Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroom_cap
Stranger
Bad Trips
    #4337602 - 06/25/05 09:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

can you give me some ideas how to fight off bad trips

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekeepontruckin
Weir on amission from Bob
Re: Bad Trips [Re: shroom_cap]
    #4337607 - 06/25/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Why fight?
Bad trips happen for a reason. Try to learn from them, don't fight them. They happen. It's part of the process.

--------------------
It's so far out the way out is in
George Harrison

Offlineshroom_cap
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips [Re: keepontruckin]
    #4337640 - 06/25/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

but man ive had atleast 3 outta 4 bad trips

Offlinecorky1284
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips [Re: keepontruckin]
    #4337644 - 06/25/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i tried shrooms for the first time and will never do them again. not sure if i took too much or what, but at first i was really happy/laughing, having fun, but it took a bad turn, and i was seeing dead things, blood and gore, and frightening images. Those images were when my eyes were closed, so i knew it was not real, but when i would open my eyes, everything around me was stretched and melting, and im not sure if that was more scary b/c it seemed like THAT was real. it got to the point where of course minutes seemed like hours and i had so much anger built up inside of me, that i almost killed myself... has this ever happened to anyone else? i can't see how anyone would want to do shrooms if there is a chance that it could literally make them insane enough to either hurt themselves or someone else...

Offlinecorky1284
Stranger
    #4337651 - 06/25/05 10:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

what do your bad trips involve?

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #4337664 - 06/25/05 10:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Make sure to only take them in a safe and secure setting.

If things start to head into a bad direction, put on some happy, upbeat music. Try and distract yourself from the thoughts, by possibly doing some kind of activity, or changing what you are doing.

Also, learn to be able to go with the flow, and be accepting over anything that happens. If you can learn to be relaxed and not worry no matter what is happening, you will do yourself good.

Remember, you're just on a drug and you will return to normal in a few hours.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4337804 - 06/25/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If you fight a trip, you WILL LOSE.

The only way to conquer negativity in a trip is to face it, and accept it, follow where it is leading you, give in entirely.

To my mind there are no good or bad trips, it's all the same trip. Sometimes a trip can be difficult and scary, but is this intrinsically bad? No, YOU are the one attaching that label to it, your perception makes it what it is. The trip may be uncomfortable, but not "bad," especially if it is trying to teach you something you need to learn.

Hard trips happen, but the best way to deal with them is to learn from them.

If you go into your trips anticipating to have to "fight" them, you will inevitably end up in that position.

Breath deep to steady your internal center and go with the flow of the psychedelic shroud you decided to wear when you took the drug. Why take the drug if you're going to struggle against its effects? Learn to trust it, and take positive measures in your sober life that will carry through to your trip. You will come down shortly, and then will have lots to think about.

Safe journeys

Offlineshroom_cap
Stranger
Re: Bad Trips [Re: corky1284]
    #4338639 - 06/26/05 06:58 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

its not so much seeing things that makes my bad trips its the intense anxiety and pressure i get throughout me

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

#4338641 - 06/26/05 07:01 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

be with nature, have some sort of personal music player on you.

how bad are your trips? would you say its all paranoia or the simple fact that you feel your melting away?

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4338649 - 06/26/05 07:12 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

don't fight, surrender.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Invisibleboeha
explorer

Re: Bad Trips [Re: MOTH]
    #4338740 - 06/26/05 09:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Ain't that the sad truth ...

I always wonder why that is though.
Like the only thing you want to do is relax and get sober, but everything you think of isn't doing that.
I guess having fear of the moment itself (especially while peaking) leads your ego in the realms of psychosis...

But I think surrendering yourself isn't easy at all, especially when you are prone to having anxiety in your trips.
It's one thing to say you have to relax and take things as they come, it's something else doing that same thing, especially when you see puddles of snakes on white walls... :wink:

But we all have to learn; one thing I have learned about anxiety in trips:
- avoid small rooms ... :laugh:

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

Offlinehempknight
Stranger

Re: Bad Trips [Re: boeha]
    #4338755 - 06/26/05 09:10 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

corky ive had a similar experience.. but didnt want to kill myself.. like i wasnt seeing dead tings. but what happened was i took a bunch of shroom tea without knowing what to expect and how much i had taken.. it was cool and hppy at first.. the ceiling was waving and shit like that.. then it turned really bad and i was plastered to a papazan chair for like 7 hour.. and like you said.. the minutes ticked by like hours and it was horrible. try taking a low dose though and you may likeit.. that trip made me to where i wont do like over a gram because i get freaked out

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4338771 - 06/26/05 09:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Like the only thing you want to do is relax and get sober, but everything you think of isn't doing that.

that's because there are things in your mind that you are not comfortable with. psychedelics just bring those things to the surface, in a rather intense way.

you either have to become comfortable with these things in normal life (giving you a good mindset and happy trips), or during the experience itself (accepting what you fear, turning a 'bad' trip into a 'good' one).

Quote:

But I think surrendering yourself isn't easy at all, especially when you are prone to having anxiety in your trips.
It's one thing to say you have to relax and take things as they come, it's something else doing that same thing, especially when you see puddles of snakes on white walls...

which is why low doses are recommended for inexperienced users. no, giving in when you're scared shitless in a level 4 trip is not easy, but giving in to, for example, mild paranoia in a level 1 trip is much, much easier. if you do this and increase doses gradually, then when you're really scared you will be able to surrender. it just takes a bit of practice.

perhaps the most important thing is not to panic. you cannot accept what is happening to you if you are panicking. again, this is easier to learn on a low dose.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offline3eyeswise
captain
Loc: lake county Florida
    #4339043 - 06/26/05 11:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

start with a Lower dose ,but if you take to much zanex helps bring you back.

--------------------
By questioning death I have found the answer to life.

Offlineunearth
Stranger
    #4339405 - 06/26/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

boeha said:
Quote:

EllemyshShade said:

Ain't that the sad truth ...

I guess having fear of the moment itself (especially while peaking) leads your ego in the realms of psychosis...

It's one thing to say you have to relax and take things as they come, it's something else doing that same thing, especially when you see puddles of snakes on white walls... :wink:

But we all have to learn; one thing I have learned about anxiety in trips:
- avoid small rooms ... :laugh:

because fighting it doesnt do anything or change anything

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag