Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Major RL spiritual/philosophical deadlock - shed your light on it [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #4343275 - 06/27/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PhanTomCat said:
Wiccan, because of this post you made a while back (that I have bookmarked):

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3044784#Post3044784

I decided NOT to try the Henbane that I had purchased, and your descriptive first-hand experience/words made me come to my decision....  I threw it out, even though I was very curious about it's effects.... 

Curiousity will prolly~ end up killing this cat, but not with deathly visions caused by a tropane containing plant - and the knowledge I learned about it's possible effects....

:sun:

This is the first thing I thought of when I read the first post. As much as the general info on Erowid/Shroomery has made an impression of the dangers of dautra, that thread contained enough information to truly understand why it can be so nasty.

Dautra, to me, is one of the best examples of how accurate information can speak for itself. Presenting accurate and well researched information could be presented in such a way that the horrifying experiences speak for themselves.

I'm assuming that you're implying that you're going to also present the "positive" uses of witching herbs, which could be misinterperted as an "okay" to use witchherbs to "tr!p bA||z"? My personal feeling on this is to seperate the writing styles of the "harm-reduction" portion of your FAQ/website from the more academic and medicinal side of witching herbs.

The information you presented in that thread about the dangers of witching herbs is written in an entertaining and easy to access style of writing. People who are looking for a recreational experience will find that appealing to read while also making an impression. But if the "positive" uses of witching herbs are buried in academic-speak, chemistry, and neurological information, it could put off people who are just looking to get high off of something legal, while reserving the positive uses for the people who are responsible enough to dedicate themselves to understanding all the aspects of it.

In other words, in order to get to the information which could in any way be taken as a stamp of approvel/encouragement, you would have to dedicate yourself to reading the more heady material.

I have had a curiousity in understanding the responsible uses of witching herbs and would greatly appericate access to that type of material. I'm not even sure if I'd ever want to actually use witching herbs for anything, but I'd certainly like to understand it more.

I also have to say, Dautra metel is a beautiful plant. I hope to grow some soon.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Major RL spiritual/philosophical deadlock - shed your light on it [Re: Asante]
    #4345089 - 06/27/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

I stll have a PharmAlert from Maryland some 20+ years ago because idiot adolescents were dying from Jimson Weed - Datura Stramonium. Shamanic practices like those popularized by Casteneda, fictional though they were, at least indicated that these substances were applied topically, not ingested. I've known at least a couple of youths who almost died from wrongful ingestion (once from a one-time OTC for asthma called Asthmador, which was smoked even by kids, but instead brewed. He was tied to his hospital bed for a couple of days to ride out the 'true' hallucinations. The other one - a counselee of mine - landed himself in the hospital twice. Kids in Marland were eating the seeds and dying!

The image of the witch on a broomstick derives from women who absorbed a fat and datura ointment through the vaginal mucosa of their labia - and flew - OOBE's on Datura! They were often persecuted for using 'the fat of murdered unbaptized infants'!! Visions of the witche's Sabbat! These things truly need to be passed on by an initiator belonging to a real tradition, not from young wannabe, do-it-yourselfers who read a few witchcraft books. But that's just me.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder