Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, HPS, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Loc: Cloud 9
The Indoor Garden
    #4338647 - 06/26/05 09:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new around here as far as posting and the such, so I apologize if I have misposted.

Anyhow, here's the deal. I know of this person named Jim. Well Jim has a nice closet garden going with a 600 watt HPS. Of course Jim has gotten to know MJ throughout the years, but now he wants to try putting other things in there. Right now Jim's working on integrating some poppies into the picture. This closet is kinda small and therefore only gives enough veggies for like one person. Right now Jim puts about 4 MJ's in there and 8-9 poppie dudes. I was interested in either, Datura, San Pedro (or something similar and easy to grow), or if anyone has any other ideas of plants that take up small spaces. Also I live in a trailor park but have a flower garden, if there are any plants that can stay outdoors undetected that info would help as well. I was hoping to find info from one that has some indoors experience as I've had bad luck with things in the past. Jim spent 1.5 years on MJ before meeting perfection, in soil atleast, next is hydro maybe. So I'm hoping someone can help me cut out the guess work.

Thanks in advance. I'll post pics soon of Jim's garden, especially if it will help someone help Jim out.

--------------------
"... Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." Genesis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: The Indoor Garden [Re: popnganja420]
    #4338678 - 06/26/05 09:47 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Jim could plant the Datura outside his residence and it's highly unlikely anyone would take notice as to what it was (it's legal anyway so the most someone could do is steal the plant).  I hope you'd be growing the Datura for ornamental purposes only though, it's best not to mess with that plant.  Save the closet space for a few San Pedro or other entheos if you want.  :thumbup:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: The Indoor Garden [Re: SuperD]
    #4338821 - 06/26/05 11:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, Jim was under the assumption from his brief research that in a 5-10 seed dose one would be safe from poisoning. And Jim was also telling me that he heard of it being used in cunjuntion with other herbs as a smoked blend of some sorts. Jim's really considering the San Pedro, he's heard it has a lot of nice properties, ornamental and medicinal. Has anyone tried the dried San Pedro chips that some e-stores sell? How much should Jim get to try it once?

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4339608 - 06/26/05 06:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Datura is never realy fun, even at a 5-10 seeds dose its still not worth the experiance, it causes dehidration and delusions. I have only seen it do evil things to people. Mabey and its a very strong MABEY you could enjoy smoking the foliage or flowers mixed in with some cannibis. Remember to start with a small dose (very small).

San Pedro on the other hand is a great choice.. You dont realy have to bother with dried chips (theyre preaty much illegal aswell) and dosage isnt realy looked kindly upon here. But dosage is very hard to figure out anyway, as most every cactus is differnt. Id sudjest getting a cutting or 2 and a bunch of seedsto start your grow. They dont even need the 600w light either theyd be happy in a window.

You should also move your poppys outdoors and add a couple more MJ's.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
    #4339633 - 06/26/05 06:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Has anyone tried the dried San Pedro chips that some e-stores sell? How much should Jim get to try it once?

Jim should buy NONE of the premade,predried chips.Why? Such products that lack any planting use overpopularise an already popular plant.They save many people "a lot of hassle" so many buy it and in no time it becomes a "drug of concern" and here the goverments intervene.

"Cmon man,jim is gonna be carefull,i dont think that Jim's pruchase will make it illegal" i can hear Jim saying.

But its not only jim,its George,its Tom its mMAry already doing it.By bying a ready made product you are supporting vendors selling it economically ,and as long as they feel your support,as long as you put your pebble in this trade,the vendor will continue selling it till illegalisation times.I mean,why not? There are customers paying for it,he makes profit so he keeps selling it!

Show him its otherwise and buy a live specimen! You WONT regret it!

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: The Indoor Garden [Re: Psiloman]
    #4342340 - 06/27/05 11:12 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Good point Psiloman. I think Jim is going to go ahead and get some San Pedro. Is 5 bucks for 10 seeds an average price or should I keep looking. I think Iamshaman.com has that price.

And the datura is bad, I was kinda mislead in some of my research on trip reports. Thanks for the tip.

Sorry for the dosage question, I should've probably asked this instead. Jim is used to MJ and knows when he's had enough. Will you know that you've had enough San Pedro, or should you make a fixed amount and just consume that. Then wait and prepare more if necessary later, or is that waste?

Would anyone recommend anything else? Other cacti, other than peyote, its just too freakin hard to find the seeds in the US and not worth the trouble IMO even though I've never experienced it.

I heard someone talking of a Bridgii cactus or something. Anyone hear of something like this?

--------------------

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: The Indoor Garden [Re: Legoulash]
    #4346534 - 06/28/05 01:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with moving the poppies outdoors, however Jim's climate is not very good right now. So he decided to try indoors this time and outdoors next season. Jim's location is in the NorthEastern part of the US, climate very similar to Kentucky or Tennessee. And is there a good guide one could point me to about the legality of planting poppies, Hens and Chicks. Jim thinks that they are legal provided they aren't lanced. I say they are illegal all together. Erowid seemed kinda vague, and more generalized. Is it different from state to state? Thanks guys for the info.

--------------------

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #4346800 - 06/28/05 03:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They are legal to grow for the showey flowers and too a lesser extent as dried flower arangments. but if your collecting latex from 200 flowers in your front lawn, then dont be supprized when leo is at your front step. Just be smart about it.

About the cactus, its a very gental psycodelic.I find the more you take the longer you tripbut the intensity is rarely overwelming like it can be with cubensis.
And yes Bridgii(sp?), san pedro and Peruvian torch are the way to go. Other cacti besides that are kanna and hoodia but theyre not a mescaline containing cactus.

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

Re: The Indoor Garden [Re: Legoulash]
    #4347265 - 06/28/05 05:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the bit of info Rah. As for the poppies Jim only wants enough for himself, he's so damn selfish. Jim has many medical problems and his meds cost about $1000 a month. Jim was on quiet a few more but MJ knocked out around 5 medications.

Jim finds gental psychadelics to help with bipolar and schizophrezia believe it or not. In small doses he claims that he can be free from the schizo control for a whole day with something like Hawaiian Baby Woodrose. Jim decided that the HBWR intensity was perfect, not too much, not too little. And the length of time in which it lasted is great. Jim likes more visuals simply because he takes to help with medical problems, and there's not as much fun at home when he's having problems and has to medicate. Jim used to be on Xanax, Valium, Darvocet, Vicodin, Codeine, and about 10 anti-psychotic drugs... and when he had to medicate for pain or something the prescription drugs often left him incompassitated due to frequent dosing which was controlled by a doctor.

Within the past two years me and Jim have found a lot of legal alternatives that aren't addictive and cause a million side effects.

Anyhow, Rah, thanks for the cacti info. Would you recommend one over another between the Bridgii, San Pedro, or the Peruvian Torch? Looking for the best of both worlds, fast easy growth, and potency. The more potent, the less needed and thus the longer it lasts.

Thanks to everyone who has posted thus far. And any personal info or experiences with Kanna or Hoodia would be awesome, never heard of either. Time to go research.... yeah!!!!!

--------------------

Invisiblepopnganja420
Ganja Man GoneWild
 User Gallery

#4350341 - 06/29/05 01:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

What about Salvia? I just got some of the extract today and haven't tried it yet, but if liked, does anyone know if its worth growing on its own? I've read that you have to eat like 60 leaves to get the effects. Atleast that's what this pamphlet says, 6-60 leaves chewed. I'll have to look into it more I guess, but if anyone has personal experience with having a live one, is it better to have the live but yet still get the extract on the side or something because obviously your few plants couldn't possibly produce enough to give one person much at all, could it?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, HPS, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden