Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
FUBAR's disappearing thread
    #4335205 - 06/25/05 06:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dang it, I had typed up a long response to FUBARed's thread and it got deleted during that time so I'm posting it here for him to see:

Quote:

FUBARed said:
Everybody makes assumptions, has pre-judgement, post-judgement.

True, but not to the ridiculously ignorant extent that you do.

Quote:

Americans in genral, at least the couple a hundred Ive met in person are genrally ignorant uncaring, unvoting, trashy.

Well I don't know where you met these people but, no, its not indicative of all of America. Also, I might add that you don't come across as the most knowledgable, caring and classy person.

Quote:

But of course america is a metlting pot of tons of cultures.

Whereas your citizens produce anti-islamic films that beget murder.

Quote:

But on the other hand you lock up all the druggies, and giver scripts to all the other druggies.

Last I checked, all countries, including yours, lock up 'druggies' and give out prescription meds.

Quote:

The land of hypocracy.

If anything here is hypocritical, its quite glaringly yourself.

Quote:

The land of all owning all consuming corporations.

So....you guys don't have corporations? Why don't you tell us your little naive anecdotes about all the big bad evil corporations who are to blame for our problems. Certainly not ourselves, the consumers of the products (yes, the reason these corporations affect your country is because you buy the products and in some cases work for them)

Quote:

You produce per capita 4x as much waste as the acarage european. 20x more waste than de avarage chinese.

So you produce 5x more waste than the average chinese, how wasteful. Continental Europe also produces significantly more waste than the average UKer.

Quote:

You burn all the fossil fuels in the world

Right......no one else uses the fossil fuels. Want to pull out a graph comparing all MDCs to LDCs?

Quote:

You have nearly no social or welfare systems in place.

Careful, comments like this make your ignorance very apparent to everyone.

Quote:

In Holland everyone has insurance. Eveyone is covered. We pay 20% taxes on produce. 30% taxes on the first 10.000 earned euros. then 50%. Then 60% on everything above 100.000.

Do you want some sort of award? Way to give your money to the notoriously wasteful and innefient body that is government. More taxes is not necessarily better. Otherwise why not just tax %100 and become communist?

Quote:

People dont go to jail for long amounts of time.

hahaha. I don't know what's funnier, that you actually might believe that or that you're proud that you might be lenient on rapists and murderers.

Quote:

You name a governmental issue. I can assure you its arranged better in Europe.

Common constitution.

Quote:

You have the biggest Evil Empire in the world.

I find it hilarious that you called us a 'young' country when you are so clearly politically young and naive.

I'm very confused, you sound so arrogant yet at the same time it sounds like you clearly are having trouble just handling life. Everyone here who has been placed in a psychosis ward raise their hand.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: Tao]
    #4335228 - 06/25/05 06:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

He's banned. It's a puppet. It's over.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4335820 - 06/25/05 12:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Tao said:
Dang it, I had typed up a long response to FUBARed's thread and it got deleted during that time so I'm posting it here for him to see:

Quote:

FUBARed said:
Everybody makes assumptions, has pre-judgement, post-judgement.

True, but not to the ridiculously ignorant extent that you do.

Quote:

Americans in genral, at least the couple a hundred Ive met in person are genrally ignorant uncaring, unvoting, trashy.

Well I don't know where you met these people but, no, its not indicative of all of America.  Also, I might add that you don't come across as the most knowledgable, caring and classy person.

Quote:

But of course america is a metlting pot of tons of cultures.

Whereas your citizens produce anti-islamic films that beget murder.

Quote:

But on the other hand you lock up all the druggies, and giver scripts to all the other druggies.

Last I checked, all countries, including yours, lock up 'druggies' and give out prescription meds.

Quote:

The land of hypocracy.

If anything here is hypocritical, its quite glaringly yourself.

Quote:

The land of all owning all consuming corporations.

So....you guys don't have corporations?  Why don't you tell us your little naive anecdotes about all the big bad evil corporations who are to blame for our problems.  Certainly not ourselves, the consumers of the products (yes, the reason these corporations affect your country is because you buy the products and in some cases work for them)

Quote:

You produce per capita 4x as much waste as the acarage european. 20x more waste than de avarage chinese.

So you produce 5x more waste than the average chinese, how wasteful.  Continental Europe also produces significantly more waste than the average UKer.

Quote:

You burn all the fossil fuels in the world

Right......no one else uses the fossil fuels.  Want to pull out a graph comparing all MDCs to LDCs?

Quote:

You have nearly no social or welfare systems in place.

Careful, comments like this make your ignorance very apparent to everyone.

Quote:

In Holland everyone has insurance. Eveyone is covered. We pay 20% taxes on produce. 30% taxes on the first 10.000 earned euros. then 50%. Then 60% on everything above 100.000.

Do you want some sort of award?  Way to give your money to the notoriously wasteful and innefient body that is government.  More taxes is not necessarily better.  Otherwise why not just tax %100 and become communist?

Quote:

People dont go to jail for long amounts of time.

hahaha.  I don't know what's funnier, that you actually might believe that or that you're proud that you might be lenient on rapists and murderers.

Quote:

You name a governmental issue. I can assure you its arranged better in Europe.

Common constitution.

Quote:

You have the biggest Evil Empire in the world.

I find it hilarious that you called us a 'young' country when you are so clearly politically young and naive.

I'm very confused, you sound so arrogant yet at the same time it sounds like you clearly are having trouble just handling life.  Everyone here who has been placed in a psychosis ward raise their hand.

very nice!  :thumbup:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4335827 - 06/25/05 12:19 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Very well thought out. :thumbup:

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4335929 - 06/25/05 12:47 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

id refute a number of your points because they're just weak, but there's no point. (not that i'd support his)

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: Redstorm]
    #4335944 - 06/25/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I wish I read the original thread. From the quotes this guy sounds young and angry, so he exaggerates things. and I'm not sure if hes ever been to the USA. Like calling people trashy - thats snobby. but your arguments back at him are 'reactive' too.

like when he says america burns all the fossil fuels in the world. thats complete BS. but america does burn and waste more than anyone else. compared to some places in europe where you get tax writeoffs for your gas mileage.

america IS a young country. european governments are older, and in many ways better. in some ways worse, as older more advanced governments would be.

The thing is he exaggerates everything....like 'we have nearly no welfare etc...' thats not true - but our welfare, compared to other developed countries, is much worse. our government and country is designed to help the rich out and fuck over the poor. and the people who do get on welfare / disability are usually abusing it here.

European countries do have corporations but they're not nearly as big and spread out. for example, in france...they do have a couple chain grocery stores. but for the most part they have a lot of little specialty shops, the stores aren't as big. its basically what you would expect the difference to be between a big country and a small country.

as i said in another thread, people don't always have the choice to choose whether or not they support corporations. if the only grocery store in a town is a corporate one, then they have to shop there. and people can easily be tricked into it even if they did have the choice. my old boss used to tell me, 'you have to tell people what to buy, they don't want to choose'.

Also, nothing I read here said this. But I have found, and this is just my experience, that the European (in general) education is more 'true' and thorough than the American education.

what he meant about the prescription meds, is that they are overprescribed in the USA. and over-priced.

I could go on...but as the guy said before me, theres not much of a point....and i don't feel like spending any more time on this...

Edited by sideshowbob (06/25/05 12:54 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: sideshowbob]
    #4335997 - 06/25/05 01:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

What European governments are older than the US other than the British Parliament?

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: vampirism]
    #4336109 - 06/25/05 01:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Morrowind said:
id refute a number of your points because they're just weak, but there's no point. (not that i'd support his)

I'm not really arguing any "points" per se in that post, I'm not trying to say the U.S. is "better" than Europe or something, I'm just pointing out the hypocracy and faults in his brash overgeneralizations.

--------------------
Magash's Grain Tek  + Tub-in-Tub Incubator + Magash's PMP + SBP Tek + Dunking = Practically all a newbie grower needs :thumbup:

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
    #4336139 - 06/25/05 01:49 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you mean unchanged government. thats not what I'm talking about.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4336144 - 06/25/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Well, that's really all that matters.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #4336148 - 06/25/05 01:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If unchanged doesn't matter, do the Native American governments count? Tribal matters would extend us back farther than many European governments I bet.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: Ravus]
    #4336170 - 06/25/05 02:04 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you sillies, it's not the direct body of government but a country's culture that determine its identity. America can simply not trace back terribly far compared to Europe. Its only culture is pioneers, hicks and jazz.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#4336184 - 06/25/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

wtf? culture is constantly changing. Not too long before they were cheese-eating surrender monkeys the French conquered much of the known world.

--------------------

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
Re: FUBAR's disappearing thread [Re: Ravus]
    #4336189 - 06/25/05 02:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

when you came here you killed the indians or kicked them off and sent them to other places and started over from scratch pretty much.

on the other hand, america is just a branch off of europe. that would be a better argument. in fact that argument would prove what i said wrong. *but not if changes matter* yes it has changed, but its really not that different. its an evolution. so i'm wrong, the american government IS old - for that reason. i see it as a fluid thing because in my life i have seen new names and new governments spring up...but they're really just the same as the old ones. so what i meant was that europe and its governing bodies have been evolving longer than the US. however i just explained myself out of that one.

when i originally said government, i meant that and included culture and enterprise. its young in that sense. bad word choice on my part.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#4336192 - 06/25/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, but nostalgia is a very, very important factor in its change; America can only go a a few hundred years or so.

The reason they became monkeys was that a serious military defeat often means nuetering a country. Anyway, what's your point? Culture isn't separate from reality; ie things that happen. 911 has become a cultural, iconic force which is pushing America toward being very militarily aggressive. The more such things you get, the more you have to make decisions with.

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
    #4336208 - 06/25/05 02:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

they're smaller than the US and have different dynamics with the various enemies than we do - placement is one of them. they're not going to fight a fight that they know they can't win. if they could win, don't you think that they would rather do that?

btw, america eats just as much cheese. but france has over 300 main types...america has maybe 2 or 3. and the usa is just a wee bit bigger than france.

thats a good point as far as the corporation thing is concerned. and to further that...how people inadvertantly affect the way people think - if a companies sells a certain product, because it is cost-effective, and people grow up being fed that their whole lives...it affects what they like and don't like. there a reason why people who know about food DON'T like kraft cheese, and people who don't just love it and think anything other than chedder or jack tastes like shit and is wierd. i could explain why the chedder or jack cheese that you buy is easier and cheaper to make than other types, but im spending way too much time on this thread.

Edited by sideshowbob (06/25/05 02:41 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order