Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Propoganda...
    #429135 - 10/18/01 02:41 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"Attention Taliban! You are condemned. Did you know that? The instant the terrorists you support took over our planes, you sentenced yourselves to death. The Armed Forces of the United States are here to seek justice for our dead. Highly trained soldiers are coming to shut down once and for all Osama bin Laden's ring of terrorism, and the Taliban that supports them and their actions.

"Our forces are armed with state of the art military equipment. What are you using, obsolete and ineffective weaponry? Our helicopters will rain fire down upon your camps before you detect them on your radar. Our bombs are so accurate we can drop them right through your windows. Our infantry is trained for any climate and terrain on earth. United States soldiers fire with superior marksmanship and are armed with superior weapons.

"You have only one choice ... Surrender now and we will give you a second chance. We will let you live. If you surrender no harm will come to you. When you decide to surrender, approach United States forces with your hands in the air. Sling your weapon across your back muzzle towards the ground. Remove your magazine and expel any rounds. Doing this is your only chance of survival."

Not sure I agree with this... Pentagon claims this is what they are broadcasting in Afghanistan. Although if it helps destroy the Taliban quicker, not sure I can disagree.

--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePGF
square

Loc: Malaysia
Re: Propoganda... [Re: MokshaMan]
    #429361 - 10/18/01 01:02 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

They should make it scarier . . .
You know, talk about dissemboweling their cihldren and shit . . .

--------------------
***The Real Shroomery nigger

OfflineEverlast
enthusiast
Loc: UK
Re: Propoganda... [Re: PGF]
    #429677 - 10/18/01 06:25 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

We all know that's gonna happen anyway. Best just to drop food for them instead, that way the government doesn't look as guilty.

I'm absolutely ecstatic that we're also having the odd miscalculated bombing over there too.

"Oh, I put the decimal point in the wrong place on the co-ords for that strike, silly me."

I don't think my opinion on this subject is ever in chord with the majority of the users here, but it feels so good to be able to say that I hope we fucking nail those cunts so bad that they don't even dare take a shit without our permission. They gave up their right to respect a long time ago.

Anyways, I'm not a troll (just found out the definition of one) and I'm not posting this to get a bad response from a pacifist or something, so if you're of that nature just ignore me. I just wanted the chance to say what I did.

I'd say if they had half a clue about the capabilities of the Western world those guys would find that propaganda scary enough. PGF is right though, I think that they're more likely to understand and fear descriptions of nasty, brutal and inhumane acts rather than boasts of power as understanding the power and technology of some of the newer weapons is beyond the average humans comprehension, let alone that of people who fight with rocks and AK's.

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: Propoganda... [Re: Everlast]
    #431028 - 10/19/01 11:08 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Propaganda is what the US media feeds us every day... you never get a leftist view. God forbid we ever actually heard someone with a divergent opinion... Shit, we can't hardly get a Democrat view. A recent study showed that Fox network had 8 times as many Republicans interviewed on the news as Democrats. Even the Democrats are 'centrists'.

America likes to brag about it's freedoms, but they don't allow much difference of opinion. Republicans even call Democrats un-American... Everyone knows this. A person almost feels compelled to have a flag on their car... You know every Democrat will have to wave a flag... Or they won't get any money with which to buy elections...

Edited by ElPrimo (10/19/01 11:14 PM)

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
    #431469 - 10/20/01 01:42 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

The state/corporate control of your media is far worse than most EU countries. Channels like CNN etc are just a joke, and the governemnt has been openly trying to censor Voice of America, the public funded radio channel, which should have editorial freedom. They have similarly spoken to all media moguls here in the UK because of 'concerns' over coverage. Indymedia is a good place to get news on the web, although their public newswire is open to anyone so you do get a few odd peices.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

InvisibleMokshaMan
enthusiast
Re: Propoganda... [Re: mm.]
    #431503 - 10/20/01 02:22 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I have sattelite tv(not one of those little dishes, one of the big ass dishes(it's my landlords)), I get most of my news from BBC, ABC(Australian), CTV(Canadian), CNN, and RTCiP(Portuguesse, my wife speaks the language and is trying to make me learn) channels on tv. From the web, I tend to go to salon and the hourses mouth(Pentagon's web site and several sites from the middle east translated to English). I just love how people consider the BBC to be so much less biased when it is supported by the government, I mean at least CNN isn't paid for by the US government. Wish I understood Arabiac and got Al Jazerra, but I don't. I'm admitedly a news junkie(although I only read USAtoday and a local press newspaper). I find that Indymedia is an extremely left leaning group. Just a different bias. Thus far I have to say the Australian news agency seem to be some of the least biased as does salon... but that's just my point of view. I mean they've been the first to report a number of things in English. I was for a while reading a couple Spanish sites, but the news is more or less the same as the RTCiP and BBC.

--------------------
Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness.
-- George Owell

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
    #431582 - 10/20/01 04:09 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"I mean at least CNN isn't paid for by the US government. "

No but almost as bad if not worse..... it is supported by big business.. companies take a dim view of anyone not supporting their right to exploit others around the world. Although CNN is much better than most. RW Wackos call it the Communist News network. LOL

Whereas channels like FOX that openly cater to bias conservative news are rolling in money from their corporate sponsers.

Freedom of the press my ass. Long as you have a 100 million dollars to start one, I reckon.

Offlinegrom
Stranger

Re: Propoganda... [Re: ElPrimo]
    #433671 - 10/22/01 08:37 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

People should have a look at the books 'toxic sludge is good for you' and 'trust us, we're experts', full of corporate bullshit to read about.

--------------------
Mangoat clean up your hairy mess!

OfflineElvish
enthusiast
Re: Propoganda... [Re: grom]
    #434572 - 10/23/01 08:03 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Anyone ever read 'the Onion'?
Now THAT is journal jism at it's BEST!!
yeeha!
i love the part about hollowing out the (dead) 'terrorists' and using them as condoms for a thorny cocked demon...
...ahhh...the simple pleasures of life.

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: Propoganda... [Re: Elvish]
    #434699 - 10/23/01 09:21 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Yes... but the Onion's may have gone corporate. They used to operate out of some backwater place like Wiscosin. Student types doing their own thing. But around a year ago they took a bunch of dough and moved to New York City.

Some folks were upset that their journalistic freedom might be constrained. But the moneymen didn't let that stand in their way.

Money runs this world....

OfflineDeckard

#434728 - 10/23/01 09:44 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

now now, Wisconsin isn't some "backwater place." Get a bunch of Packer fans with cheeseheads on and everyone thinks we're a bunch of fat beer guzzling idiots. Anyway... the onion didn't move to New York, its main offices are still in Madison, Wisconsin.

I also don't know how you can restrain their journalistic freedom... it doesn't really report news; its meant to be satire, based on current events. They do, however; have serious interviews as well as music, movie, and book reviews.

I don't know if the Onion costs anything in other cities, but its free in Wisconsin (at least I can pick one up most anywhere in Milwaukee or Madison). As far as I know it only costs money to get a subscription sent thru the mail. They have always had tons of ads in their paper to keep it free.

check http://www.theonion.com if you wanna read some funny stuff.

Edited by Deckard (10/23/01 09:49 PM)

Offlinecyclone
Stranger
Loc: northern N.C.
    #440814 - 10/29/01 02:56 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Primo The "study" you refer to was by a group named FAIR. A rather left leaning organization so it is pretty much a joke. If you want a Democrat news channel, just watch any of the others.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #444067 - 10/31/01 11:03 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Never a leftist view? Never a Democrat view? Are you watching the same media as me, Primo?

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineElPrimo
journeyman
Re: Propoganda... [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #445089 - 11/02/01 06:33 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

"now now, Wisconsin isn't some "backwater place."

LOL... sorry about that fellow. And I actually have a denim shirt with a Packer logo and I really like Bret Favre... And I'd tend to think Wiscosin is all right since they did go for Gore.
Of course something about the name Joe McCarthy tends to damper my enthusiasm a little.. :-)

"I also don't know how you can restrain their journalistic freedom... it doesn't really report news; its meant to be satire, based on current events. "

Well, I'm all for satire and sometimes do it about my Boss since he's somewhat of a well known blowhard. But I don't do it where he can read it...... I suspect that's true of most employees...

And I know that the study was done by FAIR. And I also know that rather than debating the facts, it is often easier to slander or personally attack the messenger.

The study was clear ... over a 5 month period on Fox Networks signature political news show of the 56 partisan guests, 50 were Republican and 6 were Democrats. 89%

What's more, beyond being just 'Republican', during the course of the study 71% were identified as 'avowed conservatives'. Additionally, out of 92 guests, the make up was 91 percent male and 93% White.

The next claim you'll make is that this just offsets the liberal press. Well, the same study at the same time, was taken
on CNN 'Wolf Blitzer Reports'. 57% percent of their guests were partisan Republicans. Hardly a left wing bias.... And as I already said, most of the Democrats are pretty conservative nowadays.

Sometimes I wonder just how much I am being brainwashed... conditioned to think a certain way...

Edited by ElPrimo (11/02/01 06:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies