Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Picking
    #4331473 - 06/24/05 06:54 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys, was wondering when optimun time is pick. Some of my Cambos just broke from the veil. Whens the best weight to pick. Also, for print, I should pick when they are flat right.
Also, I have an uneven pin set, so what if I waited for say these ones that broke away from the veil to get flat, by then I may have more that just break away fromteh veil, but I can pick nroe evenily so I have a bit ore even next time.
Anythign be cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Picking [Re: littleharoldeh]
    #4331485 - 06/24/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I pick when the caps go horizontal, you gain a decent amount of mass since veil breakage and potency doesn't seem to be affected at all.

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4331486 - 06/24/05 07:03 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Really its jus each persons personal preferance on when to pick, most pick before the veil breaks to keep from gettin spores everywhere. some pick when they flatten cause they weigh a bit more.
You can pick them as they mature, or all within 24 - 36 hours to help ensure an even second flush dont forget to patch and mist...

Yes you print when they flatten out evenly, normally one day after the veil breaks....

Good luck man...

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Re: Picking [Re: ultralight]
    #4331497 - 06/24/05 07:09 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

You mention, spores everywhere, is it a bad thing if spores get on the casing. I woudl think not, but I;m a newbie

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
    #4331506 - 06/24/05 07:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

The only danger in getting spores everywhere is that your cakes/casings get turned black with the damn things, and this makes it more difficult to spot contams. And the black/purple of spores combined with the blue of mycelium bruising looks like contam all by itself to the untrained eye.

Luckily I don't care much about presentation, so I wait till the caps are horizontal like Diver said, for exactly the same reasons that he gave. Especially if you're growing off of cakes, IMO there's really no good (substantiated) reason not to let them reach maturity. Why not go for all the mass you can?

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Offlineultralight
fury 762 where are you?

#4331507 - 06/24/05 07:16 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Personally I pick before the veil fully tears, so dont really have this problem...some with large fruiting chamber and mulitple bulk subs going at the same time will have large amounts of spores everywhere..
I have read that where the spore fall will prevent future pinning in that spot....but I dont really know...someone that lets their fruits fully mature could better answer...

Offlinelittleharoldeh
Zoom Zoom Zoom
 User Gallery

Re: Picking [Re: ultralight]
    #4331514 - 06/24/05 07:22 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys, well I think I'll let my early ones go horzintal so my other other ones can catch up and I can pick more even. Heres what I got this morning.

Nat

OfflineBenKenobi
Enlightened 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Europe
    #4331642 - 06/24/05 09:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Just gunna sneak in a noob question why we on the subject of pickin, what is the best method of pickin them off a casing?
Do u just gently pull till it comes loose or will it bring a large chunk of casin material with it? im assumin cuttin low at the base would be a bad idea due to left over stem rotin?

cheers :smile:

OfflineWillieTomg
If stemmer votedme 1, I'm doingSOMETHING right!
Loc: On the insides of your ey...
Re: Picking [Re: BenKenobi]
    #4331822 - 06/24/05 10:02 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Using gloves, gently grasp the base of the stem and slowly pull it away with a twisting motion. It shouldn't take any of your casing layer except perhaps a stray crumb of verm or something. I was wondering if it would be hard at all, but the first time I picked the shrooms off of my cakes it was really simple. Just twist&pull at the same time, and handle everything gently, and you'll be fine.

And you assume correctly, you don't cut because the left over stem would rot and contam.

--------------------
Battles of wits are impossible with the unarmed.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds