Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The path to power...
    #4342086 - 06/27/05 05:53 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

The path to power lies in empowering others. ~Swami

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: The path to power... [Re: Swami]
    #4342089 - 06/27/05 05:54 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

really? i thought it would be the oposite? :shrug:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: The path to power... [Re: eligal]
    #4342101 - 06/27/05 06:17 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

You're right. Squash the fuckers under your thumb!  :blush:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #4342105 - 06/27/05 06:29 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Squash? I thought it was racketball! :stoned:

I seem to recall this theme before from you Swami. This time I'm going to agree! :heart: :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #4342115 - 06/27/05 06:38 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Also agreed! Empowering others, empowers you, to empower others further.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4342158 - 06/27/05 07:19 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

That is also my philosophy as much as I am able to implement it. It is not only the right thing to do, but it is the only practical course of action to take in order to succeed at most things. If this is integrated into one's work, child rearing, marriage, and other relationship one will meet with success on all fronts. The root of failure is selfishness.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: The path to power... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4342170 - 06/27/05 07:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Well yes, but it all depends on how you measure failure and success. For me failure is when i buy into the whirlpool of conflicting emotions due to selfishness, and cause more problems for myself and others. While success, in my view, is when i succeed in cutting through my neagtive tendencies and habitual patterns of selfishness and actually beneift someone, then empowering happiness surely follows, becuase ive helped someone to help themselves, and also ive helped develop the skill to help others to help themselves, thus empowering myself further to help others. But of course, to do this one has to take selflessnes very seriously, dilegently and literally if you can. Exchaning one "self" for others, in the most compassionate of ways.

Edited by Sinbad (06/27/05 08:01 AM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#4342287 - 06/27/05 08:52 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

yes - empower others
& do it with hydrogen if possible.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: The path to power... [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4342309 - 06/27/05 09:00 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

"the lightest of all gases and the most abundant element in the universe"

hum..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#4342333 - 06/27/05 09:11 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Empowering others may gain you respect and a good feeling inside, but I fail to see how it will lead one to power themself; Unless you are an international bank, and favors can be garnered from this newly empowered entity.

Bring loyal subordinates into power, but never above your position. When a grab for the top is made, squash it with the ferocity of lightning and the reach of thunder.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The path to power... [Re: Sinbad]
    #4342512 - 06/27/05 10:32 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I consider success to the measure to which I succeed at accomplishing the goals that I set for myself as a person. If I meet a reasonable number of my goals, then I consider myself to have succeeded. I do not set impossibly high standards, but I do have reasonably high standards. Empowering others is crucial to this process. My job, for instance, involves providing computer support to users of various ages. Many computer techs do not like to tell a user how even a simple problem is solved. They want to be constantly consulted to maintain job security. I show the user how to prevent a problem from reoccurring so that their work flow is uninterrupted. I prefer to sell myself on the basis of my new ideas instead of pedaling the old ones over and over. This empowers the user and myself. In my marriage I have to empower my spouse by providing constant support and encouragement as she works towards her goals. I assist her in any way possible because my future is linked to her personal success as well as my own. Life is a cooperative mission...we are all brothers and sisters and we should behave as such as much as possible, for merely practical purposes if nothing else.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
Re: The path to power... [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #4342679 - 06/27/05 11:18 AM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Einstein said:
A human being is a part of a whole, called by us 'universe', a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

I'm with Al on this one. We are all inextricably linked, therefore empowering others can only lead to empowering ourselves.

When we feel true empathy for the disempowerment and disenfranchisement of other humans, we are naturally moved to share our gifts with them. This empathy springs forth from self-love and acceptance, and (I believe) is the key to happiness.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale