Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
Thread Ratings
    #4331570 - 06/24/05 10:17 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Why aren't these showing up?

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Thread Ratings [Re: Organic]
    #4331649 - 06/24/05 11:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

If they're being phased out, I'm kind of glad. I could see a point for them in forums talking about drugs specifically so people can know what's worth taking a look at, but as far as OTD and the Pub goes, there's no point in having them.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland Flag
    #4332357 - 06/24/05 02:16 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The've been removed, far too few people used them and there was a number of users who constantly rated threads 1 rating just to be stupid.

So they are gone for good.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Thread Ratings [Re: Thor]
    #4332359 - 06/24/05 02:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:thumbup:  Seems like no love's lost there.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Thread Ratings [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4332380 - 06/24/05 02:22 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I concur.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4332746 - 06/24/05 04:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

The "Choose Rating" dropdown is still showing up along with the rating at the bottom of the thread.

--------------------

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

#4335337 - 06/25/05 10:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

All traces of thread ratings are gone now :thumbup:, maybe so many feelings won't be hurt now :smirk:

--------------------

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
    #4335775 - 06/25/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, that sucks. They were useful to me, especially when viewing grow logs and such. I'm sorry to hear that they're gone. I just wish that someone in the administration would have taken the initiative to start a Shroomery poll, so that the users could make the decision.

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Thread Ratings [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4335792 - 06/25/05 02:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I agree with everything you said.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #4335815 - 06/25/05 02:15 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

They felt that the feature wasn't necessary obviously, this is their website and they can run it how they want, remember that.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Re: Thread Ratings [Re: gdman]
    #4335855 - 06/25/05 02:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for reminding me, I appreciate it.

All I am saying is that they were useful in some forums despite people getting upset over getting a 1 shroom rating. Just my opinion, remember that.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#4339991 - 06/26/05 08:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Organic said:
Thanks for reminding me, I appreciate it.

All I am saying is that they were useful in some forums despite people getting upset over getting a 1 shroom rating. Just my opinion, remember that.

Problem is if we took a look at active membership and the number of people who rated threads it was under the 2% mark.

Since so few people used it was easy for 1 or 2 users to literally rate 1 to a bunch of threads to skew it.

It was happening way too often and thus since so few people used the rating system it made it sadly of little value.

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
    #4342940 - 06/27/05 02:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Then why, instead of removing the feature from the website, didn't the Administration make a sticky or something encouraging people to properly use the rating system and not abuse it? Was there even an announcement from the Administration about removing the rating system? If there was, I missed it.

And yes, it is the Administration's website, so for the most part these type of decisions are up to them...but this is supposed to be a "community" not a dictatorship.

Again, I'm sorry to see we've lost this feature, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I don't suppose anything is going to be done to change that. I guess all decisions are final at the Shroomery. I suppose it's because the Admin's/mods are too lazy or inconsiderate to do anything about it. :shrug:

:thumbdown:

--------------------
:dragon: See all my Favorite Threads (lots of info)

:alert: ATTENTION NOOBS: ASK ALL YOUR CULTIVATION QUESTIONS HERE :alert:

buy my impulse and vacuum sealers  :pm: <--click

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: Thread Ratings [Re: Dragonaut]
    #4344167 - 06/27/05 07:07 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Then why, instead of removing the feature from the website, didn't the Administration make a sticky or something encouraging people to properly use the rating system and not abuse it? Was there even an announcement from the Administration about removing the rating system? If there was, I missed it.

And yes, it is the Administration's website, so for the most part these type of decisions are up to them...but this is supposed to be a "community" not a dictatorship.

I take that personally, this group of admins is one of the most active I've ever seen in any website. We are constantly updating and adding features to this website which take great effort and committment.

We can't take a poll for every little decision, the vote on it was done by the masses, we gave it 1 year and it was consistantly not used so an announcement wouldn't have done much of anything.

In fact it took almost 5 days before the first post was made noticing it was gone, that speaks volumes on a busy site like this.

Quote:

I guess all decisions are final at the Shroomery. I suppose it's because the Admin's/mods are too lazy or inconsiderate to do anything about it.

Thats just a ridiculous statement, first of all if we were lazy why have the admins added at least 40-50 modified features to this board software? All the added features on this were worked on by very dedicated guys who work very hard to add cool features that were not part of the software, which is honestly bare bones without their add ons.

Its unfortunate that some people choose to be insulting and rude when we have done so much for this community and given them soooooo many cool features that no other community would bother with.

All that and we do it inspite of comments like this which certainly no one enjoys.

We have constantly strived to improve this board and much of our ideas come from the community via suggestions.

However not every small decision will have a community say, in fact in order to keep things running smoothly we have to make decisions we feel are in the best interest of the website.

I again remind you that of our 'active' user base of roughly 2000 users in the last month posting, ONLY 2% or less rated a thread, and of that 2% just over half were 1 shroom ratings done by only a few users

Because of this we can safely say that:

#1. This is a very unpopular feature
#2. Because of the low use rate, its incredibly easy for 1 or 2 users to mess up ratings.
#3. Less than 2% of our membership used this feature, I say again for effect, and this is after having it around for well over 1 year.

Not every decision we make is going to be 100% liked by everyone, but you have to accept it because there is very few who care about this feature and even fewer who used it.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#4344256 - 06/27/05 07:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
Issue is closed.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback