Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Ayahuasca Preperation
    #4329035 - 06/23/05 03:11 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Heya

I've been researching ayahuasca quite a bit the past few days, and came up with my own recipe. I wanted to make sure it would work alright before I went and did it. So...does this look okay:

Ingredients: (For 5 people)

56g powdered mimosa hostilis root bark (11.2g each)
22.5g crushed Syrian Rue (4.5g each)
HCl (Hydrochloric Acid) + Distilled water to pH 4.5

Preparation:

1. Mix all ingredients together and bring to a low boil (~212 F) in a Pyrex pot. Stir frequently for 30 minutes, checking the pH and adding HCl as needed. Add prepared water as needed to keep from boiling down too low.

2. Strain result through cheesecloth, saving as much liquid as possible.

3. Repeat steps 1 and 2 two more times.

4. Combine saved liquids and boil to drinkable amount.

Makes 5 doses.

I am using hydrochloric acid instead of the widely used lemons so that the nausea would hopefully be reduced. So will this prep work alright?

Thanks =0)

Edited by DirtyHippie (06/23/05 03:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Ayahuasca Preperation [Re: ]
    #4331860 - 06/24/05 10:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

might be a little bit on the "heavy" side...
you can let the brew settle in the fridge for a couple days & decant the clearish liquid (& leave behind the sediment - mostly tanins & stuff, usually...

(& of course, what you are drinking is technically an ayahuasca-analog; no caapi vine, & no chakruna or chaliponga leaf, eh?)

have ya been to www.ayahuasca.com or www.yage.net yet?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OnlineschmutzenS
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
    #4332090 - 06/24/05 11:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

11 grams will be heavy dose :smile:

I didn't know one could drink HCI, must boil off, eh? Lemons just seem a bit more organic.  The nausia is caused from the tannins and tryptamines themselves so...

I've heard good reports about the fridge decant as well.  Low boil should be OK, supposedly cold water works just as well.

There's gonnna be a lot of poop and puke. You guys gonna have a latrine or what?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

Anonymous

Re: Ayahuasca Preperation [Re: gnrm23]
    #4332468 - 06/24/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

gnrm23 said:
might be a little bit on the "heavy" side...
you can let the brew settle in the fridge for a couple days & decant the clearish liquid (& leave behind the sediment - mostly tanins & stuff, usually...

(& of course, what you are drinking is technically an ayahuasca-analog; no caapi vine, & no chakruna or chaliponga leaf, eh?)

have ya been to www.ayahuasca.com or www.yage.net yet?

Can you tell me a little more about decanting?  Which part will I want to save...the clearish liquid, right?

Yup, I'm aware this isn't the real deal, but I only had enough money for MHRB at the time.

Quote:

namaste said:
11 grams will be heavy dose :smile:

I didn't know one could drink HCI, must boil off, eh? Lemons just seem a bit more organic.  The nausia is caused from the tannins and tryptamines themselves so...

I've heard good reports about the fridge decant as well.  Low boil should be OK, supposedly cold water works just as well.

There's gonnna be a lot of poop and puke. You guys gonna have a latrine or what?

Yeah I am considering lowering that dose to around 8 grams.  As for HCl not being as organic as liquid, well, that's what stomach acid is made up of, so..  :wink:  Oh and yes, it does boil off.

(I see your point though...it seems a bit bad to be using something that people clean their driveways with in an Ayahuasca brew.)

Thanks for the replies =0)

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #4332756 - 06/24/05 02:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

well, a lotta folks say to make a couple extra doses so if soomebody ummmmm loses the load (yeah, projectile vomiting, been there...) & if they have the desire to try again, there's another dose waiting for them... (or is somebody is like "almost there" & maybe one more swig will kick 'em over the line...) --- beside, the brew freezes OK for future use...

also, sometimes the brew is in yr stomach OK, but nuthin's happenin' --- well a l ittle teeny snack (like a slice of toast with butter or margarine, or a slice of cheese on a cracker, or something) can cause it to sorta "kick in"...

really, go over to aya.com & read, read, read...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Anonymous

Re: Ayahuasca Preperation [Re: gnrm23]
    #4333034 - 06/24/05 03:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No no, I was asking if you could tell me more about how to decant the brew.  :laugh: As in, which parts to save, and which parts to throw away once they are sperated.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
    #4335316 - 06/25/05 08:00 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

let the murky "tea" sit in the fridge for a day or three... eventually there will be a wine-colored clear liquid on the top... and a layer of "mud" on the bottom...
"decanting" involves carefully pouring the clear liquid into a glass & sipping or chugging it into your tummy...
and the solids left at the bottom... well, they may have anywhere from a tiny fraction to maybe 5 or 10 % of the "goodies"... (you could pour it down the drain, or add just a little frsh water, shake it up, & then let it settle for a few days & again decant... or you could pour it onto the outside mushroom compost heap (they love a little dmt in the substrate, so i hear :wink: ...
or maybe use it (the solids) for a hair rinse, or a skin-healing lotion... i dunno...

--------------------
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
"decant" definition: [Re: gnrm23]
    #4335319 - 06/25/05 08:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
not old enough to care

Invisibleyousuck
Stranger

Re: "decant" definition: [Re: gnrm23]
    #4335502 - 06/25/05 10:04 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

its strange to see alot of words, and have them all equate to nothing.

ayahuasca preperation is a science that only you can teach yourself. people can give you advice but what has worked for them may usually not work for you. i will give you advice on how to avoid bad ayahausca:

dont use lemon juice, ever.
be careful with HCL acid, ayhuasca is selective of how you prepare it.
ive had good experiences with phosphoric acid (food grade).

also, bring your rue dosage down to 2.5-3 grams per person. any more and you will bring on the wrath of rue.

your mimosa dosage sounds good though. with lemon juice you can do 30grams and get an unpredictable dose, either really strong or really weak. with the acids though, it only takes 10 grams to get an intense trip.

best of luck. if your not taking it for spiritual reasons, id advise you not take it at all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract