Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebutchy
Stranger
Popcorn Tek anyone?
    #4339411 - 06/26/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Has anyone had success with the Popcorn Tek? Pros? Cons?
A FOAF is thinking of trying it next. It seems alot easier to get than the rye berrys. Thanks guys!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: butchy]
    #4339467 - 06/26/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Go with WBS. It is effective, cheap & easy.
Beats popcorn - hands down.

--------------------

Offlinelowdominion
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: new england
    #4339479 - 06/26/05 03:07 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

from what i've seen popcorn works good, but rye is the grain of choice IMO. as far as being easier what could be easier than, soak, simmer, drain, pc

OfflineSe77vN
PIMP

Loc: Southwest
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: lowdominion]
    #4339588 - 06/26/05 03:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I just got thru doing a comparison....i had been out for a while, but periodically popped back in the shroomery to read and keep up on new shit. i had read alot about popcorn, and thought it might worth a shot, i did up 10WBS and 10 popcorn, I cased the WBS like 5 days ago, meanwhile my popcorn has not even finished colonizing the jars....not to mention what has grown looked weak and unhealthy.

Other have had some success with it, but personally I do not recomend it.

Like Roadkill said....use WBS....I have always found it to be quick and easy. Good luck!!!

--------------------
A piece of advice before we part:
Don't knock of Death's door. Instead ring Deaths doorbell and run away, Death really hates that!

InvisibleHyphalTryptamin
Stranger

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: Se77vN]
    #4339685 - 06/26/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Wouldn't bother trying popcorn at all. WBS is very accesible and works just fine. I am going to keep everyone updated for when i do straight millet, quinoa, red lentil and straight rye berries and see which one comes out on top.  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: HyphalTryptamin]
    #4340256 - 06/26/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I used popcorn alot and if done right it is very fast colonizing but it is a hassle wbs is much easier plus you cant fruit off of popcorn. the trick with popcorn is you have to soak it for 24 hours like wbs. but you must then drain the water then put in a big pan and boils some water in another pan then pour the boiling water over the popcorn and simmer for about 20mins. if you try to bring the room temp water to boiling with the popcorn in it it will overcook first. next pour the popcorn into the strainer and rinse it very thoroughly with HOT water and mix it around as you wash it is important to wash off all the starch you will see globs of it in your sink when you take the strainer out starch is bad it causes slow to no growth and some contaims love it then leave in strainer for an hour or so it will look too dry when ready but all the moisture is inside

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

OfflineBoglyn
Put them on theglass
 User Gallery

#4340782 - 06/26/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Anyone tried Mung Beans?

--------------------
The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.
---Galileo

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: ArcanePerception]
    #4340905 - 06/26/05 11:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ArcanePerception said:
I used popcorn alot and if done right it is very fast colonizing but it is a hassle wbs is much easier plus you cant fruit off of popcorn. the trick with popcorn is you have to soak it for 24 hours like wbs. but you must then drain the water then put in a big pan and boils some water in another pan then pour the boiling water over the popcorn and simmer for about 20mins. if you try to bring the room temp water to boiling with the popcorn in it it will overcook first. next pour the popcorn into the strainer and rinse it very thoroughly with HOT water and mix it around as you wash it is important to wash off all the starch you will see globs of it in your sink when you take the strainer out starch is bad it causes slow to no growth and some contaims love it then leave in strainer for an hour or so it will look too dry when ready but all the moisture is inside

i know im still a noob and i havent tried WBS and rye berries and all that stuff yet.. but i have done up a lot of popcorn jars and you dont have to do half of all that.. atleast i dont.. and i have gotten my first contaminated jars so far *i think my honey water is contam.. only all of the 1 strain turned on me :frown: * i use this tec http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25049 all you have to do is soak for 24 hrs in a pot u can simmer the cernals in then after the 24 hr soak put it on the stove and bring to a simmer/low boil for 1 hr, check every once and a while to replace lost water from the boil then strain for 30 min then fill jars, PC for 45 min then inoc jars when cool.. its been taking me about 1-2 weeks to colonize 1 pint jars of pop corn.  i just finished up my first flush off of 2 6 qt casings with popcorn and got 513.3 gm wet weight.  hers the pics   i am going to give the others a try later on.. but i read all these bad things about popcorn.. and i love it.. and its cheap .80$ for 2 lbs at wal-mart and that can do up like 6 pt jars atleast.. well thats my 2 cents..

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

OfflineRealnuggetz
Just a friend of the family
Male User Gallery

Loc: SF/NYC biCoastal
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4340969 - 06/26/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I am soaking 12 qt. worth of popcorn right now. We'll see how it goes. Oh, and could somebody tell me how to put pics of my grow in a thread? I uploaded them and can view them on the site, but I cant figure out how to put them in the thread.

--------------------
Nothin left to do but smile smile smile

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4340983 - 06/26/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you have to select the pics to be shared ( i belive.. i did) and then just past the url under the pic u uploaded that u want in your post and it should be there..

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: Realnuggetz]
    #4340988 - 06/26/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

do you use pollyfill filters in your lids for your popcorn.. i have been.. havent tried it without it.. but its been goign good for me

--------------------

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

#4353242 - 06/29/05 10:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well mabye the diference is that I always cooked up at least 4 pounds dry at a time and bought popcorn that was for farm use as feed. but when ever I cooked the popcorn too much nothing would grow at all and the rinsing definitly is important when I did it the way I sayed I would have fully colonized quart jars in 7 days like clockwork. if not rinsed well it would take like 10-12 days all knocked up with liquid culture. I really dont understand how your popcorn grew after 1 hour simmer but it works for you so thats cool

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

Offlinesfl
Stranger

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: HyphalTryptamin]
    #15851776 - 02/23/12 10:06 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

how did straight millet and rye berry work out for you

Invisibletruskool
WTF?? FTW!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: sfl]
    #15852088 - 02/23/12 11:32 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

You realize you just bumped a 6 year old thread right?

--------------------
Ask  AMU    for    the  best    mycology    advice  out  there

Roll it :burnone:While I troll it.  :maximumtrolling:

I don't mean to boast, but dam if I don't brag.

OfflineNevin
Deceiver
Male

Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: truskool]
    #15852116 - 02/23/12 11:41 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Jesus,  :feelslockedman: , look at the damn date

--------------------
"A lesson without pain is meaningless, for you cannot gain something without sacrificing something else in return"

Offlinecrimsondrac
Stranger
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: Nevin] * 1
    #15852632 - 02/23/12 02:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The main drawback of the mantra "Use the Search Engine"

Offlinehomerj
dreamer
Re: Popcorn Tek anyone? [Re: crimsondrac]
    #22671974 - 12/18/15 01:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

yeah bumping these old threads is wild .... there must be a better way than the search engine though. thoughts?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds