Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
This is MajorTom
 Arcade Champion: Space Runner

3 Tubs, more questions
    #4331634 - 06/24/05 10:57 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

Alright, I know I've asked a few questions lately but this is my first grow and I wanna make sure I'm not messing everything up :wink: You know how it is, c'mon I'm excited :laugh:

Alright so, I've got 3 tubs sitting in my closet, filled with 4" of 45/45/10 Worm Castings/Verm/Straw.  The ambient temperature here is about, 72F.  As of now, I don't have a way to heat up my closet, I went to buy an oil-filled radiator heater, but they had sold out (BLAST!)... And I can't find any at other places... besides at this point it is too late for the grow... it's already begun.  Maybe next time.

However, here comes my question.  I just had to peek in there today to see if the tubs were colonizing, because I was worried about the temps being an issue... and thankfully, they were colonizing just fine.  There are white clumps all over the top of the substrate and throughout it (what I can see from the side of the tub when I moved the garbage bag) --- (I mixed my spawn in with the sub thouroughly, didn't just do a layer of it or anything).  Anyway, so I have no concern about it colonizing the tub, however... when casing time comes around, do you suspect I will have trouble initiating pinning because there won't be a "shift" in temperature?  Perhaps if I left them outside overnight (around 50F) after the casing layer colonized? 

I don't exactly know much about what to do with the casing layer.  I mean, I know -HOW- to case it, but what do I do after that exactly?  How do I want it to colonize?  I know I don't want myc all over the place, right?  I did a lot of reading around but couldn't find really what I wanted to know.  At what point do I want to set the tubs into "fruiting mode"..? 

Thanks for your help everyone, it is much appriciated. :smile:

Free Spore Ring Canada

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Loc: somewhere else
Re: 3 Tubs, more questions [Re: Onetwothree]
    #4331664 - 06/24/05 11:10 AM (11 years, 4 months ago)

after sub is fully colonized then case it, up to an inch. after that let the myc come until you can just see it under the surface of the casing. then apply the other pinning triggers: light, lots of fresh air exchanges, temp where you have it should be fine. don't forget to mist your casing until the pins start coming, don't over due it and saturate it too much, just keep it moist.
good luck to ya

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation