Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Calcium Carbonate

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
chicken poo
    #4335708 - 06/25/05 01:37 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i was wondering, my mom has a chicken coop, would i be able to utilize all that poo or do actives not like chicken shit? i was thinking i could maybe use it to setup an outside patch??

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
Re: chicken poo [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4335750 - 06/25/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

chicken poo is too hot, (nitrogen). more than likely will burn the hell out of the myc and you will end up with nothing. good luck
peace

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: chicken poo [Re: backupwards]
    #4335758 - 06/25/05 01:55 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

hmmm..... does anyone know if theres anything i could make a good mixture with chicken poo? maybe some potting soil or horse poo, calcium carbonate? i think it would be a shame to let it all go to waste, right now she just dumps it over the fence into the woods.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Edited by LeftyBurnz (06/25/05 01:56 PM)

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4335765 - 06/25/05 01:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i would say let her continue to do that and for you to get some h poo if you want to have some luck. not sure of any teks where anyone has used chicken shit in a substrate, i very well could be wrong but i don't think so. myc doesn't like a lot of nitrogen in my understanding. so pass on it and get to the h poo.
peace

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4335769 - 06/25/05 01:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You can add it to horse poo, not sure how good itll do, but only put in a small amount 5-30%..horse poo should be 60-80% of your substrate though. I add worm castings to my poo, also high in N..but small amounts( around 15% maybe, varies slightly, no measuring).

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: chicken poo [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4335774 - 06/25/05 02:00 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

thanx, well i guess ill try it out and let you guys know what happens.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4335781 - 06/25/05 02:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

do you guys have any advice for someone whos trying to start a "mini field" under an oak tree?? so far ive collected about 20lbs of cow shit(that all had a few mushies growing in them when i found it) and i spread it all under a big well shaded tree, and i also make sure its well misted every day after work, it never dries out, it looks just like in the fields, any advice?

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
    #4336024 - 06/25/05 03:10 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

yah I have some advice for someone whos trying to start a "mini field" under an oak tree. Don't youse chicken shit.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisibleKlingonFromUranus
enthusiast

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: chicken poo [Re: thremix]
    #4336045 - 06/25/05 03:19 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

lol..

I don't have any advice on the mini feild but I will say that in order to use that chicken poo you gotta compost it very well if yu're going to use it. At least a year. More is better. You can add the poo to your compsot pile or compost it by itself. Then add the composted manure to your horse poo and/or straw. I'd use very little like 5 to 10 % max the first time around. It is very high in nutrients but if used too much it can be too high and will burn the mycelium. good luck.

--------------------

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: chicken poo [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #4336057 - 06/25/05 03:23 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

yah ^^ what he said, OR just order a bag of hores poop. Not hard not hard at all.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: chicken poo [Re: KlingonFromUranus]
    #4336059 - 06/25/05 03:24 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

thanx for the info, and no i wasnt using chicken poo, its cow poo.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#4336065 - 06/25/05 03:25 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i already have the poo under the tree i was asking if theres anything else i can do to insure that it works?

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

Offlineprefloppro
Last Call
Re: chicken poo [Re: thremix]
    #4336077 - 06/25/05 03:27 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Instead of ordering horse poo, call up a local stable, they will give you all the shit you need. I did buy some pre past. tenn stud poo the first time to get a feel on what the consistency needs to be, and happy i did it.

InvisibleThumpaCap
Beer Taster

Loc: Shroomwhere Out There
Re: chicken poo [Re: prefloppro]
    #4336145 - 06/25/05 03:52 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

sprinkle hay on the cow shit and kinda mix it in.  around here they like to grow around hay piles that cows shit around. 
  :bongload:

--------------------
:bongload: Look into my heyes !! :bongload:

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Re: chicken poo [Re: ThumpaCap]
    #4336155 - 06/25/05 03:59 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

ill try that out.

--------------------
~Thomas Jefferson

~George Washington

OfflinePADDOHEAD
Corvus coronecorone
Male
Loc: The Netherlands
    #4338473 - 06/26/05 05:47 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Ive used chickenpoo in my last grow, did ok, nice yield and no problems.

I used the straw from my chicken 'house' and the poo dumped it in a bucket and let it work for 2 days. Drained the liquid and most of the solids (good for tomato :wink:. then used this straw in a mix with horsepoo (40 straw/60 hpoo).

4-5 liter substrate yielded almost a pound.

Like others said fresh chickenpoo is hot and high in nutrients compared with horsepoo, about double in N, more in P en K.
Think it has better use in the garden...

Goodluck,

--------------------
Cannagrow

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Calcium Carbonate

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation