Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
Bitch Splitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Dirdy SOUF
Medical Marijuana
    #4316095 - 06/20/05 02:48 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Keep pushing this angle. It's the first step towards legalization.

--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Edited by TheFakeSunRa (06/20/05 04:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #4316166 - 06/20/05 04:43 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

:cheers:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: eligal]
    #4318576 - 06/20/05 08:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If everyone could please join the Marijuana Policy Project's mailing list. You will be given instructions on how them to send fax's and emails for you to your representatives.

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #4318595 - 06/20/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Medical marijuana should be taken away. It's simply a backdoor way for marijuana addicts to legalize the harmful narcotic.

There's much more effective methods. We've already patented the active chemicals as Marinol, so why would we then allow the smoking of a harmful narcotic like marijuana?

After all, we see the medicinal value of the poppy, so we made medicinal grade morphine. We don't have people in pain smoke opium. :rolleyes:

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: lardnar]
    #4319713 - 06/21/05 05:15 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i have no idea what your talkin about... wheres that list? lol.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinelardnar
Pu Pu Platter
Male

Loc: Behind what appears
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: Ravus]
    #4320033 - 06/21/05 09:32 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Medical marijuana should be taken away. It's simply a backdoor way for marijuana addicts to legalize the harmful narcotic.

There's much more effective methods. We've already patented the active chemicals as Marinol, so why would we then allow the smoking of a harmful narcotic like marijuana?

After all, we see the medicinal value of the poppy, so we made medicinal grade morphine. We don't have people in pain smoke opium. :rolleyes:

Ah, but you are oversimplifying the issue (troll :wink: ). In opium there are over 40 different alkaloids which produce different effects, heroine and morphine being just two. In marijuana there are more significant substances than just THC. Marinol is purely synthetic THC which only treats some of the conditions that medical marijuana is prescribed for. Also, Marinol (which comes in pill form) takes over an hour to give effect. This is a poor substitute to vaporizing marijuana for two reasons. One, you do not get the desired and prescribed effect and your suffering is prolonged for another hour. The more significant IMO issue is that you cannot accurately gauge how much marinol you take because it doesn't kick in for an hour and the increments are too large. Taking too much is not a pleasant experience and can make you feel intoxicated like the heavy, addictive and dangerous but schedule II and III instead of I pain killers.

Also, you mention that marijuana is dangerous. In the early 90s the DEA's Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young said "A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

--------------------
If your soul is sence this life is lost ...

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: lardnar]
    #4321001 - 06/21/05 02:17 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

In marijuana there are more significant substances than just THC. Marinol is purely synthetic THC which only treats some of the conditions that medical marijuana is prescribed for.

If this is the case, why not make it into a better medication? If it's more than THC that is helping medicinally, then we should patent it as a safe, effective drug, not have cancer patients burn an herb and inhale the harmful smoke.

Both the opium poppy and the coca plant have medicinal purposes, but how often do people smoke opium or chew coca quids for their diseases in modern society? It is the same case with marijuana; scientifically and medically, people do not smoke drugs for their conditions. It's simply regression back into naturalistic herbal pseudoscience rather than FDA approved pills and other methods, like we've done with all other drugs.

If there are problems with Marinol, we should fix them and come up with another safe, medically sound drug, rather than telling people to just go smoke drugs. If someone was having problems with morphine, we wouldn't tell them to go smoke opium, we'd fix the problem at the source.

When I say marijuana is dangerous, it's not dangerous in a lethal way, but over time, it is harmful. Why would have cancer patients inhale carcinogen-containing smoke? And even if marijuana was safe, people still shouldn't be using herbs for their medical problems, they should use traditional medicine like we've been doing for decades.

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #4322558 - 06/21/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

When I say marijuana is dangerous, it's not dangerous in a lethal way, but over time, it is harmful. Why would have cancer patients inhale carcinogen-containing smoke?

Marijuana should be fed to patients. That was they get the full benefits of the plant and none of the negative effects from smoking it.

God made these plants for a reason. Their medicinal properties are obvious.

Invisiblepeepeepottypants
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: niteowl]
    #4324166 - 06/22/05 09:52 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"And even if marijuana was safe, people still shouldn't be using herbs for their medical problems, they should use traditional medicine like we've been doing for decades."

where do you draw the line for traditional medicine. Is it when the medicine is in pill form? at at what point does "traditional medicine"  become harmful..,like oxy and xanax? I think that traditional medicine is more likely to be herbs, non-synthetic. 
its like umm...more natural man....
:blazed:  :smile2:

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
    #4327324 - 06/23/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

And even if marijuana was safe, people still shouldn't be using herbs for their medical problems, they should use traditional medicine like we've been doing for decades.

lol!!! hehehe, is it just me, or is this very very contradictory... most "traditional drugs" are herbs!! (and if your talkin about shit like, tylenol, then your using the wrong words, cause it is definately not traditional...).
really man, did you do this on purpose to make fun of antidrug people? or do you have an alternative reason which i failed to notice?

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"MolokoMilkPlus said:

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4327591 - 06/23/05 04:37 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:

Ravus, you never fail to remind us all of how ignorant you really are.  The war on drugs has done more harm than any narcotic could ever do, you have proved this with your own ignorance.

BTW, marijuana is not a narcotic, you have been completely brain washed by organizations like the DEA.

nar?cot?ic (n?r-kŏt'ĭk)
n.
An addictive drug, such as opium, that reduces pain, alters mood and behavior, and usually induces sleep or stupor. Natural and synthetic narcotics are used in medicine to control pain.
A soothing, numbing agent or thing: ?There was the blessed narcotic of bridge, at the Colony or at the home of friends? (Louis Auchincloss).

http://www.answers.com/narcotic&r=67

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: eligal]
    #4327599 - 06/23/05 04:49 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
Quote:

Ravus said:
Quote:

And even if marijuana was safe, people still shouldn't be using herbs for their medical problems, they should use traditional medicine like we've been doing for decades.

lol!!! hehehe, is it just me, or is this very very contradictory... most "traditional drugs" are herbs!! (and if your talkin about shit like, tylenol, then your using the wrong words, cause it is definately not traditional...).
really man, did you do this on purpose to make fun of antidrug people? or do you have an alternative reason which i failed to notice?

I know its hard to believe but he really is this ignorant, he might even work for some form of drug enforcement. This type of ignorance is responsible for causing and maintaining the war on drugs, but to see someone with Internet access maintain such a distorted view proves that the war on drugs is causing this ignorance to spread. Television is one of the major factors in spreading this propaganda. If you find Ravus amusing you should read this http://www.speakout.com/forum_view.asp?Forum=Drugs&MID=18261&mMID=18261

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: LSDempire]
    #4328367 - 06/23/05 11:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I'm just trying to protect people like you from themselves. You can thank me later.

Medical marijuana is just a sleazy backdoor method of legalization, and should be outlawed. Marijuana is a Schedule I substance which means it has no medicinal value, so it'd be hypocritical for the government to endorse it as a medicine anymore than endorsing dangerous drugs like LSD or MDMA for medicinal purposes.

--------------------

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

#4328376 - 06/23/05 11:55 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Narcotic-
An addictive drug, such as opium, that reduces pain, alters mood and behavior, and usually induces sleep or stupor.

www.yourdictionary.com

Marijuana fits that definition; it's addictive, reduces pain by its harmful properties, alters mood and behavior, and makes people sleepy.

--------------------

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #4330446 - 06/23/05 09:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Marijuana is a Schedule I substance which means it has no medicinal value,

I see you are trying to use logic in your post, almost double speak ala George W. Bush. You may THINK it has no medical value, but you are VERY wrong!

I have been suffering from Migraine headaches for over five years now. I have been on all the medicines you can imagine for migraines, a regimen of preventatives, abortives and pain killers. After cycling through many different meds I decided to stop taking all of them except for the abortitives, which actually worked. Now when I get a migraine I'll pop an Axert, an abortitive, and pack a bowl of weed, which is the only thing that really helps me pull through. I refuse to take pain killers so I use Marijuana instead. It helps me go to relax, go to sleep and stops me from puking all the time. Further it helps my epilepsy, I don't have as many seizures when I use.

You can think what you want, and thats great, but Im very sorry if you believe that rhetoric. Sure Marijuana is schedule one, its no more harmful than alcohol or tobacco. So why is it schedule one? Heck Heroin is just an effective pain killer as Oxycodone or Demerol, but why is it schedule one? Also Methamphetamine is schedule two, nobody can say that Meth is less dangerous than Marijuana, thats crazy. But why is Meth Schedule two?

By the way if you ain't figured it out yet I do have a Doctor's recommendation for medical marijuana. I'am very greatful for haveing having one. It makes it far less complex to procure the medicine I need.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

#4331340 - 06/24/05 03:38 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
I'm just trying to protect people like you from themselves. You can thank me later.

Medical marijuana is just a sleazy backdoor method of legalization, and should be outlawed. Marijuana is a Schedule I substance which means it has no medicinal value, so it'd be hypocritical for the government to endorse it as a medicine anymore than endorsing dangerous drugs like LSD or MDMA for medicinal purposes.

I will thank you now, because nazis know so much more than me about what is good for ME! Thank you so much for trying to have me put in prison.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4331468 - 06/24/05 06:45 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

One of the defining moments in my life has been the day my great grandfather called me to him when I was whining and told me:

"Kid: there comes a moment in life where you just have to get bent and take it like a man."

And how right he was. Ravus has you all beat both in logic as well as in holding the higher moral ground. He does not have to resort to questionable logic nor the calling of names.

Most modern medicines are derived from herbals, indeed. But notice the word derived here. You don't get the herb, you get a purified molecule that has been tweaked to be optimally medicinal.

Cannabis is not.
Cannabis has a major side effect that drugs should not have: it causes euphoria. You get high. If you want a glaucoma drug you tweak the THC molecule until you get one that corrects ocular pressure without giving you a "high" as a side effect.

To medicinally Rx a HERB and intend that for SMOKING is utter lunacy.

Marijuana might be a suitable startingpoint for creation of THC-analogs with medicinal value i'm sure, but Rx-ing a herb of undefined composition to be smoked is contrary to modern medicine, especially if people get a "high" to cope with as a side effect.

"There comes a moment in life where you just have to get bent and take it like a man."

I think you guys owe Ravus an apology. He was making sense in the senseless, pointless, misguided topic of "medical" Marijuana.

Note: This is not my opinion, I'm delivering a counterpoint taking on the role of an anti-drug crusader. Anti people would be uncomfortable on our site so I'll offer the voice of opposition. Again: this is not my opinion.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: Asante]
    #4331611 - 06/24/05 08:42 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
One of the defining moments in my life has been the day my great grandfather called me to him when I was whining and told me:

"Kid: there comes a moment in life where you just have to get bent and take it like a man."

And how right he was. Ravus has you all beat both in logic as well as in holding the higher moral ground. He does not have to resort to questionable logic nor the calling of names.

Most modern medicines are derived from herbals, indeed. But notice the word derived here. You don't get the herb, you get a purified molecule that has been tweaked to be optimally medicinal.

Cannabis is not.
Cannabis has a major side effect that drugs should not have: it causes euphoria. You get high. If you want a glaucoma drug you tweak the THC molecule until you get one that corrects ocular pressure without giving you a "high" as a side effect.

Marijuana might be a suitable startingpoint for creation of THC-analogs with medicinal value i'm sure, but Rx-ing a herb of undefined composition to be smoked is contrary to modern medicine, especially if people get a "high" to cope with as a side effect.

"There comes a moment in life where you just have to get bent and take it like a man."

I think you guys owe Ravus an apology. He was making sense in the senseless, pointless, misguided topic of "medical" Marijuana.

Note: This is not my opinion, I'm delivering a counterpoint taking on the role of an anti-drug crusader. Anti people would be uncomfortable on our site so I'll offer the voice of opposition. Again: this is not my opinion.

Tylenol is harmful, yet it is not effective in treating pain or anything else. Why do people waste money on drugs that are so worthless? Because they are man made they must be safer than evil witchcraft herbs? Ravus is a tylenol abuser!!!! Would I get banned if I called him a loser?

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: Asante]
    #4331648 - 06/24/05 09:05 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
And how right he was. Ravus has you all beat both in logic as well as in  holding the higher moral ground.

How is it a "higher moral ground" to put me , a hard working, tax paying citizen, in jail for growing a PLANT.

Quote:

ALL man-made drugs, of ANY kind are deadly. When you take one of Gods creations and mutate it into something abnormal. You have committed the greatest sin IMO.

ALL synthetic/man-made drugs are DEADLY. They can be used to harm other people.
Cannabis is not.

Quote:

Cannabis has a major side effect that drugs should not have: it causes euphoria. You get high.

Im guessing that you and your grandfather never drank alcohol either, or smoked tobacco? :rolleyes:

Quote:

How many times do you have to be told that marijuana does NOT have to be smoked.

If I were allowed to grow my own marijuana, I would NEVER smoke again.

People smoke it because it has gotten so expensive due to the Drug War that people cant afford to eat it, they have to smoke it.

So if your TRULY concerned about my health......let me grow my own marijuana so I can stop smoking it and start eating it.

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineLSDempire
LibertarianEnforcer
 User Gallery

Re: Medical Marijuana [Re: niteowl]
    #4331708 - 06/24/05 09:26 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Prohibitionists will most likely continue to ignore the facts no matter how many times you tell them, so they can continue making money off the war on drugs. If we need to overthrow a government or two to end the war on drugs, I am 100% on the side of the revolutionaries.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies