paranoid, and I have a semi-nice car and worry the guys I buy from might rob me, though they seem real cool and give me way more than I ask them for for reasonable prices.

i live in a state that is real hillbilly xanax, hydrocodone, meth, coke, weed, etc.... we aren't into psychedelics at all... so I don't know about finding shrooms or lucy.... odds are against me given my lack of contacts.

as an addendum... i'm also getting 10x salvia and 7g of amanitas (which i want to smoke because its supposed to be kind of like pot if you smoke them) with the morning glory.... i've done salvia foliage before but with little effects, and have never done amanitas.

edit 2: oh and i downloaded leary's "turn on, tune in, drop out" (not necessarily in that order) .... is it okay to listen to on a first LSA trip (especially since its for LSD) or would it freak me out? One of the tracks is even called "freaking out" but I don't want to listen to it sober to ruin any surprises and dramatic effects it might have.

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

Edited by leery11 (06/28/05 03:20 PM)

OfflineDubSak
jigga what

Loc: Dublin, CA
    #4347472 - 06/28/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

plain and simple: If there is any doubt in your mind that you will be able to handle it, dont do it.

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: DubSak]
    #4347620 - 06/28/05 05:27 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I think everyone has a little doubt or worry in their mind before their first trip.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4347680 - 06/28/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

It is perfectly normal to have some doubts before your first trip. That's what tripping is all about: pushing you past where you thought you could go, and breaking down your doubts about yourself, reality, your community, etc. I agree with Cervantes that it seems like you're on the right path. My advice is to keep reading and researching, and eventually you'll know that you're ready. Don't worry too much about putting it off for a while if you don't feel prepared. You've got your whole life to trip, so make sure you're mentally, physically, and emotionally prepared for a truly incredible experience.

I would advise you to stay away from amanitas since they can be pretty intense. They are NOTHING like psilocybin, so don't expect a "normal" mushroom trip. They can be very harsh and mentally jarring, and I personally don't recommend them to someone who has never tripped. If you don't have any contacts for mushrooms or LSD and if it's feasable in your situation, grow some P. cubensis. It will be one of the best experiences of your life, culminating in a first trip that you truly deserve. Hopefully, you can find some like-minded individuals to help you out in your search.

Have fun and good luck,
DHarp

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: harpd]
    #4347802 - 06/28/05 06:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

re: amanitas... I gather there is a substantial difference between a smoked trip (like pot but more "focused") and an ingested trip (which sounds a little too intense)

re: growing... yes I could, but I'd be overly worried about getting caught, I serously doubt that would happen, but if it did the results would undoubtedly be disasterous. I know 2 people that like to trip, I asked them about shrooms once and they said I shouldn't do them (basing this on how I react to pot) .... and I don't really feel "secure" around them... I'm not very close to them... they go out in the mountains and take "20" shrooms (i don't know how this is possible unless what they have is really weak) and stuff, and doing that with them would be pretty awkward.... they also pick their own and I don't know if they know enough about shrooms to pick safely in the first place....

it also seems like they mainly just hang out with me to bum weed off me but I'm not sure..... they just aren't the ideal guys to trip with.. not yet anyway.

--------------------

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #4347938 - 06/28/05 07:24 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ya don't trip with anyone you feel uneasy around. That would not lead in a good direction.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: Tangerines]
    #4347966 - 06/28/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

If you don't feel comfortable around those fellas, don't trip with them. I was just saying it would be a good place to start if you're trying to buy some mushrooms instead of growing them. If you don't trust them to pick mushrooms for you, check out the mushroom hunting forum and do some research so you can pick them yourself. By the way you should never measure your dose by how many mushrooms you're eating. Weigh out your dose by grams so that you know exactly what you're putting into your body. Also, mushrooms are generally sold after they've been dried for preservation, but if you're picking them in the wild, they will be fresh, so the dosage will be considerably higher (3.5 grams dry = approximately 30 grams fresh). Just keep reading and you'll figure out what's best for you.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: harpd]
    #4348039 - 06/28/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i've had very mixed results with morning glories. i wouldn't take them for your first trip, you'd be much better off with mushrooms.

it sounds like you're in a good area for picking mushrooms, look around on this site for info on that. theres a list of active mushrooms for each state in the mushroom hunting section. get the names of the active ones, look up pictures and descriptions of them, specifically what they grow on, and go searching for them. when you find something that could be active, post it in the hunting forum and people there will ID it for you just to be sure.

as long as you're careful and responsible, you're not going to get into any trouble picking mushrooms.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4348228 - 06/28/05 08:58 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i'm not sure if i'm in a good area or not, these guys actually went out of state to pick..... (i think?) but they also said something about old farmers that loved to trip shrooms, which may be in state.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/28/05 08:58 PM)

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4348327 - 06/28/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

well don't forget, states are just imaginary lines. usually if something grows in one state, it usually grows in the ones next to it too.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Am I safe to Trip? [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4348513 - 06/28/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes but i don't think i'm even remotely qualified to or would feel safe collecting mushrooms.... i mean, you just drive out in the middle of nowhere and try to find cow fields? sure there is tons of "Nowhere" around here, and tons and tons and tons of cows... but I can't even envision why a farmer would say "Sure you can search for mushrooms on my field" wouldn't he be abetting an illegal activity?

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4348664 - 06/28/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You have paranoia issues.

That isn't bad, in fact, for 19, you are right on schedule. :wink:

Trust your instincts, but remember you create your own reality.

Take the husks off of your seeds.

Start small.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4348741 - 06/28/05 10:49 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

do i really need to take the husks off if i'm going to do a water extraction? and yes i do have paranoia issues... its hard not to when you look at the US prison system/laws

you can actually be put to death by a federal court for dealing drugs in certain circumstances.

i am looking forward to doing this though and i think it should be okay.... i'm getting kind of impatient though with nothing  :bong: to tide me over.

--------------------

Edited by leery11 (06/28/05 10:50 PM)

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4348747 - 06/28/05 10:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Are you a drug dealer?

:tongue:

You don't NEED to... but if LSA is your only option, and it is a LONG trip, you will prefer NOT barfing. :wink:

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#4348780 - 06/28/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

i was just explaining how fucked up America is.... i'm sure most of us know that already though :wink:

yes i will prefer not barfing... i thought you would regardless of the seed husks... but yeah then i'll definitely do that.

of course i'm lying about all of this and don't ever do drugs, the strongest thing i need is BC Headache powder.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

#4348800 - 06/28/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I lie all the time too...

Husks cause most of the stomach pain... but tripping itself, can and will cause mental nausea... however this type of nausea is not physical, and therefore... easier to swim through.

The leary album would be great for the first part of your trip.

And remember... paranoia will destroy ya'

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck