Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Trip Report: Alone in nature
    #4338634 - 06/26/05 08:51 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

This was my first time tripping outside during the day.  I was unsure whether it was the right thing to do, given that the whether was a bit cloudy, so I went for out on my bike to see how I felt about going ahead with the trip, and then it seemed like the right thing to do.  I only intended for it to de a light trip.  So I cycled back to my house, got my portable music player, some peppermints and ate half (15 grams) of the fresh Ecuadorian mushrooms at 13:00, and wrapped the remaining half in foil to carry with me in case I decided to eat them later and lengthen the trip.

I left the house at about 13:05, and cycled to a nearby park, Paleispark Het Loo, which took about 15 minutes.  I listened to some Instant Remedy C64 remixes on my music player on the way there, and I felt great to be there.  Once I got there, I entered the park, and changed the muisc to the Unreal soundtrack, which is far more quiet and relaxing, paid the 1.50EUR entrance fee and decided to follow the black route, which is 9KM and is the only route that I am familiar with, having walked it only once the previous week.  The other routes are red (7KM), blue (5km) and yellow (2km), making my route the longest of the four.

As soon as I entered the park, it instantly became obvious to me that my vision had become sharper, or at least I was able to notice things far easier.  I saw a red squirrel run across the path in front of me, which is something that I've never been able to notice before and every time I looked at the purple flowers, I saw bees landing on them and taking off again.  I wasn't afraid of them, everything around me seemed to have a friendly or peaceful vibe to it.

I continued to walk along the route and turned off the music so I could listen to nature, looking at the details of the leaves, trees and flowers along the way.  The whole place was rather wet from the rain that had been earlier.  I reached a huge grass plain, that I recalled had long grass the week earlier that I had visited, but now the grass had been cut, and I decided to walk along it.  The whole thing looked vast and beautiful.

The sky was a bright white, and I could see gray swirls moving around in the clouds like liquid far more than I would normally be able to.  The grass was a bright green-yellow.  I decided to walk to the center of the feild, where there were three trees.  It seemed like a special spot for some reason.  I stood there and looked up into the sky and all around me for a few minutes, before walking back to the path.

I continued to walk the route, noticing everything becoming brighter and my awareness and reactions to sounds seemed to be increasing.  I put my music back on at about 14:15, I was walking in the nicer part of the park, looking at a large stone momument, when I noticed two people behind me following the same route that I was.  Now, for me, knowing that there are a few people around whilst I'm tripping doesn't bother me at all.  Anyways, I carried on walking, and got transfixed on looking at the grass and the stones at each side of the path that I was on.  I thought I'd gone quite a bit further ahead of the two people that I'd seen earlier, and it made me jump when they walked past me to such an extent that I ran to the other side of the path.  I'm sure that my reaction must've made it obvious to them that I was tripping.

Anyways, I decided to walk slowly, so they would pass and I would be on my own again, and I reached the lake.  It looked stunning, watching the water shimmer from the breeze and the ripples caused by the light rain.  There were no obvious visual distortion like I would normally experience when I trip at home, everything just looked clearer, sharper, brighter and generally much more beautiful.  I continued to walk around the lake and crossed over a bridge to the other side, where there was a bench that I could sit down at facing the lake.  I sat down and put my music player on, with some Japanese music that had always inspired a nature feeling when at home, and the music fit absolutely perfectly to the scene.  The shimmering movement of the water looked so strange and bizarre when I stared at it.  I listened to two tracks, and after the second one had finished, I tried to change the track, and just as I did, time seemed to just seemed to freeze for about a second whilst the track loaded.  It kinda freaked me out a little, like the whole movement of the lake just stopped completely for a second and then time caught up with itself which made the whole scene "jump".

At the time, I remember thinking that this would be the most intense part of the trip, and that I was at the peak.  How wrong I was.

I switched off the music and continued to walk around the lake, and eventually passed the two people who I had seen earlier, who were standing talking on another bridge.  About 15 minutes after this, I started to feel a bit uneasy, and tried to think of a way to calm myself down.  At this time, the answer to the question of eating the remaining shrooms was a definite "no".  I thought that putting some chill-out tracks on might lighten my mood a little.  The lake was by far the most impressive thing that I saw in the park.  I decided to continue walking slowly, and the chill-out tracks really worked well.  I started to feel absolutely fantastic.  I still doubted eating the remaining shrooms for a little while, but by around 15:30, I decided that I was in a good enough mood, and that it would just prolong the trip without making it any stronger than it was now.

In fact, I was in such a good mood that I started walking / jogging in time with the music.  It seemed like I'd been in the park for hours.  I thought that it would be a good idea to change routes and go somewhere that I hadn't seen before, so when the red and black routes split, I took the red route.  I had plenty of time anyway, since the park doesn't close until 18:00.  A short while later, the red and black routes the crossed paths, and I knew where I was, and decided to change routes again to the black route.  I followed the black route, taking in all the scenery, and by about 16:00, I decided that I wanted to go back home.  I must've been walking pretty fast, because I remember that I seemed to be walking for ages and looking at my watch, and only four or five minutes had passed.

So by my logic, it made total sense to change to the blue route, because, well that one was shorter and would get me out of the park quicker, right?  And it didn't really matter to me at the time if it didn't because I had plenty of time anyway.  The black route seemed way too long for me to handle in my current state.

So I took the blue route, and I remember that I ended up back at a point that I'd already passed on the black route.  The whole thing took a bit of a turn for the worse at this point.  I felt way too hot and tired, and was worried about dehydration because I had been walking for so long, and now I wasn't even sure what the quickest way to get out of the park was.  I decided to continue with the blue route, and walked for what seemed like ages.  I thought that putting some Shpongle on might help my mood, but it just seems to re-enforce the idea that I'm lost and that I'm walking around in circles.  I couldn't even manage two tracks of it.  I remember sitting down at a bench shaped like a log to calm down, and swear that I walked past the exact same one again about 40 minutes later.

The only way I can describe how it felt is like being in one of those videogame RPG's (Final Fantasy, etc.) where you're in the magical forest and everything keeps changing, and that I was totally lost.  It really felt like I was just walking around in circles, and I began to wonder whether I was taking a wrong turn somewhere on the route.  But I held my trust in the route, and eventually it began to cross routes with the other routes, and each time it did so, I regained a small amount of confidence.  I saw one of the purple flowers that I'd seen near the beginning of the trip and thought that I must be getting close.  Then the route began to merge with the other routes, first the black route, which was totally unrecognisable to me by now, and then the yellow route.  For each route that merged, my confidence multiplied, and I knew that I was getting close.  It wasn't until about 17:10 that I made it out of the park, and I felt great to have finally made it out.

The trip effect seemed to decrease vastly on finding my way out, and got on my bike.  There was a old man just arriving at the park on a bike.  I went on my way, listening to Vision of Escowflowne.  On cycling out of the remaining part of the park, I remember feeling like there was a message in what I had experienced, like nature had tried to tell me something, but I was unsure what it was.  When I got outside of the park and back into town, I was looking at all the people on the street as I cycled, and it was almost as though I could look "into" them and tell what they were feeling.  I even remember seeing someone and thinking in my mind that he was also tripping, and that this person could tell the same about me, and I remember seeing a statue with three kids cycling in circles around it and woundering to myself what the hell they were doing.  Knowing that I was still tripping, I was trying to be extra cautious whilst cycling home.

I eventually got home at about 17:30 (I think) and just as I arrived home, my landlords son was in the passage where the bikes are kept.  Talking to him felt really normal, like I wasn't even tripping.  We talked for a minute or two, which went something like this:

Him: "Hey Martin, how are you?"
Me: "Great!  Are you alrigh?"
Him: "Yeah I'm good."
Me: "I just got back from that park near the palace."
Him: "Oh yeah?  I go there for running sometimes, how did you find it?"
Me: "Weird."
Him: "Weird?  Is that the mushrooms?"
Me: "Heh, so you can tell then?  Do my eyes look dilated?"
Him: "No not really."
Me: "Hmm... that's interesting, I thought they would be."
Him: "No not really."
Me: "Well, I still feel a bit high, so I better go inside to relax."
Him: "Okay, see you later."

So I went inside and that's when the trip really hit me.  As soon as I entered my house, I suddenly started getting all these visual patterns and everything became blurred and warped.  It didn't occur to me how hard I really was tripping until I got inside.  I closed the curtains, got undressed and moved my bed in front of the speakers and put the playlist from my first trip on and started it at around the middle, but I couldn't relax.  My room felt all white and "clinical", and I felt totally out of it, like I was wasted from all the walking that I had done earlier.  The trip got really intense, I could feel it trying to pull my ego out of me.  I couldn't decide what to do, I wanted to eat something, but I wasn't in a state for cooking, so I clumsily peeled and ate three apples.

But things continued to get worse, I got into thought loops, thinking that I needed to go to the bathroom, getting there and realising that I didn't need to go after-all, washing my hands and sometimes drinking a little water and walking back into my room and lying on my bed.  I must've repeated this at least 20 times.  All my thoughts just seemed totally random, and I couldn't handle it at all.  I kept fearing that I was about to go into a panic attack at any moment.  My hearing would become kinda dulled for a second (like when you yawn really hard).  I felt like I was on the edge of insanity and that if I gave in to it I would go insane and never come back.  I kept trying to rationalise the concept of ego loss, and at the time, it seemed totally logical to me that the reason that we fear it is because it takes your soul and you never come back.  I felt like the mushrooms had revealed way too much about the truth of existance, life and everything, just stuff that I would've felt much better off not knowing.  I kept trying to think of ways to calm myself down, but I was really indecisive about what I wanted to do, and couldn't get anything done.

It took me about an hour to put The Simpsons DVD on my laptop in the midst of constantly going to the bathroom and getting distracted, but I couldn't handle listening to The Simpons.  It seemed way too "American" (no offense meant to any Americans reading this! :smile:) and idealistic of Christian idealogies and ways of living, and the whole thing was just freaking me out.

So I put the music back on again, and lay down and closed my eyes and tried to handle the trip the best I could.  It didn't help that it was now about 18:30, and I felt no signs whatsoever of coming down.  I kept trying to tell myself that I would be okay once it got dark, but my mind wasn't having any of it.  I was convinced that I would stay like that forever, or go into a panic attack and do something stupid.

Eventually, by about 19:00, I started feeling better again.  I got dressed and opened the curtains, and the clouds had shifted and the sun was shining brightly.  There were two kids on the back garden (probably relatives of my landlord) playing with water guns, and seeing them made me feel like I was a lot younger.  I had a sudden change in mood and felt absolutely fantastic.  I was still tripping and I got all these really inspiring thoughts, and suddenly decided that I must record them on my music player.  So I hit the record button and started talking constantly for 73 minutes.  It was totally awesome whilst I was doing it and everything made complete sense.  Listening to the music was totally awesome.  I had never felt this way before.  The only way I can describe it is that I imagine the feeling is like one might get from MDMA (although I've never done MDMA, so I don't really know that).  It just felt like everything was amazing and life was totally beautiful and great.

I still couldn't concentrate on a single task, and kept going off on tangents, reading stuff on the shroomery into my recorder and laughing at about everything that I said and thought of.  The music kept changing my mood aswell.  One minute I would be really peaceful and the next I would be totally in love with the whole world, then I would be rolling on the floor lauging.  I kept getting urges to do totally random things, like lying on the floor and crawling around.  I remember looking at a post by my bro on the Shroomery asking about what kind of gas he needed for torch lighters and then thinking that I needed to tell him how amazing this trip was, and how amazing nature and life is, but I never got around it in the midst of the distractions.  I did manage to put some chips in the oven at some point.

I tried to remember back to the start of the trip, and it really felt like everything that had occured had happened a few days earlier.  The day really felt like it had been that long.

When the playlist finished and everything went quiet, I got all kinda depressed, thinking that I had acted really stupid by cycling whilst I was tripping, and even going out into nature alone was a totally stupid and dangerous think to have done.  Then I heard a loud bang from the kitchen, which only made things worse.  I went into the kitchen to see what it was, and noticed that I had left the freezer door open from when I put the chips in the oven, and it had been open for 20 minutes, and I thought I'd broke it (but it seems okay now, and there are no signs of any damage).

I stopped the recorder at about this point and focused my thoughts into putting Futurama on.  The chips finished cooking, but they were way too dry to eat, so I just left them on a plate for about 90 minutes before eating them.  I ended up watching about 6 or 7 episodes of Futurama, which really lifted my mood.  They all seemed to have really deep meaning and really inspiring thoughts about things.  And Fry is such an idiot and I was laughing so hard at everything. :wink:

I went to bed around 23:30, still feeling kinda trippy.  I didn't feel sleepy, so I put Vision of Escowflowne soundtrack on for an hour, before falling asleep.

I must say that in conclusion, this was an awesome trip.  Of course, I'm sure that I've missed a lot, and I'm still not sure how I feel about tripping in the daytime though.  I'm almost certain that I'm more comfortable in the dark.  I was amazed though at how natural everything seems when outside compared to the randomness that I get when tripping inside.  And of course, I have the MP3 recording that I made during the trip, but at this time, I'm really not sure if listening to myself tripping is a good idea.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Re: Trip Report: Alone in nature [Re: TurricaN]
    #4338716 - 06/26/05 10:33 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

ahh, i was waiting.......kinda

sounds like an awesome time....i especially like the ones with the scary moments....

don't feel bad about the nature thing,it is the best place to be ,like your one with it,like nature IN you,and you IN it(ya get me)...

happy for ya,man.....

Shaved Ape

Loc: Crystal Lake
Re: Trip Report: Alone in nature [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4339138 - 06/26/05 02:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Your reports are always good Turrican. It sounds like quite an intense experience. I liked the part about red, black, blue routes, it made me feel lost just hearing it. Glad to hear you didn't spack out too bad, I think I would have.
When you said about reading my post, I often feel like I want to share the beauty of my experiences when high, I think though that it is better to have the experience for yourself and just sit and enjoy. I think that recording you made would be good stonin' material, I'd like to hear it lol.

My vision fell upon the seven tall candles upon the table. At first they wore the aspect of charity, and seemed white slender angels who would save me: but then all at once there came a most deadly nausea over my spirit, and I felt every fibre in my frame thrill, as if I had touched the wire of a galvanic battery, while the angel forms became meaningless spectres, with heads of flame, and I saw that from them there would be no help.

Re: Trip Report: Alone in nature [Re: Igor]
    #4339303 - 06/26/05 03:39 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

CaptainH13 said:sounds like an awesome time....i especially like the ones with the scary moments....

I couldn't agree more. :smile:  A trip isn't too interesting if everything goes perfectly.  Not that I want to have a bad trip, but a challenge always makes things more interesting.

Igor said:
Your reports are always good Turrican. It sounds like quite an intense experience. I liked the part about red, black, blue routes, it made me feel lost just hearing it. Glad to hear you didn't spack out too bad, I think I would have.
When you said about reading my post, I often feel like I want to share the beauty of my experiences when high, I think though that it is better to have the experience for yourself and just sit and enjoy. I think that recording you made would be good stonin' material, I'd like to hear it lol.

I listened to the stuff that I recorded earlier today, and it was definetly a laugh to hear myself just talking crap about everything!  I didn't say as much as I thought I had though.  I guess the trip just made everything seem a lot longer and more interesting than what it really was.  It was funny that I kept getting distracted and then saying the same thing that I'd said about two minutes earlier. :smile:

Re: Trip Report: Alone in nature [Re: TurricaN]
    #5642921 - 05/17/06 07:55 PM (10 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, I'm bringing back my thread from almost a year ago, but I recently learned something rather interesting that throws a whole new light on this experience.

I recently visited the park again mentioned in the report whilst on vacation with some friends.  We followed the red route.  Imagine my surprise when the red route didn't even go near the lake, even though I distinctively recall red on the posts surrounding the lake.  Once we got back to the entrance, I checked the map thoroughly to see where we went wrong.

Well, it turns out that there is one black route (the one I followed in the trip report), but there are two red routes, two blue routes and two yellow routes, all of which are encountered on the black route, and each of the separate routes has it's own park entrance; a different one to the one I knew.

In other words, I would've never made it back to the original park entrance by following an incorrect red, blue or yellow route and would've just walked in circles for as long as I didn't return to the black route.

Isn't it amazing how bizarre mushroom experiences can be explained almost a year later by a simple lack of observation? :smile:

Edited by TurricaN (05/17/06 07:56 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports