Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

random expirements
    #4339293 - 06/26/05 01:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

hey all,
i have stuff laying around the house and was wondering what i could get to colonize.. (yeah i know lol, way too much time)... i heard about popcorn kernels being used, but i had 3 bags of buttered popcorn... so i tried using this... as per other popcorn directions i boiled, rinsed, boiled rinsed, simmered simmered, rinse rinse, let soak, rinse etc etc... but i did not pc or simmer them in half pint jars... after they were simmered the last time, they were put into half pint jars, shooken, and let to cool overnight. next day inoculated... shaken, and put in incubator...
ill keep updated..

next expirement, i heard about using cardboard instead of agar, so since i have a bunch of boxes around i used some of the cardboard there boiled, etc etc, and instead of using mushroom tissue, i used a spore/water solution...
so i'll see what happens.

both expirements used z-strain.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDistortedEyes
hello
Male

Loc: uk
Re: random expirements [Re: tps]
    #4339353 - 06/26/05 02:00 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I want to do some random experiments too , i wonder if oatmeal will colonize , i also want to try a mixture of different stuff , brown rice flower , oatmeal and anything else that will work.

I wonder if what you did with the popcorn will work since u didn't do it with the kernels.

--------------------
Sometimes when I read threads visions of men sword fighting with their genitalia run through my head. - sadspacemonkey

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: random expirements [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #4339407 - 06/26/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i think the oatmeal has been covered before and the results came out that it got to mushy to allow for good air exchange.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinetps
ganja ghanstah
 User Gallery

Re: random expirements [Re: DistortedEyes]
    #4339734 - 06/26/05 04:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scottunderflesh said:
I want to do some random experiments too , i wonder if oatmeal will colonize , i also want to try a mixture of different stuff , brown rice flower , oatmeal and anything else that will work.

I wonder if what you did with the popcorn will work since u didn't do it with the kernels.

my apologies for not explaining clearly.. i did use the kernels for the popcorn, i just ripped open the bag and rinsed them and continued on..

... this does bring up something interesting... i wonder if popped popcorn would work, im not sure if it would break apart in the water simmering, but if it stayed compact, it would be moist and probably retain enough water for the mycellenium to colonize...
anyone have any thoughts?

--------------------

Edited by tps (06/27/05 01:17 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags