Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

Loc: Sw Florida
Mycomonsters kit
    #4335380 - 06/25/05 10:41 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I ordered a MycoMonster small growing kit from Ebay. I should receive it today or Monday. I already have the spore syringes from SporeSource-- (recieved in 2 days-- GREAT Service!!) The already sterile substrate seemed easier to me than making it. Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Any advice?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: aryanna]
    #4335383 - 06/25/05 10:43 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Not really, most people around here don't use kits because they're typically expensive and unreliable. Can you provide a link or something?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: Holydiver]
    #4335391 - 06/25/05 10:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm anxious to begin growing and wanted to lessen the odds of contamination. Why don't people like the kits-- is it the money or the effectiveness?

***deleted link...don't post links to non shroomery sponsors!~***
thank you!~
-Road

Edited by Roadkill (06/25/05 11:51 AM)

Offlinei8an8th
Mrs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lala land Flag
    #4335406 - 06/25/05 10:58 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I'm useing that kit and so far so good still dont have any pinning yet and i put the cakes in the rubber made tub monday.

--------------------
:sporedrop:

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: i8an8th]
    #4335412 - 06/25/05 11:04 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

The main reason ppl frown on kits like that, is you could buy everything in that kit for 20$ or under, Augustins Dbl tub tek could show u how to make one easily.. Plus for optimal results, you would have to go out and buy a coolmist after you got the kit anyway..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: Kalix]
    #4335424 - 06/25/05 11:14 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

like they say you dont learn shit from a kit.. if youve never mixed and experimented with the pf jars/casings how do you know your getting a good product.. and plus if you go to wal-mart you could have all that shit the same day and no s&h charges :smile:  but i will say i dont think that is a bad price for a kit, i know ppl that have spent over 100$ for a smaller kit than that, and no it wasnt me :crazy2: .  as long as everything goes well you will deffently make your money back (not talking about dealing).

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

#4335511 - 06/25/05 12:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Augustins Dbl tub tek-- could you send me the link to this technique? I was planning on doing the technique for Simple Minds, also. I hope to learn to do it from scratch but it does not seem to me do be as simple as everyone says. I hope I haven't offended anyone for using a kit, just looking for help for a beginner.

Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

#4335512 - 06/25/05 12:09 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

What is a coolmist?

Invisiblebackupwards
peon

Loc: somewhere else
    #4335528 - 06/25/05 12:15 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

here is the link for augustins dbl tub:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4323984/an/0/page/7
what you get with those mycomonsters is not too bad of a price, but as everyone else is telling you, doing it yourself lets you learn more about the shroom and its needs.
good luck
peace

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: backupwards]
    #4335567 - 06/25/05 12:36 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Nothing wrong with a kit if thats the step you wanna take. I hope you have success.

Many people probably prefer from scratch techniques because the end product is more personal. Thats why I like it at least. I'm very proud of my humble yields at the end of the day.

That and its boatloads cheaper, however, the kit you got looks pretty economical. Most those kits are cash throwaways, but it doesn't look like the price your paying deviates too much from the materials and labor you're getting. By maybe 15-20 dollars at most, which for some people is worth not having to pack and clean their own jars.

Best of luck to you I hope it works.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: beyondsisxth]
    #4335817 - 06/25/05 02:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

i bought everything to make a "kit" for less than half of the price at home depot and walmart, and like willmafingerdo said, you dont learn anything from a premade kit, ive already learned a few mistakes not to repeat, cool mist you can find at walgreens for $30.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinethremix
Big Spender

Loc: Temple of Boom
Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4336010 - 06/25/05 03:06 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

My friend,you will never know the feeling of walking around wal-mart or HD, or Lowes, and have a cart full of mycology lol it is great when you shop for the tubs and gloves and mask and so on. I got a little carried a way and spent well over $200.00 lol but it was so much fun and every time I go to wal-mart I buy a new tub or gloves or some thing.

btw get a jet lighter.

--------------------
http://www.gainesvilleps.org/

Dale Carnegie, once said that he never needed to know any thing about any thing because he knew EVERY thing. Any time he didn't know some thing, he asked, he asked his team, his friends, And most important he asked the person that would know the answer.

Edited by thremix (06/25/05 03:53 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Wang
Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: thremix]
    #4336123 - 06/25/05 03:41 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

lol im the same way thremix... every time im at HD or WM i buy something new to add to the collection.

--------------------
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." 
~Thomas Jefferson

A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.
~George Washington

Offlinebeyondsisxth
Title?
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycomonsters kit [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #4336214 - 06/25/05 04:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Home Depot is like the Vatican to me.

--------------------
The sun was pulling cheap shots doing commercial body tricks, Behind the back, Under the leg, I think he even did a headspin, On a crossfader that sounded whack, But looked excellent, All of the sudden it gets dim, The crater face steps in, Puts mexican drumbreaks on the Technics, He's like "Let's begin", He conducted an orchestra so dope the sun started sweatin' him, I guess he'd expected to win on pure artistic merit, Composing complex plays with nothin but soundbytes, Burned out the lights, Made MCs too self conscious quit the master mics, For a thousand nights, It continued without a single slip up, Except once the record skipped, But it kinda sounded cool.

OfflineBilly1111
I Don't Know
 User Gallery

Loc: In That Place
    #4336536 - 06/25/05 06:16 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I use mycomonster for jars and have great results.....everything comes vacumed packed and seems to really watch what he is doing...i also bought a casing starter set( for 50 bucks it seems fine be me)I don't have the facilites to make jars nor do i have the time to mess with them and as far as this casing starter kit goes it will save me time and help me to learn.....so I am not a true grower ....so what:

--------------------
"to be free of the opinion of others......to be free of the opinion of yourself............"

I have schizophrenia.All my post are lies written by one of my alter egos.Help search for a cure.

Edited by Billy1111 (06/25/05 06:18 PM)

Offlinearyanna
Free Bird
 User Gallery

#4340472 - 06/26/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I bougjht all the supplies for the PF tek. I'm too anxious and am not even going to wait for the kit. I've read enough now , that I get it. I'll let ya'll know how it goes? Thanks for your input.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation