Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs.
    #4332730 - 06/24/05 02:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

1. Denmark
2. Switzerland
3. Netherlands
4. Portugal
5. Italy
6. Luxembourg
7. Belgium
8. Spain
9. Australia
10. Austria

In summary, in Spain, Italy, Portugal, and Luxembourg, there has been decriminalization by law, meaning that the law does not foresee possession for personal consumption of some or of any drugs as criminal offenses. The same framework will probably be applied in the near future in Belgium, after the announced law is issued.

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/internat.htm
What nations are doing the most to protect people from the war on drugs?
You may choose many

Votes accepted from (06/24/05 02:10 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: LSDempire]
    #4332739 - 06/24/05 02:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: LSDempire]
    #4332743 - 06/24/05 02:16 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i wouldnt want to live in an america without a "war on drugs"

--------------------
You gotta jump and swing up to hit me in the knees.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #4332863 - 06/24/05 03:01 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Ya, who in their right mind would want to live in a country with less crime and more money for public needs.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: barfightlard]
    #4332945 - 06/24/05 03:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

americans couldnt handle legalization.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: WhiteRabbitt]
    #4332950 - 06/24/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
i wouldnt want to live in an america without a "war on drugs"

Thats it no more mushrooms for you.

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: barfightlard]
    #4332952 - 06/24/05 03:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

and "less crime, more money" is just speculation and not objective fact.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #4332973 - 06/24/05 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

no...it would be fact. If you make something legal..then obviously the crime rate would go down, since that would no longer be considered a crime.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineSycronica
Seeker
Loc: Inside my head
Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: Rono]
    #4333342 - 06/24/05 05:05 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

no...it would be fact. If you make something legal..then obviously the crime rate would go down, since that would no longer be considered a crime.

Not only would the crime rate go down because it is no longer a crime...but all the other crime associated with black market would go down also. No more drug deals gone bad if it is done in the light of day at the 7-11. What crime is there involved with tabacco? Yet if tabacco was illegal there would someone getting shot because of his huge stash.

Making drugs illegal breeds more crime then there would be otherwise. But who cares? There is big money to be made in the black market, and no need to report the income to congress.

--------------------
Think for yourself. Question authority.

Forgiveness is the ultimate sacrifice.

You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people all the time.

Edited by Sycronica (06/24/05 05:09 PM)

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4334032 - 06/24/05 09:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
americans couldnt handle legalization.

Perhaps you could not handle legalization, but you do not speak for America.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4334078 - 06/24/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineWhiteRabbitt
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4334313 - 06/24/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm not speaking for America, I am saying that culturally and psychologically, Americans are very different than Europeans and that legalization would not be a move in the right direction. Take a look at the difference in alcohol between America and Western Europe, for example.

--------------------

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4334398 - 06/24/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
I'm not speaking for America, I am saying that culturally and psychologically, Americans are very different than Europeans and that legalization would not be a move in the right direction. Take a look at the difference in alcohol between America and Western Europe, for example.

Are you trying to tell me that Americans are so stupid, they can not think for themselves? I was born in Norway, and I live in Florida. Moving to the United States was the biggest mistake of my life, not because I hate Americans, but because I hate the American government. There is no way the American public could be any dumber than their own government. The government is dumbing its own people down by lying to them. If we had a Libertarian government in the United States, the average American would become a lot more responsible.

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #4334414 - 06/24/05 11:03 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
americans couldnt handle legalization...

i think they probably could...it might take 30 years...so what?

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
[and "less crime, more money"] is just speculation and not objective fact.

probability tells me there'd be less crime

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: kake]
    #4334819 - 06/25/05 01:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: kake]
    #4593849 - 08/29/05 12:35 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kake said:
Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
americans couldnt handle legalization...

i think they probably could...it might take 30 years...so what?

Quote:

WhiteRabbitt said:
[and "less crime, more money"] is just speculation and not objective fact.

probability tells me there'd be less crime

I agree.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: Rono]
    #4593885 - 08/29/05 12:44 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Rono said:

Why not just make all crimes legal? Then we'll have a 0% crime rate.

The fact of the matter is, the War on Drugs is there for a reason. You could legalize drugs, which would skewer the statistics since this harmful crime would no longer be considered criminal, but you'd probably notice a rise in everything else. Once people have access to cheap, pure drugs on any cornerstore without any reason not to try them, we'll have addicts running all over the streets, stealing, raping, murdering and overall harming other people.

Drugs are a major part of crime, and to make them even more common and cheaper is just like throwing gasoline on the fire.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: Ravus]
    #4593896 - 08/29/05 12:47 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

"Once people have access to cheap, pure drugs on any cornerstore without any reason not to try them, we'll have addicts running all over the streets, stealing, raping, murdering and overall harming other people."

Perhaps a sister law would be necessary for legalization then. Something along the lines of...commit a crime while under the influence, and be sentenced to death. Sentence to be carried out no longer than 72 hours after conviction.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: daimyo]
    #4593916 - 08/29/05 12:53 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Or we could say that commit a crime and be put to death within 72 hours. Why punish someone more if they are under the influence? Your statements about rape, murder, stealing, and overall harm is just propaganda. There is no proof that drug use causes rape, murder, or any other form of sadism.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Nations that are taking steps towards protecting people from the war on drugs. [Re: Ravus]
    #4593922 - 08/29/05 12:55 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

Rono said:

Why not just make all crimes legal? Then we'll have a 0% crime rate.

The fact of the matter is, the War on Drugs is there for a reason. You could legalize drugs, which would skewer the statistics since this harmful crime would no longer be considered criminal, but you'd probably notice a rise in everything else. Once people have access to cheap, pure drugs on any cornerstore without any reason not to try them, we'll have addicts running all over the streets, stealing, raping, murdering and overall harming other people.

Drugs are a major part of crime, and to make them even more common and cheaper is just like throwing gasoline on the fire.

I am so sick of people that compare drug use to rape and murder. If you can not see the difference between harming someone else against their will and getting high I can't help you.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies