Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can"
    #4334600 - 06/25/05 02:05 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Winning The War On Terror

Bush claims he can win the war on terror: "One of the interesting things people ask me, now that we're asking questions, is, can you ever win the war on terror? Of course, you can." [President Bush, 4/13/04]

?Bush says war on terror is unwinnable: "I don't think you can win [the war on terror]." [President Bush, 8/30/04]

?Bush says he will win the war on terror: "Make no mistake about it, we are winning and we will win [the war on terror]." [President Bush, 8/31/04]

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: Swami]
    #4334980 - 06/25/05 04:30 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Bush is an illuminati puppet. He will say what he is told to say. War on terrorism is war on personal freedom.

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: otoroko]
    #4335027 - 06/25/05 04:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

what about those planes crashing into our buildings? Those bombs exploding in our embassys?

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: Swami]
    #4335250 - 06/25/05 08:52 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I look forward to the day that Bush tells the American people that we've killed the world's last terrorist and that everything is safe again. Until that happens, I'll do anything he asks of me.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: Learyfan]
    #4335371 - 06/25/05 10:35 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
I look forward to the day that Bush tells the American people that we've killed the world's last terrorist and that everything is safe again. Until that happens, I'll do anything he asks of me.

:rolleyes:
I hope that was sarcasm

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: niteowl]
    #4335390 - 06/25/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

No, I'm serious.  It's the same thing with the war on drugs.  I'm sure pretty soon the government will announce that all illegal drugs have been eradicated forever.  Why would they start a "war" that can't be won?  :confused:

--------------------

Offlineotoroko
EsotericIllumination

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #4335557 - 06/25/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
what about those planes crashing into our buildings? Those bombs exploding in our embassys?

Look deeper into it, same people. Like invading countries because of weapons you sold them...

--------------------
when you're watching television the higher brain regions (like the midbrain and the neo-cortex) are shut down, and most activity shifts to the lower brain regions (like the limbic system). The right hemisphere is twice as active as the left, a neurological anomaly. The crossover from left to right releases a surge of the body?s natural opiates: endorphins, which include beta-endorphins and enkephalins. Endorphins are structurally identical to opium and its derivatives (morphine, codeine, heroin, etc.).After just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #4335621 - 06/25/05 12:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I look forward to the day that Bush tells the American people that we've killed the world's last terrorist and that everything is safe again.

Do you look forward to that day as eagerly as you look forward to the day the Attorney General tells the American people we've imprisoned America's last rapist?

Phred

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: Phred]
    #4335627 - 06/25/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
Quote:

I look forward to the day that Bush tells the American people that we've killed the world's last terrorist and that everything is safe again.

Do you look forward to that day as eagerly as you look forward to the day the Attorney General tells the American people we've imprisoned America's last rapist?

The day we catch the last rapist comes after the day we free all of the resources used to arrest and house non-violent drug offenders.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: otoroko]
    #4335628 - 06/25/05 01:01 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

otoroko writes:

Quote:

Like invading countries because of weapons you sold them...

And which countries would those be?

Phred

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4335632 - 06/25/05 01:02 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Stop being coy. Though it's not why we went to war with them, you damn well know he's talking about Iraq.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Bush: "We can win, no we can't, yes we can" [Re: Redstorm]
    #4335640 - 06/25/05 01:07 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

He can't be talking about Iraq, since the US government sold no prohibited weaponry to Iraq, and very little weaponry of any sort, for that matter.

Less than one per cent of Hussein's armaments were of American manufacture. The bulk of it was Russian and French. This is a matter of public record, which is why I asked the question.

Phred

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4335642 - 06/25/05 01:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
No, I'm serious.  It's the same thing with the war on drugs.  I'm sure pretty soon the government will announce that all illegal drugs have been eradicated forever.  Why would they start a "war" that can't be won?  :confused:

:rolleyes:

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Quote:

camelsmoker said:
I know I'm on probation for 2 years and i gotta pay 50 bucks a month for that whole to years for probation fees i got random drug tests that cost money and 800 dollar fine for actually having the weed and i gotta take an 80 dollar course on drugs and shit they make more money off of you busting u why would they make it legal?  people would grow it anyway...the government is just fucked up like that ..hypocritical fascists!!!!

Cha-CHING!  :sad:

To make money off people :shrug:

This "War on Drugs" has been going on for 30+ years now and until the law changes this "war" will never end.

Quote:

Learyfan said:

:lol:

Then you need to stop using drugs.

Oh yea, you need to turn in everyone you know that is using drugs too.......:rotfl:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4335658 - 06/25/05 01:20 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Phred said:
and very little weaponry of any sort, for that matter.

Quote:

Representative Samuel Gejdenson, Democrat of Connecticut, chairman of a House subcommittee investigating "United States Exports of Sensitive Technology to Iraq," stated in 1991:

"From 1985 to 1990, the United States Government approved 771 licenses for the export to Iraq of $1.5 billion worth of biological agents and high-tech equipment with military application. [Only thirty-nine applications were rejected.]

http://www.indybay.org/news/2002/03/119547.php

Quote:

Key

A = nuclear weapon program
B = biological weapon program
C = chemical weapon program
R = rocket program
K = conventional weapons, military logistics, supplies at the Iraqi Ministry of Defense, and building of military plants

USA

1. Honeywell (R, K)

2. Spectra Physics (K)

3. Semetex (R)

4. TI Coating (A, K)

5. Unisys (A, K)

6. Sperry Corp. (R, K)

7. Tektronix (R, A)

8. Rockwell (K)

9. Leybold Vacuum Systems (A)

10. Finnigan-MAT-US (A)

11. Hewlett-Packard (A, R, K)

12. Dupont (A)

13. Eastman Kodak (R)

14. American Type Culture Collection (B)

15. Alcolac International (C)

16. Consarc (A)

17. Carl Zeiss - U.S (K)

18. Cerberus (LTD) (A)

19. Electronic Associates (R)

20. International Computer Systems (A, R, K)

21. Bechtel (K)

22. EZ Logic Data Systems, Inc. (R)

23. Canberra Industries Inc. (A)

24. Axel Electronics Inc. (A)

"In addition to these 24 companies home-based in the USA are 50 subsidiaries of foreign enterprises which conducted their arms business with Iraq from within the US. Also designated as suppliers for Iraq's arms programs (A, B, C & R) are the US Ministries of Defense, Energy, Trade and Agriculture as well as the Lawrence Livermore, Los Alamos and Sandia National Laboratories."

http://www.thememoryhole.org/corp/iraq-suppliers.htm

That doesn't look like very little weaponry to me.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4336050 - 06/25/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Read what is actually written in the link you provided.

It doesn't describe weapons, it describes equipment with possible (and I stress "possible") use in military applications.

Note that "biological agents" refer to everything from nutrient media to reference cultures.

The US has never provided VX or Sarin or mustard gas or any other nerve gas to Iraq. To the best of my knowledge, neither has any other country. Iraq synthesized it all on their own.

As for non-NBC weaponry, I have yet to find anything at all provided to Iraq by the US government. No fighters, no tanks, no assault rifles, no artillery pieces, no uniforms, boots, ammunition, or sidearms. No helicopters. No missiles, no mortars.

Note further the list of companies and then investigate what kind of equipment they actually manufacture. Zeiss, for example, makes microscopes and other optics. Hewlett Packard makes spectrum analyzers and oscilloscopes. Leybold vacuum systems makes vacuum pumps. To call any of that "weaponry" is to stretch the definition of "weaponry" till it no longer has any real meaning.

Finally, if you think 1.5 billion is a large amount, remember that over sixty other countries provided similar equipment -- including Sweden. The great majority of those countries provided far more (in dollar terms) than did the US.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4336073 - 06/25/05 03:26 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

I don't doubt your statments, but could you drag me up some sources? I am only moderately knowledgable in this area, and if what you say is true, I'd like to read it for myself. I'm sure you don't mind.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#4336586 - 06/25/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Plenty of info as well as plenty of links in these two threads, especially in the first post in the thread.

http://www.shroomery.org/archives/showfl...rue#Post2005324

http://www.shroomery.org/archives/showfl...rue#Post1387485

It's worth reading through each of the threads all the way through, though, since additional info is often found in the replies to the opening post.

As a side note, this is why I sometimes get snippy when asked over and over and over again to provide sources for my statements. Everything -- and I do mean everything -- that is being rehashed in the last few days in the most active threads has been verified and reverified countless times over the last three years or so in this forum. All of these spurious claims I'm spending time re-debunking this week have been so thoroughly debunked by myself and a dozen others in this very forum that I tend to lose patience with people asking me to back myself up for the thirtieth time. I have to remind myself that some of the newer members are coming late to the party and that they honestly haven't seen this stuff before, because you'll never see it in the Leftie Mainstream Media news programs or newspapers -- you have to put a bit of effort into finding it.

What really grinds my gears is when I get these same requests from older members I know have seen this stuff before and are just trying to make me work for nothing. When I get a request from a veteran poster to provide a link to something I know he's seen before (often because he responded to the original thread in which it appeared) I have an extremely hard time following the "no flaming rule". That's just plain rude behavior on the part of the person involved, and does them no credit whatsoever.

I don't have unlimited time to track down all this stuff again every few weeks for new members. As it happens, in this case I could remember the title of one of the threads ("Who armed Iraq") and I remembered the name of the poster in the other case (Wingnutx, who has made only 200 posts) so a search of the archives was pretty straightforward and not particularly time-consuming. This isn't always the case. Also, the search engine here is less than perfect -- sometimes for no apparent reason it will completely miss posts with the necessary key words. Yes, I could always Google something, but with Google one ends up searching sometimes tens of thousands of URLs rather than a few dozen or a few hundred archived posts here.

As a parting observation, let me point out just how easy it is (now that we have such a thing as the wonderful intraweb) to debunk the common claims repeated by the Leftist moonbats so often that they are accepted uncritically by those too naive to do their own verification. None of the information provided in the threads linked above was particularly difficult to find, and none of it is disputable. Yet tens (if not hundreds) of millions of Lefties around the world have been so thoroughly brainwashed by the Noam Chomskys and Michael Moores and Greg Palasts and Paul Krugmans of the world that it never occurs to them that the most commonly accepted "facts" these nutbars spew...

-- the US "installed" Hussein
-- the US provided Hussein WMDs
-- the US armed Hussein to the teeth
-- various European intelligence agencies "knew" pre-March/2003 that there were no WMDs in Iraq
-- UN sanctions killed a million Iraqi infants
-- and dozens more

... are pure unadulterated bullshit. It seems that anyone who makes an oh-so-clever remark comparing Bush to Hitler gains automatic "can-never-be-wrong" status in the eyes of these poor souls whose brains have been turned to mush in government schools:

"Dewd, he says Bush is a smirking chimp, haw haw haw! If he's smart enough to spot that, he just has to be right about all this other shit, dewd. Like, totally!"

Redstorm, I'm not including you in the group described above, don't worry. I realize you are honestly trying to gather as much information on these things as you can, and I appreciate that. I just find it sad you have to ask for sources to these things. If the fucking press weren't so relentlessly anti-American, all this stuff would be common knowledge. Fortunately, thanks to the net, we no longer need to rely on whatever the legacy media decides to push while remaining gnorant of what they decide to bury. We can -- with just a little bit of effort -- go straight to the source.

Phred

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#4338701 - 06/26/05 10:17 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Niteowl, you and Phred can laugh all you want. Soon you will see Mr. Bush bring the last terrorist to justice and destroy the last drug. I don't expect him to bring the last rapist to justice because he hasn't declared war on rape. I assume because the government feels that the war on rape can't be won.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#4338899 - 06/26/05 12:31 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Again you mis-speak.

You should have said:
Quote:

Learyfan said:
Niteowl, you and Phred can laugh all you want.  Soon you will see Mr. Bush bring the last radical Muslim to justice......

I might buy that reasoning, but to say that Bush can stop terrorism WORLD WIDE, is foolish.

All it takes for someone to become a terrorist, is to get pissed off at the system enuf to fight back. Is Bush going to end anger the world over :rolleyes: ......hardly. If anything he is making terrorism WORSE by his actions not better.

The war on drugs has been going on for 30+ years now with NO END IN SITE. How is Bush going to "destroy the last drug" in his remaining 3 years?

The ONLY way, that could be done, that quick, is to nuke every nation on the face of the earth except the good old USA.

Your comments lately have been highly asinine and makes me wonder if you have been possessed by some Christian fundamentalist........:confused:

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#4338953 - 06/26/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Dude!!!!!!

I'm trying to give you hints that I'm kidding!  Sorry to mislead you, but I figured you'd catch on that I'm joking.  :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Microscope

General Interest >> Political Discussion