Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Yield
    #4334317 - 06/24/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hi, I am new to the forum. I initially decided to research how to cultivate muschrooms shortly after I have began growing weed . My indulgence in weed is becoming rather dull and I find myself feeling useless and stupid. Thus, I would like to revert my interest in drugs to a rather mentally pleasing and expanding drug; mushrooms. However, I am new to cultivating mushrooms and have some questions. I read a step=by-steo procedure on how to make cakes and how to inoculate the cakes. I am thinking about buying 5 different spore-types. One of my first questions is. How much of the syringe do I administer per cake? Do I do it all in 2, 4, 5, different spots..or can I actually do more than one jar? My main question is. How much does does one cake yield on average, wet and dry weight?

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: Yield [Re: newmodel]
    #4334332 - 06/24/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you can do hundreds of cakes with one syringe once you know how. but for beginners sake lets say 5-7 cakes per syringe. make sure the tek you read was the PF-Tek it is the best to start with.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlineyodabuds
Back for more ....
 User Gallery
    #4334355 - 06/24/05 10:48 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Welcome to this great site!
I myself am a very newbie here and I am preparing for my first grow myself... The most important thing I can suggest to use is read as many teks as possible and try to see which tek best suits your needs.... alot of questions and reasearch can also be done by searching this forum and reading prior posts. I would also suggest you starting off with just one spore type for your first try. It may not seem like alot but with plenty of reading of the different teks on this site, it (the one spore syringe) can yield you quite a bit of spore soultion, agar, etc... I have gotten the b+ spore and am going to try and do a karo syrup agar... Also am going to try and make some of my own brown rice flow(brf) cakes myself. If you are using a half pint jar, from what ive read you oughta inject between .5cc and 1cc per jar. With one spore syringe you oughta be able to do between 12 and 24 1/2pint jars. How much you would be able to yield Im not quite sure.... we both will try it and report back to this forum with our results... I wish you the best of luck....
Yodabuds
check out a few of these teks for starts...
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7919
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4141612

These are the teks Im going to try....

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

#4334371 - 06/24/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

you only use 1 cc. per cake and its common to split it up into 4 diff spots, punch 4 lil holes evenly spaced round the outside of the lid and that will be plenty, if you put more in you can throw off the moistur content and mess the whole cake up.  and dont be stoned when making up your cakes :bongload: atleast not the first couple times :smile:. i dont know about anyone else but i would only get 1 syring to begin with till you get the hang of it and get your setup the way you want it.. im still a noob myself tried cakes 2 times with no luck and im on my 2nd batch of casings and have changed my setup atleast 10 times :frown: , and i think i finaly got it the way i like it :smile:.  what you need to do is read, read and read some more and ask questions :smile:  as for yeild nobody can realy answer that, atleast thats my opion my first batch of casings i probly got about 5 oz wet probly (ate alot wet so dont know dry weight total) but my 2nd set of casings i probly have that one each one now, (will know here in 2 days total weight!! :smile:  but just make sure u read alot and when u go to buy your syringes use one of the shroomerys sponsered vendors, you wont get ripped off!!  theres my two cents.. hope it helps out!! and gl with your grow :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
:scaryshroom: :shitstorm: :mattz: :bongload: :gethigh: :scaryshroom:

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

remember opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.

Invisiblepatchwork
Cake-eatingDandy

Loc: The Hall of Mirrors
Re: Yield [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4334372 - 06/24/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
you can do hundreds of cakes with one syringe once you know how. but for beginners sake lets say 5-7 cakes per syringe. make sure the tek you read was the PF-Tek it is the best to start with.

Dunno.  Magash's grain tek is essentially idiot-proof.  He has a good write-up with pics, etc.  Might as well go rye and buy some pint or quart jars.  :thumbup:  More to play around with and seriously easier than messing with BRF, verm, etc.  That's what I did.  :shrug:  Then I discovered pasteurizing poo after a G2G a couple of months later... :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4334373 - 06/24/05 10:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

That link up there "Mushroom Info" will give you lots of answers. Reading as much as you can is key. Start by reading the pf tek.

--------------------

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Re: Yield [Re: patchwork]
    #4334406 - 06/24/05 11:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

patchwork said:
Quote:

lemon_lw said:

Dunno.  Magash's grain tek is essentially idiot-proof.  He has a good write-up with pics, etc.  Might as well go rye and buy some pint or quart jars.  :thumbup:  More to play around with and seriously easier than messing with BRF, verm, etc.  That's what I did.  :shrug:  Then I discovered pasteurizing poo after a G2G a couple of months later... :laugh:

your right i should have added an IMO at the end of that. but to each his own.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Yield [Re: pshawny]
    #4334415 - 06/24/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

ya im with patchwork.. cakes are way to much hassel.. i use grain and omg its so much easier!! but i started with cakes like everyone else :smile: helps you apricate the simplicity of grain.. :smile:

--------------------

I am not lost.. i am going there looking for it.. and when i get there and find it, i will know what it is..

"The way to stop violence is not to go out and let your head be beaten in but to say, you want to take my life risk yours!"

"are you sure u want to eat all them shrooms??"  "yes i want to hear what my mind has to say..."

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: Yield [Re: pshawny]
    #4334416 - 06/24/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thank you SO much everyone. I was not aware that you can inoculate so many cakes with one syringe. Umm the tech that I was going to fallow is .....hmm not sure who i is by....but here is the link to it. http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7919/pag/2

Thanks once again.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

#4334430 - 06/24/05 11:08 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

in the credits it tells you where it came from.

--------------------

Offlinewillmafingerdo
the noob
Male User Gallery

Re: Yield [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4334437 - 06/24/05 11:10 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

newmodel read up on some honeywater tec's that way you can turn one syringe into alot more :smile:

--------------------

Offlinethashaman
Biophilosopher

#4335134 - 06/25/05 04:30 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hello. I understand you are a newbie. I definately encourage you to continue your interests in the wonderful world of mycology. This being said...PLEASE read past posts and articles/teks, and actually experiment with your first grow before posting really common questions that have already been answered 10-20 times. Being somewhat of a newbie myself, I must say that 90% of your questions can be answered by...suprise suprise, yourself after your first attempt. You may fail. You may succeed. Either way, you will gain valuable knowlege for your next attempt. And if you are using cake teks, don't be discouraged if you don't get huge flushes.(It's not impossible, some have perfected the cake teks and probably get more out of thier cakes than my casings. LMAO.) But I wouldn't expect more than 10 g. dry per flush per cake... GOODLUCK. And I hope this helped.

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: Yield [Re: thashaman]
    #4335204 - 06/25/05 06:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

IF you have a presure cooker ypu can start with grain, but only IF you have a PC.. I started with BRF cakes though..

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds