Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
Help with a curious specimen(s)\
    #4335663 - 06/25/05 01:24 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

I tried a Full scale, grade - A identification, and still no input besides one comment, whereas others poster 4 hours later than me and have already gotten ID's. screw it. anyone know what these are? they were growing in the woods in n georgia on a pile on leaves bark debrees...
[url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/05-25/972007399-Image126.jpg][/url

heres the stem and cap from the fresh picked specimen in photo 1.
appx ..1-3 hrs later

Edited by cheezy_terror (06/25/05 04:26 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
Re: Help with a curious specimen(s)\ [Re: cheezy_terror]
    #4335739 - 06/25/05 01:46 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

(top to bottom)
Pic 1.) Stem firm, slightly drym white, hollow
gills attatched, light brown gills. all specimens collected never printed, possible sterile patch.

pic 2.)same^^^

Pic 3.)Found growing right next to the pile of compost and forest
debree next to the above pics...

cap .75-1.5 in. concave in older age chocolate brown gillsI beleive they were atatched. stem...weak semi transluscent white weak fibrilous piece of crap not worth mentioning.

pic 4.)Im pretty damn sure this pic is the same species as the first 2 pics, they were younger when killed though...and theyre much older and completely dry when that pic was taken. that mushroom cap is like .3 in diameter

any idea whaty they are? i always find patches of these guys poppin up in the same damn spot

they can almost look reddiish brown like a subb when younger and its humid out

the substrate for all of these are the same, some were not growing on such a thick blanket of wood mulch and pine cones as others, but all within a 5 ft radius

Edited by cheezy_terror (06/25/05 01:48 PM)

OfflinePSiFr33k
Psilly Guru
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth (i think)
    #4337365 - 06/25/05 10:48 PM (12 years, 30 days ago)

might not be sterile did you try printing on black paper ? however they arent active by the looks of them

--------------------

While i was in the grass, i picked them..

Offlinewallace
Male

Loc: Canada
    #4338596 - 06/26/05 08:09 AM (12 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

cheezy_terror said:
I tried a Full scale, grade - A identification, and still no input besides one comment, whereas others poster 4 hours later than me and have already gotten ID's.

Yeah, I have had the experience before. Sometimes it just depends on whether the knowledgeable folks are busy or not. And if your mushrooms look like they could be active, you are more likely to get some creative guessing. But your pictures are crappy--if you can provide better pictures, there is more to work from. Buy a new camera, or hit the macro button on the one you have. A decent picture is indispensible when you find another specimen six months from now when you want to compare. And the spore print--if you have that you can do a lot of the narrowing down yourself.

Offlinecheezy_terror
Stranger
    #4339373 - 06/26/05 04:13 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

thanks for letting me know that im not the only one out there being ignored, it just amazed me, by posting an improper post, I got zillions of replies scolding me or whatever, just goes to show how many people look at it. But I do the proper ID characteristics, and post a pic, and no reply in 12 hrs...where a poster 4 hrs LATER than me already got a PAGE going on his lbm id topic.... >_< thanks again

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification