Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewaixingren
Male User Gallery

Loc: SW Florida
Trusted Cultivator
Baby cube? accidental grow.
    #4345069 - 06/27/05 09:52 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, this is confusing me because its just weird. i have this little "ecosystem" in my room, its pretty much just dirt millipedes tiny palm trees, and some native woodloving mushrooms that seem to thrive in my room.

so the reason for this post is this tiny little baby mushroom.

Does that look like a tiny tiny little cube to anyone else? its about .25" tall. This is the third time a mushroom like this has shown up in this terrarium. There is no common cube nutrient in this little box so i have no idea what its growing from if it is a cube. just dirt, rotted palm wood, palm seeds/plants, and millipedes.

those pics are 3 days old, i came home today to find it there almost dead. i picked it and cut it in half, and punch me in the face if it didnt bruise blue. i mean its tiny so its hard to tell and it could just be bruising rotten. It dried quite quickly because its soo small but i used a magifying glass and it looks closer to blue than any other color.

as you can see in the pic that thing is growing straight off the wood. it was on there good, it ripped above the base when i yanked it. the others i saw in there (months ago) were burried in the dirt and came up right on the edge of the tub, its clear so of course it pinned where the light comes in. i dont think the myc system of this little guy is feeding on the wood. so is it possible that the myc is actually absorbing nutes from the poo of the insects? This is nuts...

--waixingren

EDIT: me being a big dummy i forgot to mention, a few months back i injected some left over spore solution into there just for kicks...im guessing thats the source of the growth.

--------------------

Edited by waixingren (06/27/05 10:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Baby cube? accidental grow. [Re: waixingren]
    #4345078 - 06/27/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, it's getting nutrition from the wood matter. Crazy things happen when you have lots of spores floating around your place. I've had germination + fruits in some very unlikely areas as well, so it's very possible.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Baby cube? accidental grow. [Re: Holydiver]
    #4345171 - 06/27/05 10:30 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

talk about a bonus! now make a field of them :wink:

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Baby cube? accidental grow. [Re: lardnar]
    #4345189 - 06/27/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

that's great.  i have a compost/pig shit pile across my fence that i throw failed projects into hoping to one day find a miracle growth. :shroomer:

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale