Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSO0PA_HER0
17th leveldrunken ninjamaster
equipment question
    #4340497 - 06/26/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hello everyone. im new obviously. i have been reading tho for a while and i love this site.. just like overgrow .. <---good pot site.

well i am heading to the store tomorrow and i just want to make sure im not leaving anything out , let me know. i already have orderd syringes . i got 5 , 2b+, 2gt, and 1tc...they should be here shortly.

this is my list as of now .

large mixing bowl, long sturdy spoon, measuring cups, brf, vermiculite,1/2 p wm jars,heavy duty tin foil, pressure cooker,
syran wrap,tape,long dishwashing gloves(for glovebox), 4 30 gal. totes, tin caserol dishes, perlite,small wall thermometers,strainer,dessicants, underwater heater,

thats it ,, let me know if im missing anything .. im looking at pf tek, then casing to horse poo/straw . for like a few ozs a month..

thanks allot..
dirtyryda

--------------------
I?m figuring out this realization process-the process to never look upon bitter ground.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepcubmycol
flattiefisherman

Loc: Selectively breeding the ...
Re: equipment question [Re: SO0PA_HER0]
    #4340503 - 06/26/05 09:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
weretheshit.com is the shit!

:-D

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: equipment question [Re: SO0PA_HER0]
    #4340531 - 06/26/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Good to have you aboard.

First things first, you spawn to horse manure, not case. Did you mean case or spawn? If you meant spawn I would make the following changes to your list.

1. Dump the 1/2 pint jars, BRF, and anything you have for the glove box.
2. Add alcohol 70%, Lysol, quart mason jars, wild bird seed, and coffee filters if you don't have any.

Read up on grains and make your life easier. The reason for the glove box deletion is that it's not necessary. Prior to inoculating your jars, simply clean the area well with Lysol. I have never used a glove box, never had a contaminate, and simply use common sense.

If you are truly going to be spawning to horse manure, the quart jars do not have to be wide mouth. Any quart mason jar will do.

I don't mean to throw a monkey wrench into your program here, just trying to offer some insight that will speed your grow times and save you some money.

Good luck.

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: equipment question [Re: Wronguy]
    #4340641 - 06/26/05 09:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree dump the brf since you have a pressure cooker only good thing about brf is you can boil the jars and not need a pc. and since you are spawning to poo go wbs(wild bird seed) you dont even need a measure cup just soak the wbs for 24 hours then simmer for about 20 mins and let strain for 45mins fill your jars and pc for an hour. another tip dont use the straw just mix the hpoo with 30% verm straw contaims easy. buy a pillow made with 100% pollyester fiber and a tube of high temp RTV(automotive silicone) make 2 holes in you lids a small 1 on the middle like 1/4inch and a 1/2 where ever you can fit it blob some RTV over the small hole(you will inject through this the hole will close itself when you pull out the needle) stuff the bigger hole tight with the plollyfill(pillow stuffing)this will be for filtered airflow try to get quart jars 2 will fit at a time in a small pc return the long sturdy spoon, measuring cups, and wm 1/2 pint jars if you can

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: equipment question [Re: Wronguy]
    #4340650 - 06/26/05 09:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

tyvek from the post office then u don't have to put the top layer of vemicultie on. Glue for the glove box a mister for humidity, if ur going to case then peat moss and hydrated lime.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

OfflineWojo
Self ProclaimedAsshole
Loc: Detroit Son
Re: equipment question [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4340835 - 06/26/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

everything they said

+ karo (or use dextrose and malt. but read up on it, hippie chick had a recent interesting thread about using a coffee maker to make liquid culture jars quickly)

Get "Poly fill" from walmart or any crafts store (its used to stuff pillows.

As much usable horse shit as you can get your hands on. (check threads about what kind you need, its pretty much weathered, dried out nuggets)

A big ass pot to pastuerize the horse shit in, and some oven bags that they use to cook turkeys

A candy thermometer.

Also, use quart jars because you can fit more in them and if you use a liquid culture it colonizes just as fast.

You will need some sort of casing mix, i use "jiffy mix", i got it at the old home depot. It works okay, but alot of people mix their own, jiffy mix is just quick and easy so i use it cuz im lazy. Just pressure cook jars loaded with dry jiffy mix for 15 or 20 mins. Then mix it with a 10% solution of a reg bottle of h2o2 and water till it gets nice but not too muddy.. squeeze till it doesnt drip much, you can always spray if it gets dries.

Sorry if all this is a lil more overwhelming, but it will pay off and def hook you up with a few oz's a month after a reasonable period of learning, and some trial and error to see what works for you.

Good luck on your project, and post the results.

~woj

Edited by Wojo (06/26/05 10:53 PM)

OfflineSO0PA_HER0
17th leveldrunken ninjamaster
Re: equipment question [Re: Wojo]
    #4344989 - 06/27/05 09:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for all the comments . im super psyched. im definitly interested in using the wbs. but i allready bought all this shit and like opend most of it .. do you think that im gonna have problems trying to do casings with the the brf.. or is it just kinda worthless compared to the previously mentioned.? and about the horse shit thing.. i live right down the street from a horse show arena..and there is a giagantic mountain of shit/straw/compost from the stables. i have found a bunch of subs there but i need something better . thanks for the replys

--------------------
I?m figuring out this realization process-the process to never look upon bitter ground.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder