Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejohnnylee
Stranger
Shrooms dont work for me
    #4344074 - 06/27/05 06:49 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have been messing with phyceldelic mushrooms for about the past 5 months. I have spent countless hours infront of my computer learing everything i can about them. I have then ordered spores from a website called microsporetech.com I got the ecaduor strain. I grew them according to the PF tek. The jars colonized, birthed them, and the mushrooms grew perfectly. When i finnally had a day all to myself i decided to try them. I first ate about 5 caps and stems dipped in honey, (they were fresh off the cakes), waited half an hour, nothing happend then i ate another handful about 15-20 smaller ones. Nothing really happend. the only difference i felt was a very peaceful trainquil feeling. I had no visuals what so ever. Its sure to say i was very dissapointed. Another day rolls around that i wanted to try them, i ate just about all my mushrooms i had on the cakes. i ate probably 2 ounces in wet weight. Still i had no visuals, just a calm peaceful felling. I have no idea what went wrong. I could only hypothisize, I wanted to eat mushrooms mostly to gain insight about my bipolar disorder. Maybe they didnt work because of that? Or is it because of years of presciption meds i took for bipolar? Or could it be because of the ecaduor strain?
I asked microsporetech about the mushrooms, they said the ecaduor strain only has psilocybin for 6 hours before it makes spores. So therefore picking time is very sensitive. I dont know if this is true, or that it could have effected my trip because, the second time i ate all the mushrooms, old and young.

Could somebody who knows alot about mushrooms answer my questions?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Trial by Madness
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Mahjong

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Shrooms dont work for me [Re: johnnylee]
    #4344109 - 06/27/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

are you taking lithium?

shrooms come on sorta like a manic episode at first. elation, euphoria, laughter.

this can be intense, but these particular effects would be nullified by lithium.

higher doses have visuals, generally tho, a normal dose with the usual rush is accompinied by fratal pattern that go hand in hand with the hyperactive feeling. perhaps lithium would also negate that.

it is possible that the overwhelming dosage required to obtain substantial (and rather disorienting) open-eye visuals and visual distortions would ALSO be nullified by lithium.

remember, lithium is a drug used to kill rushes of energy and excitement long-term to prevent the eventual crash.

i find mushrooms take you up and leave you slightly depressed afterward. probably if youre taking lithium, youre wasting mushrooms

--------------------

Offlineharpd
Passing By

#4344115 - 06/27/05 06:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If you're currently taking any SSRIs such as Zoloft or Paxil, these prescription drugs will significantly decrease the effectiveness of mushrooms. Do a search if you need more information; there have been a lot of threads about this topic.

Peace,
DHarp

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
    #4344254 - 06/27/05 07:38 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

well the reason they didnt work the first time is caus eyou had a tolerance built up. im guessing that the first time you probably didnt have an empty stomach and you dont know what weight you took.
so if you want to see if they work for you, have an empty stomach and eat about 4 grams. just be ready for a ride.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Shrooms dont work for me [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4344294 - 06/27/05 07:55 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

if you weren't on any meds then you just didnt eat enough. wet mushrooms are kind of deceiving, you need a lot more than than you do dry mushrooms. you should get a scale and actually weigh it out. eat 35 grams wet or 3.5 grams dry and i'm sure you'll trip. you may not get visuals, but you will trip. i didn't get visuals the first 5 times i tripped. they come eventually.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinejohnnylee
Stranger
Re: Shrooms dont work for me [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4344814 - 06/27/05 10:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the information, but i dont take lithium, i never have. I started out taking risperdal(antiphycotic) from about 14-16 yrs old. I stoped that because of side effects, then tried depakote(mood stabilizer) for a few months. Now im on trileptal(mood stabilizer) from 17-19, Im 19 right now. I also take seroquil every now and then when i get really manic, but i rarely use it. Before i tripped on mushrooms i stoped taking trileptal and seroquil like 2 weeks prior.

Edited by johnnylee (06/27/05 10:46 PM)

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #4345235 - 06/28/05 12:49 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

If I was bi-polar I wouldn't even think about using mushrooms. Mushrooms brings things from the inside of your head out. In your case you might have a bi-polar epidemic.

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shrooms dont work for me [Re: Stonerguy]
    #4345939 - 06/28/05 04:58 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

First off, its a terrible idea to take psychedelics with such a mental disorder. Shrooms and other psychedelics are KNOWN for exaggerating existing mental problems. Its terrible that you wont ever get to safely have a psychedelic experience, however, screwing up the next few years of your life(or possibly longer) is not worth it. Its doubtful that you'd find some form of insight about the disease, because, if anything, you would more than likely leave yourself in a worse state. BUT, its not necessarily any of my business...just giving some sound advice.

Anyway, you might want to stay off the drugs a bit longer...especially if you've been taking them for years. The longer you've been taking them, the more they are 'a part of you'. DON'T try it cold turkey. Slowly get away from them. You can severely hurt your mental stability by quitting anti-depressants and the like immediately.
They are surely a cause for concern when taking shrooms as they have been known to slightly(and even dramatically in some cases) decrease the effects. This could very well be your problem. Also, wet shroom weight is hard to measure. Effects can vary depending on dose.

There are SO many variables in this situation that its almost impossible to tell you exactly what the problem was. Also, you must remember that drugs effect different people differently. You cant be 100% sure how they'll affect you.

Anyway, be safe and have fun.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinejohnnylee
Stranger
ok [Re: Veter]
    #4348190 - 06/28/05 10:40 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

ok thanks anyways for the info

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: ok [Re: johnnylee]
    #4348312 - 06/28/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Sid Barrett says, "Hallucinogenic drugs have no permanent effect on metal stability!"

"Does anyone know what that 'Wish You Were Here' album was about?", he asks.

:hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno: :hypno:

Don't fuck with your brain chemicals, if your brain chemicals fuck with you!
  The enlightenment I feel after tripping comes from the 'manic/semi-psychotic/schizophrenic' state I'm in, and from coming back down from these states.

If you normally are in one of those or any similar state, then maybe your tripping all the time. I think that when you take those medications you mentioned you return to our baseline (or somewhere near).

If you want to trip you have to stop taking your meds, which is probably not a good idea.  :thumbdown:  At least that is always the way I've seen psychedelics, I would love to hear others opinions.

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

OfflineNyarlathotep
Hierophant

Loc: State Of Mind
    #4363315 - 07/02/05 04:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I have bipolar disorder, and I definately noticed that while on medication my trips were HIGHLY unusual. I either got very little effects, or it launched me into horrible, hyperintense bad trips. You know, you can ask your psych what he thinks about it. They don't usually criticize things like that.

--------------------
"Go soar with Plato to the empyreal sphere,
To the first good, first perfect, and first fair;
Or tread the mazy round his followers trod,
And quitting sense call imitating God."
-- Alexander Pope, "Essays On Man"

Offlinemtw397
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: PA
Re: Shrooms dont work for me *DELETED* [Re: Nyarlathotep]
    #4363834 - 07/02/05 07:12 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by mtw397

Reason for deletion: fff

--------------------

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Shrooms dont work for me [Re: mtw397]
    #4364257 - 07/02/05 09:35 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

so to sum up:

* your meds probably had an effect on the trip

* you were unsure of the actual weight and probably didn't take enough

* you probably shouldn't be tripping with bi-polar anyways.

Adding to these comments:

* Your shrooms may not have been very potent for whatever reason

* the comment about shrooms only having psilocybin before they drop spores is complete bullshit. I don't know who the hell told you that but they are dumb.

sorry, and good luck

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience