Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
live mycelium
    #4334082 - 06/24/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

why wont mushbox.com and others send live mycelium to the USA i know its illegal to have in 49 of the 50 states but here in Florida mycelium is legal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Re: live mycelium [Re: BLAST_420]
    #4334110 - 06/24/05 09:37 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Maybe because they operate out of states where it's illegal????!!!

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: live mycelium [Re: GatorB]
    #4334123 - 06/24/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

because it will get seized. Almost certain they won't take the risk. Why would they im sure they got plenty of buyers elsewhere. I wouldn't even try getting live mycelium sent even though i seen some sell on ebay once. It was in a syringe though.

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

Offlinedrugsaregood
PhD B+
 User Gallery

#4334125 - 06/24/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

that would be like "intent to cultivate", but I've thought of that too. Could we look at myc in our microscopes?

--------------------
For "incoherent dribble" (drivel) try www.dictionary.com

Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find there's no need

OfflineGNIOM1498
Death Cup
 User Gallery

Loc: My home is where my spiri...
Re: live mycelium [Re: drugsaregood]
    #4334150 - 06/24/05 09:51 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

nope sorry illegal

--------------------

----ALL MY POSTS ARE FICTIONAL-------

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: live mycelium [Re: drugsaregood]
    #4334154 - 06/24/05 09:53 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

yea its weird in all the states but Florida mycelium is illegal Florida is a cool place to live

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4334166 - 06/24/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Uh. What made you think that it is legal in Florida? It is certainly not. The only case that makes Florida stand out would be Richard D. Fiske V Florida .. and that had to do with wild mushrooms. Growing anything that has psilocybin is very much against the law unless you have a license. The DEA is a Federal agency. Just like California wanted to make medical marijuana legal and couldn't.. the DEA does not give a shit about state laws.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Edited by Quiescence (06/24/05 10:02 PM)

InvisibleBLAST_420
Stranger
Re: live mycelium [Re: Quiescence]
    #4334187 - 06/24/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #4334340 - 06/24/05 10:44 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote from Erowid.com
"Florida #
Florida stands out because of a decision in 1978 in Fiske v Florida by the Florida Supreme Court which ruled that wild-picked psilocybin mushrooms could not be legally considered "containers" of psilocybin and thus would have to be specifically listed in Florida law by the legislature if they meant to make them illegal. Since the Florida legislature has not chosen to change the laws since then, wild Psilocybin mushrooms are presumptively legal to possess in Florida. This does not mean police won't arrest people for possession of even wild mushrooms, but this has been used as a successful defense against such charges."

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: live mycelium [Re: pshawny]
    #4334348 - 06/24/05 10:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I still wouldn't suggest risking it. The law is usually bent in favor of the other side.

--------------------

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4334383 - 06/24/05 10:55 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Visual examination of a drop of the liquid at 750x magnification revealed thousands of brownish colored, semi-transparent, oval shaped spores. Each solution was used to inoculate four different growth media: Potato, dextrose, yeast agar (PDY), dog food agar (DFA), malt extract agar (MEA), and brown rice powder and vermiculite. The basic procedures followed those provided in: Gross ST. Detecting psychoactive drugs in the developmental stages of mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 2000;45(3):527. [Further details not provided in accordance with Bulletin policy.] Mycelium growth was obtained with two of the syringes; analysis of samples of the mycelium by GC/MS and GC/IRD confirmed psilocin (see: Casale JF. An aqueous-organic extraction method for the isolation and identification of psilocin from hallucinogenic mushrooms. Journal of Forensic Sciences 1985;30(1):247). Transfer of the mycelium to a grow chamber resulted in mushroom growth (see Photo 5), and analysis of the dried mushrooms confirmed psilocin. This was the first submission of this type to the Western Laboratory.

http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/programs/forensicsci/microgram/mg0703/mg0703.html

Quote:

A number of Schedule I hallucinogenic substances are classified chemically as tryptamines. Most of these are found in nature but many, if not all, can be produced synthetically. Psilocybin (O-phosphoryl-4-hydroxy-N, N-ethyltryptamine) and psilocyn (4-hydroxy-N, N-dimethyltryptamine)

http://www.dea.gov/concern/psilocybin.html

Conclusion: If mycelium contains psilocin according to the DEA studies, and psilocin is illegal... AND the DEA has jurisdiction over Florida.... MMMMMMM

However, you can argue that since the DEA does not execute many mushroom raids.. that state law is important because they are often the ones performing raids. But that still does not make it 'legal'. Plus, if they want to raid you because they think you are growing mushrooms.. and when they turn up at your house all they find is jars of fuzzy white stuff.. I assure you they will not just leave.

~Quiescence~

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

#4334399 - 06/24/05 10:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

BLAST_420 said:
yea its weird in all the states but Florida mycelium is illegal Florida is a cool place to live

If you read the chart that your using as your basis.. it says the same thing for Oregon.. and Federal. Which would mean ALL states. But I would not trust their little fun facts chart anyway.

Sorry about being a dick. But it is not legal.

~Quiescence~

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale