Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Sparassis crispa
    #4323557 - 06/22/05 01:35 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I found some big Sp.crispa growing on a conifer stump in a nearby forest. The dominant trees of this forest are Pinus sylvestris and Pinus pinea. I would like to try cultivating them but don?t really know what wood should I use. I?ve read that strains growing wild in conifer woods are specially difficult to cultivate if compared to those obtained from hardwood forests. Is it possible to acclimatize the strain to hardwood? Would it fruit from conifer sawdust and logs? What type of trees should I use (please, in latin name)?

Thanks

Saludos.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Re: Sparassis crispa [Re: Semilanceata]
    #4338688 - 06/26/05 07:57 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Nobody? Just tell me what you would do if you were me, no need to be an experienced Cauliflower shroom grower...I?m just looking for some ideas and if everything goes fine I?ll trade for sure  :thumbup:.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4338898 - 06/26/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

id try the conifer route.. just because it hasnt worked for some people doesnt mean it wont work... if you get good fruits off conifer the strain will actually be worth some money.. experiment, try sawdust/chips of the pine, or whatever native wood it grows on.. try mixed wood, just whatever you can get.. have you grown other wood lovers before? have you gotten this specimen into culture yet?
good luck and keep us posted

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Re: Sparassis crispa [Re: mattymonkey]
    #4339231 - 06/26/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I tried it once this past winter and it failed. I did a multispore inoculation on agar, then to grain, then to 10% wheat bran enriched pine sawdust then to contamination. I think water content was too high + bran=bacteria and the sawdust was way too fresh with a very dense resin smell. I?m gonna try with aged pine sawdust and hardwood, let see how it works out.

Thanks

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Edited by Semilanceata (06/26/05 01:04 PM)

Offlinemattymonkey
Feel Like aStranger...
 User Gallery

#4339245 - 06/26/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

actually i would recommend against pine... it seems high in turpinoidsor whatever and i dunno, just seems bad for mushies.. what about some sort of spruce or fir? aged pine sawdust may not have that bad stuff in it... keep tryin! thanks :smile:

oh also, on agar, when you are doing your multispore, you can supplement with some sawdust that you plan on fruiting on... just give it a headstart
gl

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4340220 - 06/26/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Try to clone with the base of the mushroom. I'd go with pine and pine
chips in a block and when its colonised I'd bury it in a place that it
was likely to fruit.

Still it  might be hard to clone with the base I've found them twice with hardwood and there was a lot of stuff mixed in with the base and the
leaves are very thin. Might be a good excuse to get some antibacterial agar. :smile:

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Re: Sparassis crispa [Re: falcon]
    #4342615 - 06/27/05 11:01 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

mattymonkey: How should I add the sawdust to the agar, adding it directly or adding a broth made out of the sawdust?

falcon: I didn?t clone cause found the shroom far away from home and didn?t carry any agar plates with me, so I?m working with spores. Good thing is that I can remember where I found it and with a little bit of good luck I might be able to clone one specimen next fall.

Thanks  :thumbup:

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale