Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Return to Mushrooms
    #4332102 - 06/24/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Well I think I'm ready. After a long dry spell following fifteen mainly wonderful mushroom trips, I'm ready to return to the land of psilocybin. I managed to snag about an 1/8th (it was unweighed and relatively free, and I've yet to get it to a friend's to use a scale) and I think I'll split it with my girlfriend, most likely trying tea for the first time. (Every other time I've just chomped 'em down).

I had an extremely difficult trip two summers ago, and then the Thanksgiving that followed that tripped for my second-ever Phish show and had a wonderful time despite some guy really bugging me out. After that there was a dry spell and then I tried taking mush again for another Phish show last June and had one of those rides that just aborts itself after an hour and a half, leaving you feeling like you're about to really go off on a crazy trip...and that's about as far as you get. It really put a bad taste in my mouth regarding mushrooms.

This past weekend I had my first trip(s) in nature..acid and MDA, and they both interacted wonderfully with the greenery and woodland surroundings. I think for my first mush experience, I should get out of the city. I guess that's the trip tip I wanted - do you think that I'd have an easier time engaging the psilocybin and coming to terms with it (it's so MINDFUCKing sometimes!) if I was in natural surroundings? I've done mush about 15 times, and I've done acid 12 times, and only two of those trips have been anywhere but a city...neither of those two were mushroom trips.

I have to say, I'm nervous. I feel like I'm at a nexus in my life, a moment when I'm free of school and work and completely in-between things and pretty much walking out onto the diving board of life, and I'm a little nervous about what mushrooms could do to me in this state.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4332142 - 06/24/05 01:23 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

first, dont split up that 8th, that will result in dissapointment probably.
maybe you should consider waiting, if you are unsure of the position that you are in as far as your life in general goes. On the other hand, sometimes it is better to trip during times of uncertainty because the mushroom can give you great insight on your situation, and help you make decisions that result in self improvement and move your life into the direction it needs to go. no one should trip if they do not "feel" the time is right. trust your intuition, it knows best. good luck, and have a safe and fun trip.

--------------------

Male

Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4332162 - 06/24/05 01:26 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I've had many half-8th trips and have often tripped quite hard off that amount, so I don't think that will be a problem. I'd rather do it with my girlfriend than go solo anyhow.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4332179 - 06/24/05 01:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
do you think that I'd have an easier time engaging the psilocybin and coming to terms with it (it's so MINDFUCKing sometimes!) if I was in natural surroundings?

possibly, but not necessarily. if you love nature and feel comfortble out in the wild, then its always going to be a great place to trip. for me, setting has become less and less important each time i've tripped. for engaging and coming to terms with the drug i would recommend darkness and silence, but different things suit different people.

Quote:

I feel like I'm at a nexus in my life, a moment when I'm free of school and work and completely in-between things and pretty much walking out onto the diving board of life state.

sounds like a good time to trip to me.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4332263 - 06/24/05 01:49 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Hey Robot!  When I was on shrooms outside, everything in nature became a lesson.  Everytime I started to feel any anxiety, I touched my fingers to the earth and knew I was home.  I've found there is a meditative serenity in nature and if you let it guide you, you'll be golden.

I'm glad you had a great time outdoors on acid...I've never tried that and was wondering if tripping in nature is just as great on LSD as shrooms.  But from all accounts, sounds like it is! 

Safe journeys.  :heart:

Male

Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: MOTH]
    #4332272 - 06/24/05 01:51 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Outdoors on acid = :tripping: :sun: :heart:!  It was like there was no boundary between anything...ground and trees and water and sky and roots, it was all one. I feel like there'd be a lot more breathing and life in it on Shrooms...could get very intense.

I think what you just said probably is key though...letting nature guide me, and looking at it as a teacher. I'll keep that in mind.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineTangerines
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: woodwork Flag
    #4332398 - 06/24/05 02:28 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

I love nature so anywhere with alot of woods and streams and animals and such is very soothing to me. If you love nature, go to nature.

Offlineharpd
Passing By

Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: Tangerines]
    #4333614 - 06/24/05 08:53 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Glad to see you're returning to the fungus! I have to agree with ShroomDoom; This is a great time for a good trip, and hopefully it will give you some understanding of the choices available to you, helping you make the best decision. Get out of the city for a while and convene with nature. The woods are one of my favorite places to trip. It just gives you good energy all around. If you're making tea, be sure your dose is ground as finely as possible. I'm looking forward to a trip report for this one.

Go For It!
DHarp

Offlineheavensgate
Stranger
Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: harpd]
    #4335377 - 06/25/05 10:38 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

If you are in nature, it would be pretty hard to have a bad trip on a half 8th of shrooms. It is the perfect setting and you feel at peace...and for me it is better in nature on shrooms than acid. You will have a good time..

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#4335389 - 06/25/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Nature is fantastic on mushrooms, my most memorable trip was in a nature with my best friend. Complete with a little stream. There is so much life around you while tripping in nature, and you can feel every bit of it. Be sure to have your belongings in a secure spot so you don't lose anything, I had a problem with that.

OfflineToke420
Stranger
Re: Return to Mushrooms [Re: Trav]
    #4336442 - 06/25/05 05:46 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

a half eighth makes me VERY emotional, and slight hallucinations... i was laying in my g/f's bed and shes like threes a Snake!, and i was laying and the bed became a big land with Roley hills and a Snake was flying around me on the bed and i tried to catch it for a good 45 Min's before i got interested with the visual texture of Tommy Chongs face

only a half eighth..... full ones are much more magical

Edited by Toke420 (06/25/05 05:49 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Phish, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience