Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Lost in the woods (a bit long)
    #4330174 - 06/23/05 10:12 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I just wanted to post my most recent report from two weeks ago..

Started off with a friend of mine and I deciding to drive up and hike around Boulder Canyon. We both ate about 1g dried and then topped it off with some electric kool-aid. The come up was a bit intense and I ended up tossing my cookies, but I forced it to stay down for the first hour and a half. We started out hiking at a random spot that we found around 7PM. We brought flashlights and warm clothes too as well as ponchos (It had been raining all day). Luckily the weather held out and all was good around 8PM, I was no longer feeling sick and tripping pretty hard.

We ended up just walking for about a half an hour and would stop occasionally to look up at the clouds and just be in  a generally peaceful state of mind. As it started getting dark we decided to not turn on the flashlights and just find our way around in the dark. It was wet and a bit slippery but overall neither of us was particularly worried about falling or getting lost as we did not stray too far from the car. We crossed over a creek and continued stumbling around in the dark (I might not reccomend it to everyone but it was amazing and lots of intense fun!)

At one point I noticed some houses a bit off and suddenly felt the urge to stop walking as though we might be trespassing. I told my friend to stop and then told him I think we should go back in the other direction. We debated on this for about a minute when my friend said "Whoa!" and pointed to a barbed-wire fence three inches in front of me (we couldn't see it clearly in the dark). I was a little shaken up because had I not had the urge to stop I would have run right into it, could have been pretty nasty. After hiking around for about another hour we decided to head back as we were finally coming down. Getting back was a bit intense becuase we weren't quite sure where we were, but did make it back fairly easily. We later went over to a hill by my car and were going to lie down and meditate some more.

As I was preparing to lie down, I stretched my arms as high as I could towards the sky. Then I looked up and noticed a power line dangling about three inches from my hand. I was again pretty taken aback by this, altough I am not sure anything would have happened had I touched it. We finally left and made it to the liqour store on an empty tank of gas 1 minute before it closed and got some beer for the rest of the night. Wow, it was close call after close call. :ooo:

Awesome trip though and my first time tripping in the woods- can't wait to do it again camping!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineUlisSausage7
seattle
Male

Re: Lost in the woods (a bit long) [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4330347 - 06/23/05 11:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

weird.. maybe the fact that you were tripping made things seem closer etc..

--------------------
Marx said:
good luck with the microscopy 

:whistling:

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known
 Arcade Champion: Ms. Pacman, Pac Man, Tetris

Loc: t(here)
Re: Lost in the woods (a bit long) [Re: UlisSausage7]
    #4330359 - 06/23/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

there is danger every step of the way.

OfflineUnit_134679
Mind Expanding
Male

Loc: North Carolina
    #4330362 - 06/23/05 11:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Nice story. I would have liked reading some on what you felt, saw, and experienced on the trip instead of what you just did (walking around in the dark). :smile:

--------------------

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Lost in the woods (a bit long) [Re: Unit_134679]
    #4330456 - 06/23/05 11:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Unit_134679 said:
Nice story. I would have liked reading some on what you felt, saw, and experienced on the trip instead of what you just did (walking around in the dark). :smile:

Good point, I got kind of caught up in the details of the physical experience itself because it was so novel.

During the come up I had some negative imagery going through my mind (earlier in the day I had shadowed over at the hospital ICU and one of the patients was dying of AIDS) that was hard to let go of. The come up was like I said intense and I just had mostly strange feelings. I often find that I feel like I am goin to regret the trip but never end up doing so, it's just sometimes hard to let go initially- not that I am fighting it, just wrestling with it. What I often notice with mushrooms during pre-peak is that I have feelings like I am in a trance, my eyes become heavy and I feel like I could just fall to sleep, though this is impossible from my own experience. I just feel somewhat disconnected and hypnotized at which stage it helps me to have absolute silence and just relax my mind.

Later during and after peak was much better. Mostly I was transfixed on the nature scenery and the clouds rolling overhead. There were three layers of clouds and each was moving in an opposing direction which looked very cool. THe best part for sure was when the stars came out- and there was not a lot of introspection going on at this point, I was really just mesmerized by the surrounding nature as this was my first experience, but I will relate some closed-eye imagery. I saw myself inside this submarine- like vessel that had an aqua-green color to everything as though the vessel itself was filled with water. There was a pathway I was taking and as I followed along a corridor (still underwater) everything was warped and bending in strange ways. I finally found a door that had a small window peering through and I decided to open it. At this point I saw someone's face and it dissolved into binary bits of data (picture someone leaving the matrix through a telephone). I am very soothed by water and found this imagery to be quite pleasant. It might seem claustrophobic to some and strange in the way things shifted and bent, but I enjoyed it a lot- very peaceful and yet still an exploration.

Most of what I was feeling was just an enormous amount of euphoria by the awe of nature and I really felt very lucky to be experiencing it. I thought of the city of Boulder (which was just about four miles East of us) and how most people were just going about an ordinary Friday night of partying and looking to hook up, and how I was fortunate to be living a true adventure of the mind. We did stumble upon a gigantic mushroom (not sure what kind) which was prety cool, like it was placed there just for us. The feelings I took from the whole experience was just tremendous fortune in the way that all of the close calls were avoided and the weather held out to be a very beautiful evening. Nothing like the stars in the mountains  :laugh:

Offlineoysterguy63
60's child

Loc: God's Country
    #4330549 - 06/24/05 12:01 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I propose you consider the possibility that your "stopping" just shy of the fence, and laying down to be a few inches shy of the electric wire were due to a heightened sense of perception and communication with ones spiritual self.  Perhaps even communication from someone else who was watching over you.  I have had some enlightening, amazing things happen when visiting the psil.  :smile:  Nice short report.

--------------------
Oysters...yuummmmm

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Lost in the woods (a bit long) [Re: oysterguy63]
    #4330655 - 06/24/05 12:35 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

oysterguy63 said:
I propose you consider the possibility that your "stopping" just shy of the fence, and laying down to be a few inches shy of the electric wire were due to a heightened sense of perception and communication with ones spiritual self.  Perhaps even communication from someone else who was watching over you.  I have had some enlightening, amazing things happen when visiting the psil.  :smile:  Nice short report.

I didn't want to come out and specifically say what it was that alerted me to the immediate dangers, but I did feel something profound as though my mind was in tune with what lie ahead, even if my eyes weren't.

OfflineUnit_134679
Mind Expanding
Male

Loc: North Carolina
    #4330871 - 06/24/05 01:23 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreenOsiris said:
Most of what I was feeling was just an enormous amount of euphoria by the awe of nature and I really felt very lucky to be experiencing it.

I experienced that the first time I rolled. Blue running man...nice roll. Great details by the way :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports