Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics
    #4337077 - 06/25/05 07:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well my first large (large for me) flush :smile: i was using the single tub tec with the allen strain, heres some pics

first flush came out to be a total of 513.3 grams, isnt that like 2 lbs wet weight, well what ever it comes out to be it will be better than the first flush i got off my first set of casings i did of a wapping like 60 grams wet..  well i have 4 pint jars of popcorn per casing this time with 50/50+ tec, and last time i only had 1 pint per casing, alot smaller.  but im sold on the single tub tec!! simple and easy ty to whoever figured this out and shared it with everyone.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: willmafingerdo]
    #4337083 - 06/25/05 07:27 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nice run  :thumbup: :mushroom2:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: Holydiver]
    #4337101 - 06/25/05 07:32 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

very nice good job man

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinegrow
i ^
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: GNIOM1498]
    #4337125 - 06/25/05 07:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

513 grams wet weight should come to about, 10 grams under 2 oz's :cheers: im sold on this tek. I'll be kicking martha out for she has dug way too deep into my pockets.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: grow]
    #4337690 - 06/25/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Very nice work indeed. I pulled 6 lbs out of my Puerto Ricans using the single tub tek. Single/Double Tub teks kick ass.

Keep up the good work maestro.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: Wronguy]
    #4337711 - 06/25/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

>513.3 grams, isnt that like 2 lbs wet weight,

Just over one pound. Just under 2 ounces dry. Very nice work, shows popcorn can do some nice flushes. Let us know when you get a trip report on them, how the potency is.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#4338158 - 06/26/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Hey sweet run man. I was wondering, would you mabey consider doing a grow log? Just to grace all of us with your specs. I am not familiar with the single tub tek but I have seen pics and heard it really takes the expense and guess work out of alot of bullshit that people have to deal with when they move to casings. I am currently experiencing that bullshit. But i'm not bitter, im just encouraged to see such beautiful pics. Keep up the good work and I agree with scatman, I'd like to hear a trip report as well.

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: thashaman]
    #4338832 - 06/26/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Check out this write-up by Ohmatic. He has documented a grow using a Single Tub. There are no directions on actually construction, but the pictures pretty much give everything away.

Good luck.

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: Wronguy]
    #4338845 - 06/26/05 10:06 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

very nice man,
i wonder if you additionally fanned or if you jsut put them in there,
closed the lid and opened on harvest day?
peace ohm :mushroom2:

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: thashaman]
    #4338935 - 06/26/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ok ill give all the details for my grow, i am not taking credit for any of the setup, tec, or info jsut letting ppl know who i did it..

materials used:

popcorn cernals
8 pint size jars w/ lids & rings
pollyfill (filtration)
medical tape (filtration)
preshure cooker
drill with 3/4" bit (found out now 1" - 1 1/4" would of been better)
54 qt tub spray painted black w/ plexy glass lid
2 6 qt  containers
8 C. Peat moss
8 C. Verm
4 C. Crushed oyster shells
5 C. water (i just used tap water)
8 pint jars of spawn
shrink wrap
big pan and strainer, i got one from wal-mart its a spegetti pan, its a big tall stainless steel pan with a big strainer that sits down inside of it it works awsome ive done 4 lbs of popcorn in it and could of put more in and the strainer is just the right size so no corn falls threw.. but any pan that will hold your cernals and water will work and same with the strainer as long as it can hold the cernals it will work.

that should do it for the material list now for the grain.. (heres the link to the tec i used if you would like to see pics of it beign done http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25049 )

fill up 4 of the jars 2/3 of the way up then put that in your pan you will be using to simmer the cernals in and fill the pan so theres about 1" of water over the top of the grain.  keep checking on it every couple hours and add water so that it stays about 1" over the top of the grains. you can not add to much water to the grain so dont worry about how much you use :smile: and let it set for 24 hours (once you are done soaking & simmering the cernals will double in size so it should fill all 8 jars atleast thats how its been working out for me)

then after the 24 hr soaking period place the pan on the stove and bring the water to a light boil/simmer for 1 hr, keep checking the water lvl so the grain dont dry out once agin you CAN NOT add to much water.

after the 1 hour simmer, strain the cernals for 30 min

fill your jars, put the lids on (i punch a 1/4" hole in the middle of my lids and put polyfill in for filter, dont forget to punch the holes for your needle to go threw) and throw them in the PC for 45 min at 15 psi

once jars are at room temp inoc

for the casing layer i followed the 50/50+ tec ( http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7977 ) the amounts of materials i used were:

2 6 qt  containers
8 C. Peat moss
8 C. Verm
4 C. Crushed oyster shells
5 C. water (i just used tap water)

1.  Mix Peat, Verm and Oyser shells & water in a large bowl (will be little to wet but next couple step should fix it)
2.  Cover with shrink wrap
3.  Microwave for 3 min
4.  Wait a couple min to cool down a little
5.  Mix up casing
6.  Microwave for 3 more min, check moisture of the casing afer this if its to wet, stir it and microwave it for 1 min check and repeat as nessisary, if to dry add more water.  you want a lil water to come out when gently sqeezed. this recipe gave me enough to put a bottom layer of casing in both 6 qt containers (about 1") and for the top (about 3/4") and have extra for after the flush to patch.
7.  Wait till room temp and case (after your jars are colinized of course)

for the single tub i just gathered the info from reading posts about it ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4240762/page//fpart/1/vc/1 & this one http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3892795/an/0/page/0)

here are some pics right before pinning started.. i was bussy and didnt get a chance to get a pic of it after it got some good pins on it :frown: and my camera sucks.. so sorry about the crapy pics :frown:  well i hope this helps some ppl.. i love the single tub and will never change from it :smile: no opening and faning and worrying about contams its just awsome!! :smile:

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4338943 - 06/26/05 10:57 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no i didnt open to fan, i did open it up a couple times to get a good look at the casing and take some pics (im still a noob and cant help myself) even though i shouldnt of opend it. and even though my hygromitor said the humidity was over 90% i got no mycilum growth up the stems of my mushies like i did on my old setup.

--------------------

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4338952 - 06/26/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

goodie - nice to see you could put my monotub thread to good use :smile:
keep it growing, yaaaaaaaaay :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4338966 - 06/26/05 11:08 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Very interesting. Kinda shows that the holes dont need to be right at the casing layer either, since the containers in the single tub had a wall around them...it obviously wasnt to big of a problem forming co2 pockets..I think that gives more to the theory that heat from the casing pushes the co2 out the higher holes, instead of sinking out.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4338978 - 06/26/05 11:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya there was about 2" from the casing layer to the top of the container and i only use 3/4" holes.

--------------------

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4339067 - 06/26/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

scatmanrav said:
Very interesting. Kinda shows that the holes dont need to be right at the casing layer either, since the containers in the single tub had a wall around them...it obviously wasnt to big of a problem forming co2 pockets..I think that gives more to the theory that heat from the casing pushes the co2 out the higher holes, instead of sinking out.

he doesnt have a uniform level of casing, as there are individual containers,
the co2 will sink to the bottom and drain out.

with my monotub i have a even casing layer and therefor the holes
just above it make perfect sense - see what i mean scat?

in his case there is space and it floars around and eventually to the bottom and out.

--------------------

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

#4339157 - 06/26/05 12:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

This setup looks almost exactly like the modified single tub method that I am using. I didn't fill the entire bottom the container with substrate but put 2 smaller dishpans in a larger tub instead. This just made it easier for me so I could take them out and handle them.

I'm glad to see that this method works just as well. I do have some questions for you though.

I notice your containers inside the tub are clear... was this an issue as far as pinning from the side or letting light to the areas other then the surface, I would think this could be a problem.

Another question. Since you aren't covering the entire bottom with the casing, was it harder to maintain a higher humidity? Because there is less moist substrate, I thought it might dry quicker. To compensate, I was planning on giving the walls of my chamber a very light misting to give that added amount of water in addition to misting the surface of the casing.

Awesome setup you got going here. I'll be looking forward to more pics.

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: Gatorade]
    #4339266 - 06/26/05 01:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Gatorade said:

I'm glad to see that this method works just as well.  I do have some questions for you though.

I notice your containers inside the tub are clear... was this an issue as far as pinning from the side or letting light to the areas other then the surface, I would think this could be a problem.

Another question.  Since you aren't covering the entire bottom with the casing, was it harder to maintain a higher humidity?  Because there is less moist substrate, I thought it might dry quicker.  To compensate, I was planning on giving the walls of my chamber a very light misting to give that added amount of water in addition to misting the surface of the casing. 

i would of painted them black, but i ran out of piant :frown: but no i didnt have any problems with pinning on the sides, atleast not yet.. that was just first flush..

and my hygromitor said it was over 90% the whole time, when i first put my casings into the single tub i spraied the walls and that is all i did just that one time. no perlite or spraying was used.
the casings give off humidity and heat and seem to do a good job "fixing" their enviroment with this TEC. the only diff i noticed from my old setup and this set up is the shrooms are alot smaller i gess you could say.. heres pic of my first flush (not single tub TEC had to open and manualy fan) compaired to this

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4339270 - 06/26/05 01:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

p.s.

Happy B-day Gatorade :smile: :birthday:

--------------------

OfflineGatorade
A-With-A-Teeth-A

#4339430 - 06/26/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Sounds like you did exactly what I was thinking of doing, as far as spraying the walls. Also its good to know that they emit enough heat to help it colonize. I know ideal tempertures for spawning are around 86 degrees and wasn't sure if I needed to incubate them but most of these single tub guys say that it does fine on it's own. Gotta love how they take care of themselves.

Thank you for the birthday comment, yes its my 21st birthday today... gotta go get drunk off my ass!

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: single tub 1st flush 513.3 grams wet with pics [Re: Gatorade]
    #4340996 - 06/26/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well when i made up my casings i didnt have my single tub made up so i incubated in a TiT then coldshocked then i had my single tub finished so i only fruited in the single..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate